Monday, April 07, 2008

Tribute to a Friend


The first girl on the front left side of the table went home to be with Jesus early this morning. Susan fell asleep and woke up in the arms of her Savior. Her husband noticed her hand was on his side of the bed and cold. He is an EMT. He knew. She leaves behind and amazing husband and a precious little girl who's 6th birthday party is this coming Sat. Susan was on the mission trip with us this past February and I got to know her well over those eight days we were together. She was very active and involved in our church's preschool ministries, a firefighter and EMT, kind-hearted, a diligent worker, servant's heart and loved Jesus. She will be dearly missed. Please pray for blessings over her family while they wait to meet her someday in perfection. Susan, you are whole now...enjoy heaven, sweet one.

Philippians 3:20
But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

10 comments:

GloryandGrace said...

Amen...Thank you for sharing a sweet tribute to your friend. How amazing it is that even in death we don't despair because of the hope we have...

Love you dearly~

Kim said...

I'm so sorry about your friend...and the six year old daughter, that makes me sad...may God comfort and bless you all during this great loss!!!

Crim said...

susan - wow - she was a defender of j.man - she was joy to the cubbies - she was SO proud of being able to add the title of missionary to her resume - she loved her baby - she was understanding of other peoples childrens "quirks" - not just eager to serve but willing to serve - my heart is broken for my loss - my heart is broken for her husband and baby she leaves behind - I'm proud to have known her

Steffie B. said...

omw.....my hand came up over mouth to cover my sadness.....I am so sorry for your loss and for her families as well. I will keep them in my prayers.....

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of not only ya'lls friend but a friend to many. I am saying a prayer for her husband and her six year old daughter. We serve a wonderful Savior who I know will mend the broken hearts and will put His wonderful loving arms around them and comfort them during this tragic loss.

Rmomof3 said...

Tears filled my eyes as I read. How precious it is that she is with the AlMIGHTY LORD - but also as a Mom who daily prays to live to raise her blessings into adulthood - how poignant it was too! My prayers will be with you and this dear ones family in the coming days!
Renee

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

Oh how sad for her child who may not be able to grasp the rejoicing part-wow. you just never know.

Terri said...

What a sweet tribute! She served the Lord and now she is in His presence! Amen!

Mommy Spice said...

Oh my....I know she's in heaven walking on streets of gold. I am so sorry for her family's loss though. We will be praying for this family.

Nikki said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet friend...her family will be in my prayers.