Today was our "last" day for coming to playgroup on Mondays. We are moving this Friday and won't be able to make the Monday Playgroup every week. My goal is to shoot for making it once a month since we are moving almost an hour north of the group. My heart breaks over this. We have moved churches before, but this group of moms and daughters met a need in mine and PandaGirl's life that is matched by nothing else. For two years we moms have watched our Chinese daughters grow from toddlers in diapers to beautiful princess girls who play VERY well together. The girls have a bond like I have never seen among ANY other children. God put this group together by the grace of His hand. Though my heart breaks over PG not being able to grow up with these girls on the same weekly basis that we have had, I cherish the blessing of the time we HAVE had. I will forever hold all the sweet memories dear to my heart. The dynamic of the group is just about to change anyway.
Mama Darling is in the next batch of referrals to get daughter #2, followed by Ski Instructor sometime this summer or fall and then MommySpice just put in paperwork for #2 as well. The White Swans changed today. Now we must purpose to make new memories together. The moms gave me a sweet "Friends" frame which I will, of course, put a picture of all of us in it. Thanks, y'all for blessing mine and PG's hearts! (PS...Sweet blog readers, please keep Team Mom in your prayers as she is recovering from extensive mouth surgery.)

13 comments:
I'm going to have to start preparing myself emotionally to come to your blog!!! I am tearing up here and yesterday's post almost brought me to tears too!! :) What a bittersweet time for you, remembering the good times and having to say goodbye.
I'm going to miss those little girls too, I love seeing them on your blog. You have shown me the importance of having a play group for my daughter when she comes.
Random thing I just found out and thought you might think was kind of fun - my girl Gretchen has the same birthday as PandaPop!
I am so thankful for that day in JC Penney's when I noticed you jumping up and down while pointing at me and elbowing SpicyMom! We have become good friends and our daughters have been so blessed. Don't be surprised when we all show up on your doorsteps for a visit!
What a blessing you are to me & to Cheerleader. We have beome such good friends over the past 2 yrs. You are not moving that far away, the internet is just a click away! Our girls have gone from playing by themselves while we talk, to a loving group of sisters who really enjoy each other. It is going to be fun watching them grow with each other with PG as their "leader"! And you never know, just like Darling Mom said, we just might all show up at your doorstep!
Well, at least we have this wonderful blogging thing so we can keep up with weekly adventures. BTW, have you seen my new blog "do" yet? Come see.
Aww..that would deinitly be tough! I will miss seeing all the beautiful picturs of the girls together! You'll have to eb sure to keep in touch!
HI there! I am new to blogger and my husband and I are about to begin the adoption process! I found your blog through Stef at "Never Too Many"
I am just looking for others who have went through the process and just to become blogger buddies with!
Thanks!
-Olivia
Oh, how sad! I didn't know you guys were moving!!! What a sweet group of friends! I'm sure you will be missed, also!
What cute pictures!
Kim
Good luck on your move....we will be waiting to see new pictures and hear how you are doing!
What cuties! Found your blog on a link. Very nice!
Well, I am like Jane. Guess I am going to have to get a box of tissues and place them on my computer desk. (wet smiles)
Precious blog, photos...and each 'tugs on the heart strings'.
It all just reminds me of the old saying: TOMORROW is a mystery.
YESTERDAY history..(a treasure) but Wow... TODAY is called the PRESENT... because it's HIS gift to us. (the greatest blessing of all--we're alive and enjoying it)
T...HIS is HIS moment to watch your emotions as He smiles down in Joy & blessings. (so, wrap that joy around yourselves and smile back to Him) Bathe n it.
Beautiful writing, LadyPanda! Nice tribute to this darling Special Five "WHITE SWANS' from the far East...whom God has blest with LOVE, protection, opportunity, wisdom, wit and darling personalities as beautiful "Little Charmers! Sooo Cute!!!!! Forever His.
It has been a blessing for us as well to see all the cutie-pies together, but I know that God has big plans for your family, and I look forward to seeing what lies ahead.
And, like the cookie says, you will all be friends forever!
Post a Comment