Friday, March 23, 2007

I'm Sew Domestic!

Mama Darling is an amazing seamstress and helped me make a cutie-patootie outfit for PandaGirl. It was fun! I have sewn before, but was a little rusty on the pattern part. I have two other really cute materials to make more outfits. It took a long time to do this, but the result was worth it. In our world so full of FAST-FAST-FAST it was nice to slow down and make something from scratch. Thanks MD!





16 comments:

Phat Girl said...

Great Job! I can barely sew on a button! I'm very impressed. Have a Blessed Weekend! TGIF!

Mama Darling said...

You're welcome. I really enjoyed having you over to sew. You did a great job and the girls played together so well.
I think the next two outfits will go much faster....I have a plan. Let me know when you want to get together again.

Mommy Spice said...

Sewwwww cute!! I have never had the patience for sewing.

I'll post our night out pics tomorrow.

Much Ado said...

Wow, I am amazed at your talents! This is so cute....another person who can barely sew on a button. Had to laugh at your title! :) Sew funny!!!

redmaryjanes said...

Wow! That is darling and very in-style right now! I can't sew at all...sure wish I could.

JenLo said...

Wow, I'm Impressed! I want to learn to sew when I grow up. Buttons are about all I can do!

Beckyb said...

Wow - yes you are SEW domestic - I don't even know how to thread the machine that my mom gave me - I love the outfit!!!

Becky said...

I used to sew a bit before children - your post has inspired me to dig out my machine, dust it off, and get to work! What a cute outfit!

kitchu said...

I just learned (at 38,now 39) how to sew a button on my shirt. THAT is some impressive work- and totally cute.

Gloria said...

WHOA!!!!!

GREAT JOB!!! (big smile here)

I am SEW proud of you and to think.... the darling little outfit is SEW cute on the Princess Bell-a-Cinderella...haha

Perfect color, perfect CHIC styling'...and perfect fun to see you doing such a 'SUSIE Homemaker'project. Woweee. neat.

Wouldn't Donna McK. be THRILLED to piece to see this blog and your project!!! Keep up the good work, that's mighty cute!

Nikki said...

I am totally impressed...I am craft challenged.
The outfit is adorable. I love the back!
Great job...I look forward to seeing more creations.

Mardi said...

How adorable!! I love the tie-back.
Good work!! :) It does feel good to slow down doesn't it.

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed!! I had no idea that you knew how to sew. I love sewing. I wish I had more time. I just finished sewing 4 baseball banners. Can't wait to see what you do next. If you would like I can go through some of my old patterns and see what I have. I gave some to Jennifer Phillips a long time ago.

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Wow that is one cute outfit...and such a cutie wearing it too!

Sheryl said...

I'm impressed! Way to go! It's super cute!

Kim said...

That is adorable! Great job! You are very talented!

Kim