Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A Hairy Decision...


OK~this post is primarily for my personal friend Funderstorm. Here's my hair. It's growing.




I have a question for anyone else who wants to chime in just for kicks. Why do we do this to ourselves? You know the question: cut my hair or let it grow? Most women I talk to would have shorter hair than they sport around, but their HUSBANDS want them to have longer hair. Why? Is it supposed to be sexier than short hair or something? That's the only thing I can think of.

PandaPop likes my hair growing out, but has told me countless times, that he likes it any way I wear it and that it should be MY decision, not his. Thank you, sweet man. I am the one forcing myself into this never-ending pendulum swing.

Just this week I saw a girl at the gym with her darling super short do like I used to wear and I have to say that I almost got the scissors out right after I hopped off the treadmill. She just looked so spunky and FREE! Then I go on to see some chic in the locker room with super long hair for a woman my age (or older) and she looked very feminine and luxurious. Oh, the drama. To cut or not to cut?....that is the question.

Longer hair certainly looks cute when tossed up in an up-do with wispies falling around one's face or a sassy ponytail coming out the back of a baseball cap. However, shorter hair is so darn spunky and much cooler on the neck! Oh---and let's get me started on the whole flat iron era. I never even mess with those, because I have always taken as little time as possible to get my hair done. Today, however, I thought I'd try to "straighten" my hair for a new look with the longer tresses. Mind you, I ALREADY HAVE straight hair, but wanted the look I see on other women with the straight-all-the-way-down model. I have NO IDEA how you girls with natural waves or curls put yourself through the ritual of "straightening" your hair only to have to do it again in the morning. YUCK!!! Too hard and too much time! My hair is waaaaaay too T-H-I-C-K to try and straighten it. You see in the pic that the back didn't even get touched. I am clapping for those of you who take the time to flat iron your hair. You deserve kudos or something....maybe a massage would be better for your tired arms. Hence the reason I want my short hair back. But I can't do it yet. I guess there is some inner cave woman in me that wants to see if I can grow it long enough for PP to pull me around by my long tresses and then watch him beat his chest in triumph. Not really. That's just stupid. In fact, ALL of this is stupid. People are longing for food in their bellies right now and I am concerned over getting my hair cut or not. Hmph. Thank you, Lord that I have hair.

14 comments:

Nikki said...

I do the same thing...over and over and over. My life is a vicious cycle of growing it out and cutting it short and then, yup, growing it out again! It is fairly long right now and I'm on the fence...will I cut it short and spunky this fall??? You are not alone PM!

Adele said...

I constantly do this to myself. I am currently growing my hair out now but I am already getting sick of it. I look at the pics of when I had a cute, shorter, sassy do and I want it back. However, I do know that it took work to get it looking like that. It's just easier to let it grow out.
You have beautiful hair and I love the look of it growing out. You are one of those people that can just truly wear it any style and it looks great! I envy you. ;)

Phat Girl said...

I like your cute Hair Do! When I first moved to Dallas-11 yrs ago-my hair was passed my rear. I have very thick naturally curly red hair. The older I get the shorter my hair gets. Right now, my hair is a little above my shoulders. I like my hair shorter. It's so much easier & I do not have to use so much product. Without hair product, I have the frizziest hair!

Abby said...

Your hair looks so cute right now, but I will have to say those older pictures you posted the other week are also great! I don't think you've ever had a bad hair cut, or at least one you'll ever let us see! I'm lucky because I don't get to fall in that pit of long or short because my hair is so greasy that when it gets long a few hours after I wash it, it looks like I haven't washed it in days.

JenLo said...

All your pics have looked great...your face can pull off anything. I usually just wait until I'm totally sick of the current "do" before going drastic. If you're in doubt, just wait a little longer.

redmaryjanes said...

I like the length that you have right now. My hair is a little longer than that. I have kind of a rounder face, so I keep my hair longer, I think it slims my face down.

GloryandGrace said...

I'm diggin' the long hair, but that may be because I can't BELIEVE your hair is so long!!!

I can't really give an opinion when I'm on the same pendulum as you are... I'm keeping mine long for now, as many girls do in the months before the wedding, but somedays I can't WAIT until January-ish to cut it off to my shoulders again!

Loraena Tuttle said...

This post had me laughing - I guess because I can so relate to this. I am always trying to grow out my hair, but when it gets longer, I hate it and get it cut. =)

Yours looks really nice - that's a great length.

elizabeth said...

I think it has something to do with looking like you did when you met. I had long hair when Bryon and I started dating and he misses that!

My dad still talks about my mother's beautiful "Marcia Brady" hair that she had when they dated!

Kelley said...

Okay. I'm chuckling a bit as I'm reading through your post because I am reading my very own words. I grow it long, I cut it short, I grow it long, I cut it short, etc.
BUT, when I got to the bottom and saw the cartoon, I broke out into a huge belly laugh! Whew! I needed that good laugh!

BTW, I count my flat ironing in the morning as part of my exercise routine!

Ashley said...

You are so beautiful! Your hair is gorgeous! I keep mine shoulder length because that just works for me. ;)

Steffie B. said...

I do the same thing.....now that it is long I wear it in a pony tail half the time.....so much for being a beauty queen! lol I like RMJ comment....keeping it longer to slim her face down....does that mean I have to let mine grow as long as my butt to slim "that" down? lol

Mardi said...

Ha!! great post! I sooo do this pendulum swing thing too!:) I love your hair by the way!

Mommy Spice said...

Don't cut it. It looks so good. But your hair really does look good any way you do it. I liked it short too. I think I'm going to put some length back on mine.