Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Yehhhh-EEEEEE! (That's supposed to be the Cajun sounding hoot-n-hollar call)


One week ago tonight we went out with some great friends (Hi! I know you are reading! wink.) We went to Pappadeaux's Cajun Restaurant for some CHEAP boiled crawfish with the potatoes and corn with all the yummy cajun spices. We had a great time of fellowship and loved the food! Very fun atmosphere!

Wahlah! Let the party begin!

...and this is what we came for!--even though I didn't really have any. I opted for fried catfish fillets that cost FOUR times as much as their crawfish. Not too smart.

Somehow I don't think the crawfish is smiling as big as PandaPop.

Ewwwweeee! The aftermath of Cajun spices...

Oh--how fun! A wishing fountain!

Hmmm--I wonder what the water's like?

Nope-couldn't resist the temptation!

14 comments:

GloryandGrace said...

Umm, no. It's WooooooOOOOOOOOOOOO-EEH! Long "Woo" that gets increasingly more ear-piercing, with the finale of the "EEH" which, by the time the hootin-hollerer gets to, it sounds like the poor fool's gone hoarse!

Weeeeeell, ya get down the fiddle and ya get down tha' bow
Kick off ya shoes andya throw'em on da flo'
Dance in duh kitchen til the mornin' light
Loo-see-anna Saturday night

:)

JenLo said...

I'm with ya, Girl! Fried catfish all the way!

Phat Girl said...

Since I'm a Cajun Girl, if you need any recipes let me know! Tonight, I actually cooked dirty rice!

Patriot Girl said...

That is J's favorite food. During this season we go about every other week because he loves it so much. He is even planning a trip for us to go to Louisana to go to the HUGE crawfish resturant that he loves and grew up eating.

Anonymous said...

I love crawfish, and fried catfish too. Glad you had fun
:)

Mommy Spice said...

We were recently at that restaurant celebrating our neices 30th birthday...will post soon. We didn't get crawfish though. D.S. actually likes it, but not me!!! I love Panda Girl's hair. I can't get S.G.'s hair up like that any more because it's gotten too long. It looks adorable on P.G.

Cindy Cates said...

I had a student bring a crawfish to school today that she caught last night. Doesn't look so yummy now :)
Also wanted to say Hi and let you know that I am so glad you stayed "public". I linked to you through Stephanie Mackey (who I went to BU with) originally and have been enjoying for awhile. My husband and I are the in adoption process - LID 1/29/08 - from China. I have really enjoyed your beautiful words and fun, fun pics. Thanks for sharing your life and making me smile!

elizabeth said...

Pappadeax is one of our FAVORITE restaurants! We eat there half the time we are in Dallas. Best key lime pie around!

Terri said...

Looked like you had fun even though it was messy!

Got some of the pics up if you want to drop by and see them.

Love ya!

Nikki said...

Now, that looks like some good Southern fun! Yum!
Does PG eat the spicy stuff too???

Steffie B. said...

Look fabulous.....couldn't find your email so the camera that I got....The Olympus E-510 It comes with two lenses which I thought was a bonus....Denise from Tcuked Inside My Heart just bought one as well and I think she is pleased! I edit through Picasa...free upload...(bonus) ;) However I did go out and buy one more lens which gives me the extra extra blurry look....it's more of a portrait lens.....but...I think you would be happy starting off with the camera and the two lenses it comes with.

Email me if you have any more questions! ;)

Hugs....
S*

Abby said...

The crawfish looked good, but I refuse to eat that stuff ever since I went to my first crawfish boil. I saw a poor little crawdad running for his life. Besides I prefer my meat to have the head cut off already. :)

And I'm waving hi to K if she reads the comments. HI K!!!!

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

oh my gosh! Eieh-Yeee, snat da boudan ya go!
Now you blog about THIS!!!!??? First the Bluebonnets now them thar delicacies! Talk about miss-in' home! No catfish here and crawdads-dang.... If a pigs not attached to it- they don't cook it- so thats what we have come to learn in the Carolina's!

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Everytime we try to go to Pappadeux's the wait is about five hours...Maybe one day we'll get to eat there again...

Looks like you had a good ole time!