Monday, April 02, 2007

Memory Lane Monday #3-Chi Alpha (XA)

XA 2007
XA 2005

This weekend we led our Preteen Retreat called XA. That is Greek symbols for Chi (pronounced "Kye") and Alpha, meaning Christ First. Two years ago was the first one PandaPop put together for this group. Last year we did not do one so as you can see in the family pic PandaGirl has grown a bit between the two shots. As corny as this may sound I had always dreamed about having my little one dress up like us in matching t-shirts for whatever event we were doing in ministry. Any new readers will learn that we went through over 8 years of infertility issues. I would attend event after event where I'd be in contact with other minister's wives who were cute and pregnant or had their own little ones to dress up like the grown-ups and would long for the day that I could do that, too. When our time arrived I was THRILLED with being able to dress PG in the same shirts we had. PP had it made special just for her size. LOVE IT! Now, two years later she is cute as ever and totally enjoyed actually ATTENDING the retreat this time. Of course, she thought that she was BIG like the older kids. We had a great time and I always love watching PandaPop do his thing and let God work through him while teaching and discipling the students. Makes me love him even deeper.

Sidenote: I am fully aware that it's NOT all about me, but...I told PP to NEVER order this yellow color EVER AGAIN for shirts!!! This color yellow makes my light blonde hair and very fair skin look sick and putrid! YUCK! Maybe the next ones can be RED!
Our traditional-every-time-we-have-the-camera-self-portraits!
PG having a little fun on the bar.
PandaPop teaching the students from the Bible.
Watching "Everyone's Hero" until midnight!

8 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

That is an outstanding project. Our church is really struggling right now. Our older youth all graduated last year and so now we really don't have a high school youth group.

Ashley said...

Great job, PandaPop. I love the orange shirts from '05.

Nikki said...

Good times!
I especially love the very last pic...such sweet family times.

Mommy Spice said...

That looks like fun. I don't think we've had matching t-shirts yet. We always have a Kidsfest t-shirt, but S.G. is always dressed up in costume. Hmmm, we'll have to figure something cute like that out.

GloryandGrace said...

1) Tell PandaPop either RED or ROYAL BLUE!

2) PandaPop sitting on the floor surrounded by pre-teens...the nostalgia takes me back and makes me a little teary-eyed.

3) I still have this picture of you and me at Super Summer - my hair is in LONG braids, and I'm beat red like Bob the Tomato - and yet, it's still one of my favorite pictures of us.

I love you,
from your soon-to-be-25-year-old (what?!?!??!)

Mardi said...

Too cool! I love the picture of pandapop leading bible study. What a great example you are setting for little pandagirl!

Sheryl said...

Sounds like an awesome time! What a beautiful family you make!

Much Ado said...

This post really touched my heart, as I can relate a lot (well, so far with the before part! if that makes sense). I wanted to send you an email but I can't find a way to do it, I have my email address in my profile - could you email me? I just wanted to ask you a few adoption related stuff. Thanks.