Sunday, August 26, 2007

Getting Into the Swing of Things...

We are kicking off our new fall schedule in the morning. I am going to have to start posting my first of the week blog posts on Sunday nights because we hit the ground running on Monday mornings bright and early. I will be teaching the young fours class at our church's Child Development Center on Mondays and Fridays while PandaGirl will be in the older fours class. She has been practicing her letters and numbers and getting into the swing of things for her "school". So cute!

After waiting and waiting and waiting for me to finish up a project for a Women's Event at our church in a month PandaGirl finally pooped out just waiting for me on her bed. I LOVE this picture! LOL!!!


By her own choice, PandaGirl decided to get a haircut to be fresh for "school".


I just think PG can pull off this haircut so well because of her little rounded face and the fact that she has two crowns on the top of her head and a cowlick (sp?) making her hair lay funny. It works out great for this cut!




This is PG's "one-of-a-kind" princess lunchbox that 5 million other little girls will be toting this year. I had a Holly Hobbie metal lunchbox with matching thermos when I was in elementary so I just had to let her get her favorite girls for her lunch tote. Memories in the making for her...


PandaPop was on the computer for two and half hours on Saturday night "drafting" his FANTASY FOOTBALL team with a bunch of guys he knows. So cracks me up! As much as I love to scrapbook, PP loves this game. Atta boy, honey! BTW: do you notice the earbud poking out of his ears??? YES! My iPod Nano came in and he downloaded lots of songs for me...woohoooo!


I am very excited about our fall schedule. Since Mondays and Fridays are working the CDC, then every other Tuesday I will be a small group leader for our MOPS group, church choir rehearsals on Wednesday nights, PG in Awanas on Wed, and her choir on Sunday nights, plus being on the leadership team for our Women's Ministry with a huge kick-off event planned for September in which I am the lead for decor AND leading an hour long break-out session not to forget any Children's Ministry events that I will most definetly help PP with AND remember we just got our gym membership and are committed to continuing our new fitness plan, you can see how blogging is going to take a backseat to living. Hope you all come and visit often. I am sure there will be lots to share. I just have to figure out when to do it! ; )

20 comments:

Beckyb said...

LOVE the new haircut - looks like it suits her so well!! Have a fun fall - sounds like a full but fun lineup!!

Beth said...

PG is just too cute for words. Love her new do. I noticed her bedding...can you email me offline? I may have some extras for you.

Way to go on your new fitness routine! I am sure it will help give you the stamina you are going to need to get through your fall!

Looking forward to the 15th!

Brandi in TX said...

Hey girl,

Happy belated anniversary. I am trying to get in the swing of blogging again now that we are back on our fall schedule. I can't believe how big Panda girl has gotten!

Enjoy your new fall line up. Remember that the blog will always be there but life just slips by too quickly with our sweet little ones.

Hugs,
Brandi

Nikki said...

Busy, Busy! But, busy with fun stuff...how exciting.

I adore PG's new 'do' she looks adorable.

P.S. I am dying over here...you and I had the SAME lunchbox in Elementary school ( I nicknamed mine the Holly Hobby pop open cuz that is what it did nearly every day on my walk to school!)

LaLa said...

Love the new haircut!! Annslee has a Chinese swirl in the back of her head and it drives me nuts. I may have to check out this cut some more :)

My hubby went to his "draft party" Friday night...goofy LOL

You are busy busy this fall but such fun!

Robin said...

Love the new cut! Looks especially cute on PG.

So funny about PP. My dh is always playing some kind of fantasy sports. He usually has two teams going at all times in each sport..

JenLo said...

You have finally hit the mommy "big time" with that schedule, girl! Adorable new look for PG too! Wish I could get Little Chic to trim hers up. She is in the growing-it-as-long-as-possible phase.

Mommy Spice said...

Wow, when will I see you again? Panda Girl's haircut is just too cute, and you're right, it is her!! Have you started teaching yet? We start staff tomorrow, but class doesn't start until next week.

Sheryl said...

Oh girl, that sounds like a VERY busy schedule!! Where do you get the clothes for that girl?!?! She is always dressed so cute! Love the new hair cut by the way.

Cammie said...

Precious new do!
Did you make her outfit during your 'sewing phase'?

Elise said...

the haircut is so cute and I love the cherry outfit A LOT!

redmaryjanes said...

I love the haircut. I want to ask you. Eli has 2 crowns too and I have been told that it means that a child is ambidexterous (don't know how to spell it). They are neither right or left handed, they use both. Seems to be somewhat true with Eli. He eats with his left hand, but does many things with both equally.
Is Pandagirl that way?

Adele said...

I just love her new haircut. It is so precious! It makes me want to get Mallory's cut like that.
Sounds like you are about to be very busy. Our Awana starts back up this week so we will be busy with that too. I have been asked to decorate the GA room this year so I am busy working on that right now. Ron and I were also asked to be Mission Friends Directors so needless to say blogging will be taking a back seat here too.
Praying you have a great week!
Oh, by the way, I had a Holly Hobbie lunchbox too!!!

Ashley said...

What a cute haircut! Sounds like a full fall schedule!! :)

Terri said...

I love the haircut, it is like mine only with bangs,I don't have any. And mine isn't that pretty shinny black.

Yes, we still go to MRBC! We will until we move to CO. Then I will have been a member of 3 churches in my life time because we will stay there the remainder of our lives, I think!

Kelley said...

I love Panda Girl's new haircut. Oh so chic! I wish that I could convince Emily to go for a short bob, but she insists on keeping it long even when we're combing out the tangles.

Our new fall schedule starts tomorrow. Yikes! Yippee! Hooray! Oh my! Sigh...

I cannot wait to see YOU again too!
K.

Ashley said...

I'm going to assume your comment was referring to the mentor goal (because, well, that's the only one I can see it fitting in to!!). Mrs. Funderstorm (that cracks me up!!) and a couple of other ladies are the exact reason why I put the disclaimer at the end of that goal. {Funderstorm is my 1 Timothy 5:2 friend.} With the exception of e-mail/my blog, all of those relationships are "in church". That's the part I'm hoping/praying may change. It may very well be that some of my in church mentors develop into outside of church mentors. Does that make sense? Time will tell, I guess.

Ashley said...

Ok, after reading my comment, I'm not sure that clarified anything! sorry. :)

Erin said...

Her haircut is adorable! If I could get Mollianne's hair cut like the way it was cut the day we got her, I would be one happy lady. Her foster mom took her to get a very chic cut a couple of days before she was to take her to Civil Affairs Office and it was absolutely adorable. Haven't been able to recreate it no matter how hard I try. I would settle for just the way the bangs were cut! Sigh....

I can't wait to meet you and PG in person. Have a wonderful weekend!

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

PG's new do is adorable! I also love the outfit.

Sounds like you all are always busy and on the go but that you always have fun.

Have a great day!