I'm not complaining. I am just observing. It has seriously rained here for, what, two? three? months straight. It is JULY and we aren't even close to the 100's in temps yet. Praise the Lord for that huge blessing! Only, we can't really swim or do anything that is "summer" like. Everyone just walks around with umbrellas. All the foliage is so green and lush and gorgeous I feel like we are living in Scotland or Ireland. I wonder what our fall will look like? Normally here in Texas the leaves are actually engulfed in flames by, say, mid August and fall off the trees leaving most of the autumn leaves that remained to cling to the branches a lovely gray-ish-taupe-wrinkly elephant legs color...pure eye candy. This year we might stay green clear to Christmas! Crazy stuff! This is all after two years of serious drought. I will be glad when Jesus returns and the new heaven and the new earth (all this is found in the book of Revelation) will be as it SHOULD be....perfect, balanced and whole. For now, we are off to our last day of swimming lessons at the in-door pool for PandaGirl, though I'm not exactly sure when she can put her new skills into practice...it's raining here, ya know.
Friday, July 06, 2007
Is This Texas or Seattle, WA?
I'm not complaining. I am just observing. It has seriously rained here for, what, two? three? months straight. It is JULY and we aren't even close to the 100's in temps yet. Praise the Lord for that huge blessing! Only, we can't really swim or do anything that is "summer" like. Everyone just walks around with umbrellas. All the foliage is so green and lush and gorgeous I feel like we are living in Scotland or Ireland. I wonder what our fall will look like? Normally here in Texas the leaves are actually engulfed in flames by, say, mid August and fall off the trees leaving most of the autumn leaves that remained to cling to the branches a lovely gray-ish-taupe-wrinkly elephant legs color...pure eye candy. This year we might stay green clear to Christmas! Crazy stuff! This is all after two years of serious drought. I will be glad when Jesus returns and the new heaven and the new earth (all this is found in the book of Revelation) will be as it SHOULD be....perfect, balanced and whole. For now, we are off to our last day of swimming lessons at the in-door pool for PandaGirl, though I'm not exactly sure when she can put her new skills into practice...it's raining here, ya know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Love It! You forgot to mention the mosquitoes are now giant sized! Everyone has bites all over their bodies - well at least they do in this part of the woods. Hope you have some fun umbrellas to use! I've gone 4 days now - thanks for the encouragement!
Love, Maude
Grand kids came down from Oklahoma, I had to get the pool ready for them. It was all they asked for. THey arrived yesterday, in the rain. Thirty minutes after I got off of work, they were in the pool. I sat under the table umbrella trying to stay out of the rain and watch them play.
I think we did just flip flop....usually we see rain into July but it has been hot, hot, hot!!! Not complaining either, but most of us don't have air conditioning...so it is hard to get away from the heat. How about I send you all of our umbrellas and you send up your air conditioner;)
So funny! I do feel like we're in Seattle! We haven't been to our community pool at all this summer and usually by now the girls are very brown...not this year! It is wonderful that everything is so beautiful and green...and I hadn't even thought about the impact that this will have on the fall leaves. Maybe we'll have a real autumn!
NO kidding! Our grass is up to our waists now because our lawn boy can't mow. It's literally a swamp outside. I do appreciate the cooler weather though. Daddy S. is picking up our new a/c unit right now. He is reducting our house, so hopefully we will have a/c again by tomorrow evening. Imagine what our house would feel like if we were having normal Texas weather right now.
I hope that things clear up and you can have a week or two of sunshine! I love rainy days, but too many can get me down.
amen on the day Jesus returns!
Sorry you are having so many gloomy days. The greenery is nice but heck.. a little sunshine and greenery would be even more nice I'm sure.
We are having an unseasonably cooler summer as well so far. I'm loving it!
wow! That is strange for Texas! You can send some our way. Our desert is dryyyyy...
I love your 4th pictures! So cute! :)
Post a Comment