John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." --Jesus Christ
What's somewhat strange about this is that Columbine occurred on J. Monk's birthday back in 1999 and then this occurred on my birthday yesterday...
I have a friend here who, although she doesn't currently have connections with anyone at VTU, is struggling since she's from Virginia and knows people who attended there when we were all in college...
Thank goodness that is so true! Our ring bearer and his brother both attend, and the bro was in the engineering building about 40 yards away from the shooting. He saw 2 students shot. Heartbreaking.
This is so horrible. Wow, Fox News put that out there?? How appropriate. This is so sad, all the people that will once again be affected by such horror and trauma of a school shooting(s)- Hopefully and prayerfully there will be alot of people that truly figure out the "in me" part of John 16:33
I am just heartbroken and afraid over this. There is no security whatsoever in my childrens schools. I walk in and out freely and do not think twice about it. Now that freedom that I have enjoyed makes me feel nervous about who else can walk in and out of there. This world is becoming a frightening place. Thank goodness I face it with God beside me.
Daughter of the King of kings.
Wife of PandaPop.
Mom of PandaGirl & PandaJoy.
Owner of PandaKitty & DeafDoggie.
Photographer.
Jeep owner and lover.
Friend of many.
Transformed.
Untangled.
6 comments:
What's somewhat strange about this is that Columbine occurred on J. Monk's birthday back in 1999 and then this occurred on my birthday yesterday...
I have a friend here who, although she doesn't currently have connections with anyone at VTU, is struggling since she's from Virginia and knows people who attended there when we were all in college...
Thank goodness that is so true! Our ring bearer and his brother both attend, and the bro was in the engineering building about 40 yards away from the shooting. He saw 2 students shot. Heartbreaking.
This is so horrible.
Wow, Fox News put that out there??
How appropriate. This is so sad, all the people that will once again be affected by such horror and trauma of a school shooting(s)- Hopefully and prayerfully there will be alot of people that truly figure out the "in me" part of John 16:33
I am just heartbroken and afraid over this. There is no security whatsoever in my childrens schools. I walk in and out freely and do not think twice about it. Now that freedom that I have enjoyed makes me feel nervous about who else can walk in and out of there.
This world is becoming a frightening place. Thank goodness I face it with God beside me.
I don't even know what to say...
I just shake my head in disbelief and ask why?
Post a Comment