Friday, August 31, 2007

Forever Friend

Go here to see my best friend whom I posted the last entry for. She surprised me with a special post about...me! She and I met ten years ago (can it REALLY be 10?!). Our husbands served on staff together at a precious little church in Arlington, Texas. We have such sweet memories for that five year time period. She said at the time that she and her hubby had been praying for a "friend" for her and then I came along. It cracked me up that God used ME to answer someone else's prayer, but from the moment I met her I knew we'd be friends. Little did I know that we'd end up being BEST friends for this long. (God has blessed us both with other friends through the years, of course, but we have a very special bond that is well...you'll see).

We have been through cancer with her husband (praise GOD for healing and medicine!!!), watched her little boy of two years old grow to be a young man with a deep voice, watched her as she threw-up her guts the entire pregnancy of her daughter (well--we didn't actually SEE the throw up!), listened to her completely angelic musical voice while being moved to tears by her own sweet spirit while she sings the lyrics, collected massive charms bracelets together, are connected in our hearts for China for same and different reasons, planned a tea party together for six women JUST because we found scrapbook paper that we wanted to use for it, gone to a Jewish synagogue together and it just happened to be a Bar Mitzvah (LOL!), hugged her when one of her four brothers was killed in a motorcycle accident, disagreed with each other, laughed until we cried, cried until we laughed, shared secrets, rolled our eyes in disgust at the meaness exhibited by church members at times, rolled our eyes at each other, prayed over each other, interceeded for each other, hurt for each other, hurt each other, held each other, forgiven each other, driven really far to get to each other, cheered for each other...I think you get the picture of us.

We haven't lived close for six years, but keep in tune with the other one's life. We know we were divinely put together and are grateful for such a friendship. Thank you, Lord for my sweet friend...even though she is a teacher who can't spell...
S-O-C-C-O-R. LOLOLOL! ; )

6 comments:

Ashley said...

I love hearing about yall's friendship - there is definitely something special there. Look at the amazing way God answered the Funderstorm's prayer for a friend. Wow!

Your throw up comment cracked me up. ;)

There's something amazing about hearing her sing, isn't there? It's absolutely beautiful. I am always enthralled by people who have musical ability because I have NONE.

I've got to hear the Jewish synagogue story. LOL

Both of yall's blog postings about each other were so sweet! I loved reading them! :)

GloryandGrace said...

Was the third pic from that retreat you guys met up for and attended together?

PandaMom said...

Do NOT, do NOT click on the previous post from whoever ADAM is. It is a scam link!!!! I do NOT know him.

Nikki said...

A friendship like that must have been heaven sent!
How great!
(the two of you are CUTE together...I checked out the pics on her blog)

Mommy Spice said...

God seems to use your friendship as an answer to people's prayers, because the day I met you was an answer to prayer as well. Love ya!!

I wrote about my "D" as well. Funny!!

Much Ado said...

Just caught up on reading your posts from when I was away.....and heading over to read the friendship one now! :)

Wow, your hair seems to grow really fast and I was also amazed at the length from your wedding photos....I always have the same dilemma but usually chicken out and keep mine the same boring length (a result of having a really bad haircut once....too scared!)

And the HSM thing....we were in Orlando when it was on TV - wow, its BIG....if I remember rightly you are hoping to go to Disney soon....if so, PG is just going to love MGM Studios! :)