The response to me making this blog private has overwhelmed me!! Apparently, my words, pictures and honesty have impacted quite a few people. Who knew? Not me, that's for sure. There is only a certain amount of email addresses that you can put into Blogger as those "invited" to read a blog. I was closing in quickly on that number with more to go. Bless you. That's what I want to say. Bless you for caring so much about me and my family.
I chose to post that I was going private on Tuesday because that morning a friend told me that everytime she turned around at our church she was hearing of my blog or about me and wasn't sure if it was all positive. Whether or not there was any validity to that, I don't know. I trust this person, but don't know how accurate her assumptions were. However, it got me thinking that if someone didn't like something I posted or misinterpreted the written word on here it could have negative ramifications towards PandaPop's name and reputation as a minister at our church. I did NOT want any kind of negative reflection put on our church or my husband over a silly blog. It made me angry to think that someone would turn my fun thing into an "un-fun" thing. I immediately went home and posted the news that I was going private. Little did I know the response I would get to that decision. One bloggy friend wrote to me in an email that though she understood why I was doing it, she felt sad for the "lurkers" who saw Jesus in a positive light or were encouraged through my blog and by my going private that line of ministry was shut down. Wow. Never thought of it that way.
I just heard a testimony from a pastor who asked the question, "Who are you going to greet into heaven?" This coming from the perspective that you are in heaven and standing at the gate welcoming people whom you personally directed toward Jesus and a saving relationship in Him. That really impacted me. Though I don't think that I am doing anything more through this blog than posting cute pics of PandaGirl, venting here and there, posting an occasional meme and just having fun online, the Lord is using it to minister to SOMEbody. Who am I to stop that flow?
Here comes the wishy-washy part: I am going to keep my blog just the way it...faults and all. If people want to read, then read. If they don't, then they don't have to. I know that so many of you took the time to email me so that you could be added to the list. I cannot express to you how much that moved me. Seriously. I get choked up thinking that other people even CARE! LOL! Know that I really do have a solid side to me and that I am not this crazy of a person to go back and forth all the time. After the "homeschooling/no homeschooling" posts, the "we're adopting/no we're not adopting" posts, the "I'm never eating chocolate again/I breathe chocolate" posts---this "private blog/nope I'm keeping it the way it is" post seems a bit cheap. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Know that I am here to stay...free and open to whomever chooses to read. Just keep saying nice things---it makes me feel better. ; )

20 comments:
I think wishy-washy fits well on a blog. If you ever get it all figured out, I'll probably not be nearly as interested in reading. :-) Here's the key: Does it honor Christ? You might find this bloggers comments helpful: http://livesayhaiti.blogspot.com/2007/08/todays-outlook.html
(read the middle of the post and follow the links). Keep blogging.
Pastor Jay
You know what? People will judge you, regardless of how your words get out...spoken or written. Just keep everything on the "holy" but remember, you can STILL be human....cause you are!
And you know what else? From one blonde to another...I totally understand! LOL!
See another deleted comment^ anyway. Good for you. That is what the BLOG is all about- stuff, everyday stuff and we love Yours!And about the other-the "reason" ... By now your probably an expert at what goes on and how to handle it.
Do what you do and we will be glad to read about it and stand behind you on it!
Glad you never left us! ;)
I am so glad you are here to stay. You truly are a light in this dark world. God has spoken to me through some of your posts many times. Satan would love more than anything for you to shut this blog down or make it private so that others would not be blessed or encouraged. I am thrilled that you are staying. Love ya!
YAY!!! :)
I don't see it as being wishy-washy. I see it as being REAL. Thanks for that, Panda-Mom!
HipHipHooray, PandaMom is here to stay!
Since I started blogging, I have come to realize not everyone will like what I say, how I say it, or to whom I say it too. I am who I am. People love the blog or hate it.
PandaMom, Try not to let the negative comments get the better of you. You are an amazing Christian who inspires me. If you need protection, direct the negative people toward my blog. I'll get them for you! I promise to be nice! :)
Since you have my contact info., if you need a good laugh or cry, please contact me. Oh, what type of Single's programs do you have at your church? Maybe you could pass my information to all the SINGLE men! Joking! :)
Well, "Ditto" to everyone's comments!! Love you, love you, love you!!
I really like your blog and I was just getting ready to e-mail you when I noticed you aren't setting it to private. I don't think your wishy-washy, life just throws things at us and we really have to evaluate what is best and what isn't.
I'm so happy you decided to keep your blog open. I went through a spell where I felt judged for having a blog. People will twist what they want to twist...but it certainly got to me because I use my blog clearly for fun. I had considerly, like you, to make my blog private, and I couldn't believe the response I got. People came out of the woodwork asking us to stay open. Like you, I got a similar response when a family privately emailed us to let us know that they had made the decision to adopt a special needs orphan and our daughter had a part in that decision. From that time on, I have felt as if my blog is somewhat of a ministry. Whether I inspire, make you laugh, make you think...whatever...I am doing it because I enjoy it and if it changes one person in a positive way, what a blessing that is.
Sorry if my comment is long and broken with horrible grammer...Typing one-handed with a baby on my lap!
Again, I think you're making the right decision and I look forward to many more adventure with you and PG!!!
Warm Blessings!
We adore you just the way you are! You should post Pastor Jay's link on your blog...fabulous! And, after reading about anonymous comments, etc. I spent half an hour reading the Livesay's blog! Awesome!
WOOO-HOOOO!
Girl, you are definitely the sweetest person I have ever "sorta" known! And I love reading your blog, private or not!
Bless you! Don't you know that we are all "wishy-washy" at heart sometimes! All that is to say - "Hey, Pandamom - YOU ARE COMPLETELY NORMAL and we love you JUST THE WAY YOU ARE!"
I don't see it as wishy-washy! You are just passionate about whatever you are doing, even if it does change. The humdrum in me admires that. :-)
So glad. I think I'll keep reading your blog.
No, I won't.
Yes, I will.
No, I won't.
Yes, I will.
Hmmm ... maybe not.
Okay! Okay!
:)~
You crack me up!
Love you - faults and all...just promise to do the same for me, K!?
XO
I love your blog and glad you're not going private too! You've touched me often with your posts! Thank you for being open and honest. :) We need more people like you!
OH my precious friend! You are such a dear...I truly do wish we lived closer...we surely would have so much fun together!!!! You sound so much like me!! As I read this post...I hear myself talking! I too received a not very nice email this week...after forwarding a DEVOTION to some sweet friends...and I too have a lot of these same feelings...like wanting to hide and quit etc....but then I thought about all of you who absolutely bless me to pieces....and how dare this one person try to rob me of this joy! so...I am with you standing shoulder to shoulder....you are dear to me!
Love your sweet heart....and you!!!
Hugs!
Denise
I am glad to see you are staying as an open blog! I enjoy stopping by and reading your words. They are always so honest.
Post a Comment