Monday, April 16, 2007

Memory Lane Monday #5-It's Official





As of yesterday it became official that we are moving on to a new chapter in the Panda Family's life. We announced to our church family that the Lord has told us to move on to new ground and start a new work for His glory. For the past three years PandaPop has been the Preschool and Children's Minister at a Southern Baptist Church. We have fallen in love with the people here. Learned how to become parents while here. Helped form our most amazing White Swans playgroup of Chinese girls. Watched our baby go from complete shock of entering her new world, new language, new smells, new looking kinds of people, new sounds to a little girl who asked, "But what about our old friends? We will miss them!" as I was explaining why and when we were moving.

As we are so excited to begin our new adventure, it is soooo bittersweet to leave people with whom we have developed relationships. For those of you reading right now from HRBC....you KNOW that you are dearly loved!!!! You all have been huge blessings to us!

PandaPop has accepted the position of Children's Pastor at a large Southern Baptist Church about 50 miles north of where we currently serve. That is not too far for occasional visits! Yea!! The huge tear-jerker and killer for me is leaving my adoring playgroup. God's hand put us together one by one and connected us through these amazing little daughters from China. We moms probably would never have met if not for our girls. What a missed blessing that would have been for all of us. We have truly made a life-time bond. Thank you, Lord. I think I am going to try to make our Monday Playgroup at least once a month so PandaGirl can continue to grow with memories of her "sisters".

The pictures above are from three years ago when we came for our official introduction to our current church. PG had been with us for ONE month! The little toot was in the hotel room bathroom just quietly giggling and we walked around the corner to find that she had taken ALL the tissues out of the box on the side of the counter and was on to the toilet paper!!! She was soooooo adorable! The bottom pic was the night in the hotel at our new church's introduction to the congregation. She was totally comfortable sipping on a chocolate malt and talking about her "new church, friends, and home".

It's the life of a minister. We don't want to move alot, but it's part of the "sign-up plan", if you will. We have wanted to put roots down at each place we have served, but it just was never the right time. Hopefully, this new church is going to be our "family" for a long time. We want PandaGirl to grow up in one area and not move around alot. She already has had enough change in her little life already. She needs stability. We have used this change as one more opportunity to show PG God's love for us and how His ultimate plan is for our good even when we don't understand the changes. We can trust His heart.

The next two weeks will be filled with lots of packing, emotions and busyness. Please keep us in your prayers as we transition to a new chapter in our life. Thanks!


15 comments:

Polly said...

I'm so happy/sad for your family! Totally understand the moving and restarting part of ministry! The church we are serving in now is our longest tenure...7 years. I'm always looking over my shoulder wondering...okay, is it time to move because I'm so accustomed to moving every 3 or 4 years! Then you start thinking about the people...it's not the moving...it's the people! I will miss seeing you when we come "home" but I can't wait to see what God is going to do with your family in a new place! Keep blogging! michele

Phat Girl said...

Congrats on following God's plan. He is our Provider! He will take care of the PandaFamily. God has a Great Plan for your family! Praise God for a new beginning. I will pray for the Panda Family as they move & settle down. Hugs!

JenLo said...

It's always so exciting to see where God moves us around! Congrats!

Glorious Expressions said...

OUR PRAYERS...WITH BLESSINGS...VIA

HIS POWER AND PROVIDENCE...FOR

YOUR JOY, PROTECTION AND SUCCESS!!!

XXXXXOOOOO

GloryandGrace said...

Mmm, this entry got me a little teary-eyed. There is an old hymn called "Soldiers of Christ" that we frequently sing, and it's actually been adopted as Southern's official song. One of the lines reads:

"We meet to part, but part to meet
When earthly labors are complete,
To join in yet more blest employ,
In an eternal world of joy."

It truly is bittersweet, but what overwhelming hope and encouragement we have in what's to come!

P.S. I went ahead and deleted that most recent entry on my blog.

GloryandGrace said...

P.S.S. (P.P.S.??)

There was a chorus added to that hymn that goes like this:

"Lord, let our hearts from this world be weaned, we seek a city that cannot be seen. And help us lay down all earthly gain, to labor for truth to spread Your name!"

ohAmanda said...

my dh and i have been children's pastors at 2 different churches. It is so sad to move on to somewhere new and leave all those kids and families behind. I'm praying it's a wonderful easy move to your happily ever after!

Mommy Spice said...

Sniff, sniff, sniffle, snif....but I totally understand. I'm excited to see what new plans God has in store for your family. I am going to hold you to the once a month thing though.

redmaryjanes said...

It is always sad to close a chapter in your life, but exciting to open a new one. You are such a gentle soul, you will meet new friends quickly and establish a great new home.

Steffie B. said...

It is wonderful to see you and your family serving the Lord. I'm sure you will be missed but what an exciting adventure to bring children to Christ!

Of coarse the TP picture was a classic. Gotta love it!

Anonymous said...

O.K., this made me cry! I can remember when yall left our church and how sad, but happy I was for yall! I know that this will be a harder move because of PG and all the White Swans! At least you will be able to get together once a month! God is Good!!!!

Nikki said...

I can only imagine all of the emotions you must be feeling right now...heck, I cried reading your post and we have never even met!
But, if God is saying GO, then you best get goin'!
I'll keep your family in my prayers and look forward to following along on this exciting new journey with you!

Stephanie said...

I completely understand. We will be praying that your move will be an easy transition. Where are you guys headed? Keep us posted on your move.

Much Ado said...

You know you are all in my prayers, especially with the move and everything. hope to email you today! :)

Sheryl said...

I'm right there with ya! I'll be praying for you!