Saturday, April 26, 2008

Lookout BATMAN!


My darling little Bat-girl! Our preschool holds a fabulous Art Show for birth through age 4. All the art is child generated with the teacher's guidance. Our director does not want any kind of help from the teacher so that the kids' parents are seeing what the CHILD can do, not the teacher. It turned out so beautifully! I had a video of her in front of a tree made from boxes painted brown. All the children were a forest animal and had a speaking line about their characteristics. She did so GREAT! I can't get the video loaded, so the pic will have to do for now.


One of three of PG's art pieces.

We have a coffee bar at church and our director opened it up to the parents strolling "The Gallery" for free frappuccinos which meant the teachers (I teach in the other 4 yr. old class) got them, too! I will never pass up one of these for freeeeeeee!!!! ; )


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great idea. We do something similar, it is called art and pizza night. We hang all the kids art work in the gym and serve pizza and soda for dinner. Love the coffee bars. Our new church (Eagle Heights Fellowship) has one that most of the proceeds go to the youth.

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

OMG! I have had PG going to be 6 this fall! I just had it in my mind she was older than Josh by a couple of weeks! I guess its ok that I'm nearly 2 years behind!OOps! My bad!

Mommy Spice said...

Love the tree!! Way to go Panda Girl. And free fraps! Yum!!

Miss you guys.

redmaryjanes said...

I love that last photo. Panda Girl is a true artist.

Anonymous said...

She looks so cute in the picture. And her art work is FABULOUS...

Crim said...

wow - her preschool teacher must be AMAZING to come up with such a fabulous idea - not just slaping paint on paper but to make them learn and think as well - and to have speaking parts for the kids - what an out-of-the-box thinker - becuase who in their right mind gives speaking parts to 5 year olds and expects them to NAIL THEM EVERYTIME!!!!! really truly an amazing woman :-)

Adele said...

PG is quite an artist. I know you are so proud of her. She is sooooo cute!!! By the way, that is a great picture of you as well. That frap looks delicious. Have a great week!!!

Denise C said...

Beautiful art work...and fabulous looking batman panda girl! (wink)
She's such a cutie!!!
Oh ...and you gotta love a good Frapp! I never pass them up either! yummmmmm!!!!
Hugs to you sweet friend!

Nikki said...

Love your little bat girl and her art...
but now I'm craving a frappuccino!

Take care!

Mardi said...

awww...I love the little ears on batgirl! Too cute! :)

Not So Random Acts of Kindness said...

I have been a lurker for a long time! I wanted to take this opportunity to say thanks for the post on 4-19 with the great idea for a fun dinner. I plan to do something similar for guests coming over this Friday! Keep up the bloggin'- always a blessing to me! Thanks!