Monday, March 26, 2007

Mom's Night Out!!!




Last Thursday my playgroup moms and I all went out WITHOUT OUR GIRLS to enjoy a fun evening without any CHICKEN STRIPS and no LIDS on our cups...LOL!!! We adore our sweet little White Swans, but the mommies have become such good friends, meeting every Monday for playgroup for two years, that we wanted some grown-up time together without having to constantly keep an eye out for one of the girls. I am so blessed by the bond that we share. We each have a daughter adopted from China. I laugh at the fact that every time we get together we somehow manage to have more adoption things or China things to discuss. We all can connect because of the experience of going through all the junk to actually GET to China and then we basically all had to go through the same exact thing at the same places to complete the adoption in China. PandaPop and I traveled with a whole group of families who all live up north or on the east coast. We keep up through a Yahoo! account, but the likelihood of ever meeting with them is slim. Those girls were my baby's cribmates and first friends. The playgroup now are going to be her memories. I am more than blessed by this group of women and their daughters. You can check out each of their blogs listed under "The White Swans". That is the name of a famous hotel in China where all adoptive families either stay or get their baby's picture taken on a velvety red couch just for tradition sake. We will have to make our little night out a tradition at four times a year. What do ya think, girls?


8 comments:

JenLo said...

Love those moms nights out! Nothing is like connecting with other 'girls' that you have so much in common with. It's what keeps you going!

Much Ado said...

Looks like you all had a great time together, it must be wonderful to have a group like that!

Speaking of all the junk you go through to get to China, when I read your post I read "no L.I.D'S" on our cups and for ages I was thinking "why would they put their Log in date on their cup??? Then, I realized....oh, she means lids!!!

Yes, another real blonde moment for me! :)

Mommy Spice said...

We had such a great time, and we definatley need to do it at least once a quarter!!

Thanks for the pics today. They turned out sooo cute.

Team Mom said...

Look in the pics. We are all wearing glasses! Another thing we all have in common, bad eyes! "L" said she had "Way Fun Today". I thought that was cute!

Nikki said...

I already told Spicy Mom that I am jealous!
You girls are too cute!
Keep the girls' nights out comin'!

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

Very kool MNO!
Hey BTW, Was it cheaper to make that cutie outfit or just the same to buy it?

Steffie B. said...

How wonderful for you to have this group. Mom's need time too! I say "Good for you, Panda Mom". ;)

Amanda said...

What a sweet fellowship! God is so good to give us girlfriends for the journey.