
My bloggy friendAdele tagged me to do this meme which was originally written for her from a friend of hers. Reading her answers was fun, as well as a few others who were tagged as well. I love how we all do things somewhat the same, but also the differences, too!
How many times a week do you cook and eat out?
Eating together as a family is a vital part of our foundation as a family. Even at PandaGirl's young age, we use it as a time to reflect on our day and talk all through the meal. We don't have many activities that keep us from having dinner together, but PandaPop and I both grew up with family dinner time as something special. However, we LOVE to eat out, too! I try to cook at home 5 or 6 times a week eating out once or twice. Depends on the week and the schedule of events at hand...and if we have $$$ or not! ; )
What is your family's favorite dinner?
We love to fix "Poor Man Fajitas". When PP was in college he and his buddies would make fajitas with ground meat because it was cheap, thus the name "Poor Man". We just brown some ground beef, add a dry mix of fajita seasonings, flour tortillas, sauteed bell peppers and onions, black beans, cheese plus yellow corn tortilla chips & my homemade guacamole. We fight over the guac...even PG! ; )
Do you have a fast and easy recipe that you use frequently?
These are super easy quesadillas:
1 can chicken breast-drained
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 can Rotel-drained
Mix together, heat in microwave for 30-40 seconds, spread on a flour tortilla, top with another tortilla and heat in dry skillet over med-high heat until tortilla is toasted to your liking. I keep the oven on 200 degrees with a foil lined cookie sheet to hold the completed quesadillas while making the others. For PandaGirl I keep a mixture of JUST cheese and chicken and make a 1/2 quesadilla for her since she doesn't like Rotel. I serve the quesadilla cut in triangles with LOTS of guacamole! YUM and EASY!
What kind of snack and drinks do you keep on hand for PandaGirl?
Her favorite is strawberries. I keep Wheat Thins, Triskets, string cheese, chocolate pudding, pretzel sticks, raisins, bananas, peanut butter, Frosted Flakes Gold, mandarin oranges, Granny Smith apples, cinnamon graham sticks, vanilla yogurt, Capri Sun, Apple Juice, hot tea and iced tea to name a few.
How do you break up the house work? When do you get it done?
I don't like this question. I have to be truthful, but my "want to's" and my "reality" are two different things!! I usually do laundry on Tuesday or Wednesday. Sweep and mop when I get around to it. Clean the tubs and toilets when I see a ring. I know...yuck. This is not my forte, but I want it to be! ; ) After reading Adele's post I decided that I need more of a plan so here it is:
Mon/Thu--dust, windows, mirrors, bathrooms
Tue/Fri--change cat litter, mop, fluff couch, laundry on Tue.
Wed--groceries, clean out fridge, vacuum, laundry
Daily--sweep, scoop litter, dishes, all sinks
A lofty goal for me, but I think I can handle this in smaller tasks rather than my current oh-no-I-need-to-clean-the-toothpaste-from-PG's-sink...from-the-other-day. ; )
Do you have any tips for getting it done faster/easier?
No---So if you DO then PLEASE share it with me. I am very creative for a party planner life, but not so good at the cleaning life. LOL!
My home is not trashed or anything, but keeping it clean is an effort for me and does not come naturally.
Do you guys have a bedtime routine for PG?
Yes, we do. After a bath (not always every night...the kid NEEDS some germs to keep up her immune system! LOL!) I get PG all lotioned up (she is now doing it herself---kinda sad for me. sniff, sniff), put on fresh PJs, read books, pray with PandaPop, pile on a million stuffed animals, sing a song or two, kiss-kiss and then nighty-night.
What is a typical day like for you all?
Of course, everyday is different, but a "typical" day starts early (we are all early risers and love it that way!). Breakfast, PG watches some TV, on Mon/Fri we get ready for preschool (she attends and I teach), make lunches, gather needed items, to school until 2:30, come home, play, TV, outside with dogs, get dinner ready, check emails, blog, etc. Dinner is around 5:30 or 6:00, play, bedtime routine.
What kind of staples do you keep stocked in your kitchen?
I keep the basics like sugar, flour, bread, etc., but we always have certain items on hand...peanut butter, Cheerios, Frosted Flakes Gold, Raisin Bran, saltines, all the snacks I listed before, trail mix, fruit, Fiber One granola bars...for ME, lemonade, makings for some dessert, canned veggies, pasta, popcorn, Skinny Cow, Raviolos, Dora Soup, American cheese slices.
How often do you go to the grocery store?
Once a week and sometimes more if we run out of certain items.
Do you have a special day for running errands or is it just when you need to?
Typically Tuesday or Wednesday, but we do whatever, whenever we need it.
Do you and PandaPop share any of the household responsibilities?
He is absolutely the BEST!!! I feel that it is mostly my responsibility to keep the house clean, but he knows that is not my forte so he will always help out with a happy heart. I couldn't ask for a better man!!!
What's your best organization tip?
Put it away immediately after use or it will end up in a pile for a few days...or weeks. ; ) LOL!
What is your favorite cleaner(s)?
Green Works glass & surface cleaner from Clorox, Febreze spray, Lysol spray, Lysol tub cleaner, Lysol or Clorox Lemon scent disinfecting wipes, Lemon scent Pine-Sol, Dawn dish soap, Cascade for dish washer, Arm & Hammer laundry detergent, orange scent Pledge.
How far in advance do you start planning PandaGirl's birthday parties and events?
This is one of my most favorite things in the world to do!!! I LOVE planning a themed party!!! I have thought of PG's themes months in advance and then am on the look-out for decor items or ideas.
Where do you find inspiration for all the fabulous things you do?
I use other people's ideas and expand on them or just my own personal style. I usually don't come up with an original idea, but I can REALLY add my own touches and make it great...in my eyes! ; ) I have used books. For example I, too like Adele planned an event around the book Pinkalicious. For PandaGirl's "Gotcha Day" celebration just with us three at home I did a whole party around the pink cupcakes from the book. One time my best friend and I planned a grown up tea party from a cute piece of scrapbook paper that we bought and wanted a page to "scrap" with it!!! HA!
How do you keep track of all of your events/to do?
I have my DARLING Gooseberry Patch wall calenar in the kitchen (which I love all the cute drawings!) where I mark down our menus for the week and all our events. I also keep a spiral size monthly calendar in a "catch-all" notebook that I keep with several pockets for different areas in which I am involved.
Consider yourself "tagged" if you are reading this! Let me know if you do it too so I can come check other moms! ; )

7 comments:
Very cool! I have enjoyed this meme a lot...
you and I have the same view on housework - UGH.
I've never heard of Frosted Flakes Gold, but I'm intrigued.
Have a great week, my friend!
How fun!!! I need help with getting the house work done but have huge goals of making a difference this year!!!
Wow, this is long! but I am just bored enough to do it! It may look alot like your though- hahahaha
Never mind... I still don't have computer access at my house due to digging in the streets! I can't cut and paste from the comp. I am using! blahhhhh. So I guess I won't do this one!
you might like flylady.net for your housecleaning. It helped me get my act together!
I've never done one of these but thought this one was fun and good info to see what others say!
OH thank you SO MUCH for doing this MEME. I totally enjoyed all of your answers and learning more about you. I wish we lived closer to each other. I KNOW we would be great friends. I just know it!
Have a wonderful week my friend!
Post a Comment