
Sorry that it's been so long since a post, but we have been on "vacation" this week. We were supposed to be at Disney World, but it just did not work out for us. We have decided to do Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover instead. We decided to wait on the trip until we can pay cash for it and take both PandaGirl and her little sister-to-come meaning that we will have to wait a few years on ol' M-I-C-K-E-Y. We have PG's birthday party this weekend so I will have great pics of that! Have a great day!

11 comments:
We have close friends who have done this and said it was AWESOME! More power to ya!
(Are you singing the old Petra song, now?)
You GO, Girl! We took that class last January and it TOTALLY changed us! It has been almost a year and it has been something we were able to totally integrate into our life. You are gonna love it! I'm actually a coordinator now...
I love Dave Ramsey.... I use to listen to him everyday on the radio! tell PG i said happy birthday even though it was last week.
Did you get the magnet?
Well, I'm singing the Petra song now....(funderstorm's comment). We'll see ya Saturday.
As a facilitator of Dave's Financial Peace University, I applaud you for your decision to save up for this special trip. It will be oh so much sweeter in the end!
Best wishes as you strive to make changes in your financial future. You won't regret it.
God bless,
Lisa
Smart decision! We didn't take our girls to Disney until my oldest was 8 and youngest was 6. They were old enough to remember their 1st Disney trip but still young enough to take in all the magic of it all!
I am so sorry that Disney is going to have to wait. But, speaking from experience, I am so glad that we were able to pay cash for our whole trip. It made it so much better. You can go and enjoy it and not have to worry about paying for it for the next 10years.
We are working closely with a financial planner right now. Man, it takes a lot of time and work to get yourself moving in the right direction. At least it did for us. It will be worth it in the end though.
I can relate. Good choice! Hang in there, it will feel so much better when you can pay cash and have no debt. We are working on paying everything off and paying off the land and building our dream house! It will be a few years but I can't wait. And I can't wait to invite all of you to come visit!
You know, now that I see the book cover, I think I had that mixed up with Larry Burket- especially if you read the book and wonder what I was talking about with the "envelope system" oops, I knew it was one of them! Then to take you away from your wise descisions.... You know, you can book the Disney in an all inclusive package and get horendous discount for doing so in advance and make monthly payments=)with the travel co. We get videos and letters all the time to do that!
We also work this system and sometimes it pinches, but it is oh so worth it in the end. Right now I am taking care of an infant just so we can go on vacation next spring, but I know when it gets here I will have it all paid off with a little to spare! Hang in there.
Post a Comment