PandaGirl has loved HORSES since she was little bitty and since we've already had a Winnie the Pooh party, a Miss Patty-Cake party and the Princess party it only seemed right to have a HORSE party! This was so fun to decorate for especially being from Texas. If you aren't a Texan then you probably have no idea how we think. We are a bit fanatical about our Lone Star State. We proudly wave our red, white and blue flag with it's beautiful white star. Hence, the reason for those colors for the party. It's a given. I have no idea what ANY other state's flag even looks like, but here in TEXAS it's just a part of everyday life as is the whole western look. No, we don't all dress like cowboys but there is a claim to all things "cowboy".
PandaGirl had a blast at her party. We had a FREE bounce house which was a huge hit. Then we had lunch, cake, presents, a bit more jumping in the bounce house and WHAM!...it was over. It seemed like all the kids had fun and the grown-ups got a kick out of all the kids having fun. We even got to see TWO of our wonderful old playgroup families! HUGE blessing to us! Thanks guys!!
I have such a blast decorating for a party!!! These red ropers were mine when I was sixteen and totally into George Strait! LOL!
PandaFamily enjoying the day!
I am in love with this ever-so-cute blue speckled bean pot full of Ranch Style Beans (made right here in Texas!). These went along with BBQ brisket sandwiches, little smokies, cheese noodles (PG's favorite!), chips, pickles, onions, sweet tea, lemonade, followed by chocolate horseshoe cake (that I made this morning!) and vanilla ice cream. YUM! Very cowgirl-ish. ; )
The present opening happened so fast and furious with all of PG's friends "helping" her that I missed any great shots of this moment. Pooh.
PandaPop and I had fun buying this awesome horse and carriage for PG's new Barbie dolls and best of all her new MULAN doll PP got off of ebay!!! She is so in love with Mulan now so this was the BEST!
The kiddos went home with a small horse figurine, a red bandanna and this cute little bag full of yummy Trail Mix...good for any cowboy on the trail!
How sad for you if you don't live in or near Texas and have no idea what Blue Bell Ice Cream is. It is made in south Texas and is the best. The kids had cute little individual ones while the grown ups dug into the half gallon for the floats in the next pics.
I'm aware that normally I should have Dr. Pepper to go along with brisket and all the trimmings, but we opted to have A&W Root Beer to make Floats!
Sippin' on a little bit of root-beer float!!!
Grandma and PawPaw came to visit.
So much fun and excitement made this little cowgirl pooped!
Saturday, October 13, 2007
Howdy Y'all! PG's 5th B-day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

17 comments:
I just finished the last of the raisins and almonds out of S.G.'s trail mix. We had so much fun. Wish we could have stayed longer. Check my blog. I added music. LOL. I also got a really cute shot of P.G. and S.G.
Happy Birthday Panda Girl! Just found your blog, Hunan Spice sent me. Love your blog, the header and all are so beautiful. I will be back! ;)
That looks like a ton of fun! You did a wonderful job on the decorations and food. And I love Panda Pops "Cowboy" take. Panda Girl is beautiful!!
We had a great time today at PG's party. We loved the theme and you did a great job with it!! DD and DB had fun, fun, fun! PandaGirl is so sweet and such a blessing to all us. It was great seeing you and your family. Thanks for inviting us.
How adorable! The kids love looking at the blog and said they wished they could be there- awwwwwww... Great pictures and alot of cool stuff! Your right, I would love to snatch up that blue pot!
Well, I'll be...Y'all had one heck of a party!!! I think you need to be a party planner.
Hope it was an extra special day for all of you.
Blessings from San Antone,
Lisa
Happy Birthday beautiful PandaGirl!!
I had to laugh when I saw your red boots. I had red boots also when I was a teenager and totally in love with George Strait. HAHA. I wore them to several of his concerts and thought I was so cool.
You are alot like me. I love throwing a party and I am very detailed like you. Isn't it fun throwing a party for your daughter? I love P.G.'s party theme. Mallory went to a horse birthday party Saturday and I even blogged about it. :)
Happy Birthday PG!
What's the recipe for cheesy noodles?
The State of Texas ought to hire you to recruit!
Yee haw! Looks like a fabulous time...you certainly know how to throw a party!
Happy birthday Panda Girl, or shoudld I say Cowgirl!?
Happy Birhday Panda-girl....yeeehaaa!!!
Love the cake and all th decorations...what fun!
Happy Birthday PG......what a terrific day and what a great Mommy you have! ;)
That is a totally awesome party!
Happy Birthday Panda Girl!
Wow I'm loving this post! I love horses and Texas and bluebell icecream. Hope your birthday was the bestest ever!
You did a great job on her birthday party!!
Post a Comment