Monday, August 06, 2007

A Little Paint Goes A Long Way...



Good morning! Here are a few before and after pics of our new home we just moved into. The owners let us choose our own paint colors and we jumped at the chance to paint! PandaPop gets all the kudos for this job. He is so great at painting! Of course, pictures don't really capture the true colors or the warmth of the room, but you get the idea. This is only the living and dining room areas. More pics to come of the rest of the house later. I am not typically a "blue" person so I had the two huge blue walls changed immediately.

When you get down to the pic of the couch know that you are viewing a gift from the Lord. When we first moved up here three months ago we got a gorgeous red couch from LaZboy. One month in...it broke. All summer I have been fighting to get our money back on the silly thing. We finally got the money back all the while sitting in purple canvas lawn chairs for our "couch". We were going to use the money from the couch to help pay for our Disney trip which had been postponed until October. Well, with this unexpected move we had to use the $$$ for moving expenses (which now moves the Disney trip to February...maybe). Anyway, our new landlord came by and saw the new paint and asked what color our couch was. We explained the whole red couch gone bye-bye story and she said, "You're not going to believe this but my neighbor is trying to sell their couch and ottoman and no one bought it at their garage sale. It matches your paint colors." Long story short we got this gorgeous, fluffy, oversized, (probably twice as much $$$ as our red couch) couch and ottoman for...$175.00!!! It totally matches and we couldn't be happier with it!!!

God is so good.

We love our home and our neighborhood and all the brand new shopping areas that are absolutely GORGEOUS! I am forever thankful for that dumb squeaking in our apartment which got us on the move in the first place. Funny how yuckie things can turn out to be some of life's biggest blessings. I will have many more pics tomorrow about other happenings from the past week. Have a blessed Monday!









This last pic is just so you get a better look at the beautiful color of the flooring!

20 comments:

GloryandGrace said...

So when's the party???

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

Beautiful! Perfect colors! you guys did all that painting!Wow! Doesn't it just feel great now that you are really settled!!!!!!!! Well, you can keep up with us on myspace, I have a blog on there as well-just click on it.
We are so happy for you guys! Many Blessings!

Taylor said...

What a beautiful home you have.

God is good ALL the time!!

Ashley said...

Beautiful!

Phat Girl said...

Congrats on the new home and the new furniture! God is Great!

Anonymous said...

Everything looks great! I know yall are so happy. It is amazing what a little paint will do!

Anonymous said...

Y'all have done so much in such a short period of time! What a transformation, it is beautiful and so inviting and welcoming. I love that couch! It is beautiful. God is Who He says He is and God can do what He says He can do!

Love from the Firecrackers

Kelley said...

Your new home looks so perfectly cozy and inviting...I love it! Wishing you many blessings and much happiness in your new home.
K.

Mommy Spice said...

Oh my goodness!! It looks beautiful! I can't wait to see it in person! I am the worst at picking out yellows, so I've given up, even though I love the right yellow walls.

Talked to you earlier...still in hotel. Thank goodness for wireless internet here.

Shari U said...

I love your new house and I hope you get to stay there for a long, long time. My husband and I traveled to China with the Hunanspice family; I love reading her blog and I found the link to yours. Ya'll are lucky to have such good friends!

Steffie B. said...

Wow.....so when do get to come over for dinner? ;)

Ashley said...

Blogger party at the Panda house!!! :)

Terri said...

How wonderful it all looks! I love painting, too. It gives it a whole new look!

Nikki said...

Panda Mom, your new home is absolutely beautiful! I loooove it.
You must be thrilled. So happy for you.

Stephanie said...

The couches look so good and only $175! The painting looks great too!

Adele said...

Your home looks so inviting and cozy. I love all of your colors. Great choices! I know you are glad to be settled in your new home. You are right that God can take something bad and turn it into a blessing. Welcome back to the blogging world. :)

redmaryjanes said...

What a beautiful place, it looks wonderful!

Much Ado said...

Glad the move went well....it looks like "home" already!

Sheryl said...

Isn't it fun to paint a house?! It looks beautiful!

Gina said...

Great job! You've made the house look so warm and welcoming. I'm a firm believer that paint can do wonders for a space. I loved painting my home. Heck, I painted the living room 3 times before I ended up with a color I liked.