Thursday, April 12, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #12-Reality




This Thursday Thirteen is a bit different than my usual posts with so many cute pictures. This is more about the real me. The wretched, depraved, saved only by the loving grace of God's Son, Jesus....me. I go looking at ALOT of blogs. What is the thing that's caught on like wildfire? Something to ponder. Do all these people I "visit" really have lives which reflect on the blog? If so, then I am a LOSER compared to them. Hold on a minute. I saw this cute family on my own blog who were enjoying a baseball game and, DANG, they were sooo cute! They totally looked like THEY had it aaaaaalllllll together. Yeeeeees sir. Wait. That was a picture of US! Now, WE don't "have it all together." Then I started thinking about all the pictures I post. We are a pretty cute little family, yes-sir-ee. Too bad I don't post anything about our problems. Other people have problems, too. Don't they? Somebody please tell me that other people have problems, too. Certainly my family isn't the only one with morning breath. I read some blogs that have a wonderful picture posted on someone's profile, they seem to have LOTS and LOTS of knowledge for the rest of us by which to model our lives and some even have special awards for being Queen Blogger. WHAT? How did this simple cyber space turn into a superlatives contest (you know...most popular, best dressed, most likely to succeed) like high school? I WAS voted MANY of those things in high school, but that was THEN! Now life is more complicated than a little square graphic defining who I am for the blog world to see. I really crack up when someone's blog is filled with all the little "I Stand For This Thing" boxes. Sorry if yours if one of those. I don't REALLY know you and I certainly don't want to sound offensive to you. I can be just as guilty. Heck, I PAID for someone to make my blog all cutesie. I have just been wrestling in my spirit lately with what is being projected on my blog, other's blogs and then what the reality truly is. Some blogs that I frequent really shove their theological views as if they are THE only ones with the answers (no one is forcing me to visit them!LOL). Very prideful and arrogant. Maybe I come across that way, too. YIKES! I don't want to appear prideful and having it all together. I just want a simple blog that I can continue to "meet" other people. If you are a frequent visitor to this blog....thank you. It is fun to see that people have visited. It's like an online scrapbook. I think it is fun and I have "met" some neat people. Connected with other families with daughters from China, other minister's wives and even people on the other side of the world. This blog is going to remain simple. Here are a few things to remind anyone who cares that no matter what cute and fun pictures I post.....the reality is that I am a real human with faults and am grateful for God's new mercy every morning.


1. I'm a piler. Yep. I stack things in little piles and then move the piles to another room to feel as though I've actually cleaned up a bit.
2. I wear fake nails.
3. I just about have panic attacks when riding in the car with someone else, because I think they don't pay attention as well as I would.....talk about arrogance!
4. I eat too much junk food and then whine about needing to lose weight.
5. I could care less if dirty dishes are in my sink overnight. They will still be there in the morning.
6. My least favorite chores are dusting and mopping. They don't get done much.
7. My cat decides it is time to poop in his litter box just about every time we sit down to eat so we get that lovely aroma along with our food.
8. I get enraged at clueless, oblivious, careless, stupid, selfish drivers who put other people in danger on the road.
9. I would rather have a kid-snack any day over a vegetable.
10. I stink at math.
11. I roll my eyes in disgust at alot of things that get on my nerves. I really am working on this one, because it is revealing a critical spirit that I have and don't want anymore!!
12. My precious daughter has bitten her nails down so far that they really don't exist.
13. I have lovely hard callouses on both of my big toes. I know that's gross, but it is just a reminder that I am real.

"Therefore, there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life has set me free from the law of sin and death." Romans 8:1-2

19 comments:

Steffie B. said...

I can relate to so many of your answers. Especially the cat box! lol Or...dishes in the sink...and I've paid for blog make overs too. Basically because I am NOT a techno smarty pants.....and I have a life that I am thankful for with many wonderful days and NOT so many wonderful days! My blog is for fun and to stay in touch with my travel mates and to meet families kinda like mine....simple. Have a great day Panda Mom! ;)

GloryandGrace said...

"Oh, to see my name
Written in the wounds,
For through Your suffering I am free.
Death is crushed to death;
Life is mine to live,
Won through Your selfless love.
CHORUS:
This, the pow'r of the cross:
Son of God—slain for us.
What a love! What a cost!
We stand forgiven at the cross."

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on #5!

Phat Girl said...

I love this post! Thanks for sharing.

GloryandGrace said...

Thank you, precious panda, for helping me with the whole YouTube thing. Take a look when you get a chance~ XOXO

Elise said...

I love that you shared that you're real....it makes me like you even more! I could relate to most things on your list:)

Love the cute family at the B-Ball game!

Emmie said...

I am soo with you on #4! Ugh...one of my worst habbits lately!

Holly said...

I read your comment on Amanda's blog and wanted to say...then we are goobers with you 'cause we love everything Star Trek! It is also a very dear memory to my husband, who used to watch it with his brother (who died in 1992).

I also enjoy What about Bob, so much! It makes me laugh just thinking about it (I love how Bob is!).

Blessings on you day!
Holly

Sheryl said...

You know, I battle the same thoughts about my blog. In fact, on Easter I posted about some serious pain that I've had in my life and how Jesus has rescued me out of a horrible thing. Then my mom called me crying and I took it down.

You have toe callouses and I have cracked heals. So, we wear shoes and no one is the wiser! Good thing our husbands think we're still hot!!

Mary said...

Hmmm

Very interesting and thought provoking post.

Steffie B. said...

You know.....I come to your blog for a spiritual uplift....and I know that you are "for real". That's why I asked for your prayers when I was freaking out about my 171 not coming.....I knew you would!

Mommy Spice said...

Your so real and I love that about you.

I am a piler too. And, I move piles to other rooms to look as though I've "picked up". Another thing we have in common.

Love you!!

redmaryjanes said...

I think that we all feel just as you do. I know we are not the perfect family. I have never won any blog awards. I do try to be myself but I don't post about snoring or booger eating. Maybe I should one day, just lay the funk all out there. I'm proud of you for doing it. I come to your blog every day because I like you and nothing changed when I read about your toes. Hope you like me too. At least as much as you can like someone through their words.

Nikki said...

Great post!
I love blogging, but I do feel a bit guarded at times in my ability to be open about the less than perfect aspects of my life.
I don't want a bunch of "hang in there" comments...of course I'm gonna hang in there! Right?
And, as far as "Blog Queen" -- I have never heard of such a thing. ugh.
I loved your list and am so with you on the calloused toes! (Comes with years of waitressing I guess.)
Talk at ya later!
Love your blog!

Anonymous said...

What an interesting list! And I so agree with you about popularity contest with blogging. I started this to keep my family updated, then I started making friends and that was great, but am so much more proud of my 8 regular comments during the week then those larger numbers during memes because those are the people who really understand and love me.

I enjoy your blog and appreciate your insights. I'm grateful that you are not one of the "preaching" blogs. I learn much better when approached with your style. (Plus Panda Girl is TOO CUTE!)

Mama Darling said...

What?? You're not perfect??? Now that you've shared these things with me I can't hang out with you anymore....Just kidding. I'm thrilled that you leave dirty dishes in the sink. Now, I don't feel so bad about it, myself. Of course, I enjoy your blog and I LOVE the way you share Christ with others on it. I just enjoy being your friend...even if you do stink at math. You have callouses on your toes?????? Oh my!

GloryandGrace said...

As far as the YouTube video goes, I don't know what church that was in the clip~

Jinglebritches said...

I was worried about coming down to visit because I was afraid I might dirty up your place....NOT!!! We did practically live together for 2 weeks in China!!! You are one of the most REAL paople I know!!
Love ya

Kim said...

Cute blog! I enjoyed reading. Hope you don't think mine is too stuffy, come visit sometime. I really enjoyed seeing the bluebonnets - miss them terribly!