Saturday, July 07, 2007

Picnic at the Pool



It happened!! THE SUN CAME OUT!!!! As soon as we saw the beautiful rays of light and heard the weather forecast for the day we headed out to our pool. Of course, the rest of the week looks like it is going to be like my previous post....cloudy, overcast and rainy. We took advantage of the gorgeous sunny day and had a BLAST as a family! Yours truly has never been able to be exposed to sun rays for more than a few minutes because of my light freckled skin, but today I said, "To heck with it! I'm swimming!" I even got my hair wet and wore no make-up. That's a pretty big deal for me seeing as how my eyelashes are WHITE and they never see the light of day outside my home without mascara and my blonde hair NEVER touches chlorinated water because it will turn green. Lovely, I know. I also put on silly canary yellow goggles, went under water with my eyes opened and, again, HAD A BLAST! I did start to feel the sun burning through the sunscreen after a couple of hours, so I stayed in the shade. Oh--it felt like summer today and I loved it.




If I can't "lay-out" then my sweet little brown baby can! I only made her strike this pose for the pic. I have NEVER been able to do this "laying-out" thing so I am living vicariously through her melanine (the stuff in your skin that makes you tan of which I have NONE!). I certainly am NOT making her "tan". I am not THAT sick, ya know!




Freshly made egg-salad sandwiches, BBQ chips, grapes, oranges and green tea! YUM!



Hope you are making the most of summer with YOUR family! ; )

9 comments:

Mardi said...

awwww...looks like a fun day!! Enjoy! :)

Mommy Spice said...

Oh I'm so jealous. Do you know what we're doing today? Putting in our new a/c. The only problem is, we can't use it until our a/c guy comes and hooks everything up after church tomorrow. So that means a very warm night for us. S.G. and I have been out and about today, but are now closed up in the family room with the wonderfully working window unit.

GloryandGrace said...

Is that the Green Tea with Citrus flavor??? LOVE it!! ;)

Holly said...

Looks like you guys had a fabulous day at the pool. Hope that good weather stays!

Jennifer said...

That's a mighty cute butterfly cup she's sipping from!!

Sheryl said...

I always have the best time when I say, "forget the hair and make-up, I'm going swimming!" The kids have a blast then too! Looks like fun!

Terri said...

That looks like such fun!!! We are heading back to Texas early Sunday morning. Colorado has been so wonderful. We have had some wonderful summer fun! Now back to work!

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

You absolutely crack me up! Thank the Lord the sun has come out for you guys.....We saw pictures of all the flooding everywhere!Horrible! Now you will get a decent summer with Green Grass! A first in a long time!

Phat Girl said...

PandaMom, I'm very fair complexed too! I do go swimming, but with 50 proof sunscreen. My eye lashes and eye brows are extremely white. It's funny how people react to me when I do not have makeup on. I understand what you are talking about!