Thursday, October 04, 2007

Tea Time '07




PandaGirl's 5th birthday is on this Saturday. When she was three I started a tradition of taking her to a tea room for her birthday and picking out a tea cup for a collection. You can read about it all HERE. Today's tearoom didn't have any tea cups for sale so we are looking for one on Saturday.

This year our special guest was Daddy. He had jokingly (with some serious tones, too!) said he was sad that it was a "girly" event and that he'd never get to go. Since PG and I are ones to want to make PandaPop smile we decided that this year's special guest just HAD to be him! If you look closely you can see him decked out in a hat that was supposed to be for PG! ; )

Something's gotta give with this mop on my head! Scissors, please.

I love that PandaPop is the BEST Daddy in the whole wide world!

This girl LOVES to "fix" her tea and drinks it with the best of 'em! Today's was orange spice black tea with a splash of cream.

It was PG's idea to bring "Baby" all dressed in her Chinese outfit to match "Mommy" (her) and she brought along a tea cup and saucer for Baby, too!!!

PG's darling display of food served on a special "Birthday Princess" plate along with the "pearls" and a small glass slipper for keeps.

PandaPop and I had the Sampler which was AMAZING and tons of it! We were going to order cake for dessert, but opted out because our plates had SO much yummy food to enjoy! He drank Earl Grey hot tea and I had iced Mango Peach. (Can you tell I LOVE~LOVE~LOVE tea rooms!???)

PG's cutest dessert ever served with a golden spoon, of course.

Ahhh. My two loves. What a blessing of a memory. Scrapbook, here I come!

15 comments:

Mommy Spice said...

Has it already been a year? Looks like you found a yummy tea room. Panda Pop looks as though he really enjoyed being that special guest. Love the hat! LOL!! I hope we can make the birthday party!!

Rmomof3 said...

Looks like sooo much fun! What a precious time and I think pandapop is a pretty good sport!

Mama Darling said...

I can't believe we'll be celebrating her 5th b-day Sat. She's growing up way too fast! Looks like everyone had a great time at the tea room and the purple dress is beautiful on PG. Hope to see you Sat.

Jinglebritches said...

Happy Happy Birthday to PandaGirl!! With lots of love from TootyFruity. PandaMom can I come live with you for a while?? ;o} Tell PandaPop that the hat is totally him!!!

Jinglebritches said...

i love you pg!! from your friend toot. happy birthday. your dad is silly.

Cammie said...

How precious is that?

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

How sweet! Love the tea room idea!
And your hair is adorable-
I do think you should sport whatever makes you feel great and thats what counts! Why do I forget her birthday is in between J & E's?!

RamblingMother said...

Very cute and very special.

Beverly

Phat Girl said...

Happy Birthday PandaGirl! I love that tea room....I was just in it 2 weeks ago! It's a small world!

Shh...PandaGirl, I hope you have a blessed Birthday filled with lots of cake & ice cream.

Beckyb said...

Oh how I wish we had a place like that - that is SO fun - what a special treat!!

Anonymous said...

How amazingly sweet!! Now where do you find tea rooms?

Steffie B. said...

Too cute.....you both looked stunning in your purple! DO NOT cut your hair! lol

Abby said...

Looks like y'all had a blast! I love the hat PP was wearing. Very becoming on him! And I love your hair!

Kim said...

Oh how fun! I guess I should have read won before posting my question!

I love the tea cup tradition and we love tea parties,too! Everything looks so beautiful and yummy!!!

Loraena Tuttle said...

Mmmmm... I love high tea. Just looking at these makes me hungry.

I love her doll! Where did you find it??