Thursday, July 05, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #23-Fun 4th!






Thirteen things from our 4th of July:
1. Papaw's 68th birthday dinner
2. Visiting with family (able to see both sets of PandaGirl's grandparents, aunt, a couple of great aunts and great-grandfather)
3. Eating yummy watermelon
4. Grandma's great cooking and decorating for the 4th
5. Papaw's awesome grilled steaks
6. My scrumdillyumptious dirt cake complete with worms
7. Driving safely to and from our party place (two hours one way)
8. Red, White and Blue
9. Americana
10. Fireworks
11. Sweet TEA!
12. Enjoying freedom in my country and in Christ
13. Lovely Texas mosquitos eating my PandaGirl alive and me not finding the OFF before we left....it must be still at camp! (The pics below show the back of her leg with nickle-size and quarter-size bites. Poor thing!)

13 comments:

Steffie B. said...

Sounds like a wonderful holiday!

Sheryl said...

Sounds like fun! My Ben swells up like crazy from mosquito bites. Feel bad for him & PG!

Anonymous said...

Glad yall had a great day! Hope the bites get better.

Mommy Spice said...

We double sprayed yesterday!! We had mosquitos buzzing all around us but no bites. That's a first!! Glad y'all had fun!!

Adele said...

Wow, PG's legs look like Mallory's when she gets bit by mosquitos.
I love your list of things you did on the 4th. My favorite would be SWEET TEA. There is nothing like it. Glad you all had a great day.

Elise said...

Great pictures but sorry about the bites...no fun at all!

Anonymous said...

I get eaten like that too. I wouldn't wish it on anyone and I'm so sorry that they get PG. It's miserable.

I agree...Sweet Tea rocks!

Holly said...

Oh my goodness those are huge bits. Poor thing. Sounds like you guys had a good time though.

Terri said...

Looks like it was a great day. We spent the 4th with some former MRBC'ers that now live in Colorado. We had a great time and got to watch the fireworks in a great spot.

Shelley said...

Bless her little heart. Those bites are no fun. I'm so glad that neither of my China angels got bitten...they both have very sensitive skin and even the smallest bug bite turnes into a nasty sore.
Sounds like you all had a wonderful day!!
Blessings~

GloryandGrace said...

Did your cell phone get left at camp, too?

Heehee ;)
XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

Oj my!!!Poor PG!

Our allergist had to give us some prescription cortisone for Miss Firecracker [aka Grace] when that happens to us. I don't know if you are ever up this way, but if so, I did find All Terrain Herbal Armor at Sprouts and it works great without deet and we started using it too. It is something that one of our FCC NT mom's told me about.

Anonymous said...

I just love her outfit!

Oh poor thing, I am sooooooo allergic to mosquitos. That is exactly how I do when they get a hold of me.