HELLO EVERYONE!!! I've missed you! ; ) Let me say that it has been a crazy-busy two weeks! All good, just time consuming. I picked a good time for a blog hiatus because I wouldn't have had time to post anything anyway! While I was out of the bloggy-loop Ashley tagged me for a wonderful meme...The "Five Things I Love About JESUS" Meme. How fun is that?! I wanted my new blog year to start off with the whole reason I live...Jesus. Tomorrow will be my one year anniversary of starting this blog and I must say, though it DOES take up time, it has been a HUGE blessing in my life. I have come across many people who have made me better for just reading about their life. Cool how that works through cyber-space, huh? I can't wait to meet up with some blogging moms who live 20 minutes from me and who also have daughters from China. I love keeping up with friends and family all over the place and I really enjoy seeing how other families DO things. We are all so different and yet so alike, too.
This darling pic of my PandaGirl with Judy the Elf from the movie "The Santa Clause" is just a smidgen of the time consumed during the past two weeks. We love watching Christmas movies in the summer-time to ooo & aahh over the fun things awaiting us come Christmas-time. Ever since we had PG, PandaPop and I thought her little round face and full cheeks look just like "Judy" from this movie. One of PG's friends had this princess cap with the flowing sheer fabric and WAHLAH!---she looks like PG the Elf! Thought you'd get a kick out of it, too. Maybe you don't see it, but we do and well....that's all that matters now doesn't it? LOL! ; )
There has been some drama happen over this summer and it culminated this past week causing us to...well, you'll just have to wait until tomorrow's post to get the scoop. For now, here are just a few (there are supposed to be only FIVE I can list!) of the reasons I love my MAIN man, JESUS:
1. Jehovah-Jireh: This is one of the names of God which means "my Provider". Oh, how He has provided for me over and over again in my life. From little details in my personal being to huge things affecting me and others around me....He has always provided me with exactly what I need...even if I don't fully understand it all.
2. My Shelter: I have always thought of God as my refuge, shelter, hiding place. When those emotional attacks come from the enemy, life seems too complicated or someone hurts me badly, He is who I run to. It is unexplainable. Only HE can protect me and give the true comfort needed in times of distress or fear. Steven Curtis Chapman wrote a song called "Hiding Place" a long time ago, but it remains one of my very favorite songs because it is so powerful and true. Many times in my life I have found myself resting in the peace this song gives via Jesus.
Hiding Place lyrics:
In the distance I can see the storm clouds coming my way,
And I need to find a shelter
Before it starts to rain,
So I turn and run to you Lord;
You're the only place to go,
Where unfailing love surrounds me
When I need it most.
CHORUS
You're my hiding place;
Safe in your embrace,
I'm protected from the storm that rages
When the waters rise,
And I run to hide;
Lord, in You I find my hiding place.
I'm not asking You to take away
My troubles, Lord,
'Cause it's through the stormy weather
I learn to trust You more.
And I thank You for Your promise;
I have come to know
Your unfailing love surrounds me
When I need it most.
(chorus)
So let Your people seek You
While You may be found,
'Cause You're our only refuge
When the rain comes pouring down.
3. Top Six Riches: When I went through the "Believing God" Bible study by Beth Moore last summer I learned something that has changed my daily life. In Ephesians 1:3-8 there six aspects of life in which we as Christians can boast because of the LOVE of Jesus becoming the sacrifice in our place to bridge the gap between us and God caused by our sinful nature. I repeat these to myself daily as a reminder of WHO I am in Christ.
~Blessed
~Chosen
~Adopted
~Accepted
~Redeemed
~Forgiven
All these are in LOVE. I can claim these truths as WHO I am! Just imprinting these on my heart has put into perspective how insignificant I would be without Jesus as my Savior. Petty things that used to bother me seem so ridiculous now as compared to the riches I have in Christ.
4. My Perfectly Timed Prince: Throughout Scripture we are told that Jesus WILL return for His own someday. After studying His Word there is no doubt this will come to pass. It is so exciting just thinking about it!! In light of His perfect timing LATER, He has such perfect timing NOW! For example, things like meeting someone at JUST the right time. Being at exactly the right place at the right time. Waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for something that I think is so LATE and yet when it happens it is so perfectly timed to work just like He planned. I just LOVE how He orchestrates so many details just to bless me. He sees the big picture. His timing is best no matter if I choose not to trust him and fall into a pity party thinking He has everything wrong or not. He is perfect and needs no watch. Just when I least expect it...someday my Prince will come.
5. Revelation 4:8--"Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come."
Forgive me if some of these seem to ramble. I am completely fatigued and my brain is blonder that usual....more details as to WHY I am so tired on tomorrow's post! Glad to be back with you!!! ; )

11 comments:
Ahhhhhh.....you are back and this was a wonderful inspiration to start off my week.
Loved the shaving creme art work! You are a clever one PM! ;)
Glad to see you back!!!!!! Love you!
Glad you are back !!! Missed you.
Your meme waw just what I needed today!!! God IS Good
Welcome back! I've missed you! PG does look a great deal like Elf Judy!
Great answers!! I've really enjoyed reading other peoples' responses to this meme.
Glad to have you back in the blogging world. ;)
I spent this entire weekend listening and singing to Christmas music. :) My family called me crazy, but I had a niece and nephew who enjoyed it just as much as I did!!
Glad you are back! Now, hurry up and tell us what's going on...I so dislike suspense! ;)
Welcome back!!!
Welcome back my friend, although I just saw you 30 minutes ago....LOL!!
Love the picture of P.G. I totally see it!
Love your six reasons for loving Jesus. I still need to do this meme. It's a thinker, and I just haven't had time to put my thoughts in words yet. I will get it done though.
Glad you're back, my bloggy friend...soon to be real life friend! Your answers to the Jesus meme lifted my spirits today -- thank you!
And, yes I also think that Panda Girl looks a bit like Elf Judy...too cute!
I'm loving the idea of Christmas in July. I think that the girls and I will watch some Christmas movies this week. They'll get a kick out of that!
Hope to see you soon!
Wonderful post.
And...she does kind of look like Judy! We love the Santa Clause.
"Thanks, but I'm seeing someone in wrapping."
Post a Comment