Sunday, July 08, 2007

Two Week Hiatus


I am taking a two week break from The Blogosphere. Lots of activities going on as well as just needing a break from this thing that has overtaken my daily life. I will miss you, but will be back on July 23. July 24th will be my one year anniversary of starting this blog. ONE YEAR of checking the computer multiple times a day? Something seems kinda wrong about it when I see that in writing. Do I spend too much time on this silly thing? I have come to "meet" so many awesome people through blogging, but it seriously takes up so much of my time. I will be working part time this fall, being more involved in the ministries at our church and hopefully starting the process for international adoption again; not to forget that I really desire to study God's Word in a deeper fashion than I have done in the past. It's time to step it up notch. Blogging is fun, but I really must find a balance with it. Maybe some of you find yourself a bit too addicted as well. What say you? ; ) I'll check the answers and then come back ready to blog in a couple of weeks. Until then, be a blessing!

28 comments:

Mommy Spice said...

I absolutely agree...I spend a little too much time in blogland. But, if I can't see pictures, I'll have to see you in person. I'll miss your blogs, but totally understand!!

Love ya!

Glorious Expressions said...

Wow, and I thought it was my age. ha ha Great to read your wisdom, words and choices. It's always wonderful but the process is very time consuming and can be addictive in pulling people away from HIS works and attention. Have a blest-rest with the best.

Terri said...

Yes, it can be time consuming but I have found some great wisdom on here and some great godly women to encourage me that direction. I don't blog every day like you, but try to blog every few days. We were on vacation for a week and I posted twice. I am seeking His direction in all areas of my life right now and waiting to see where He leads. Have a good Hiatus!

Sheryl said...

Yes, it can be addictive. My 3 year old just told me, "it's taking 4 hours for you to finish blogging." (ok it's been 20 min.) but it's a time consumer for sure! We'll miss you!

Adele said...

I am fairly new to blogging and I can see that it could be totally addictive. I try to do my blogging late at night when everyone is asleep so that I don't feel too guilty. (HA) Enjoy your time away. I totally understand. I will miss your posts. I have tagged you but if you don't respond, I completely understand. Can't wait to see you blogging again.
Adele

Elise said...

I totally understand...I have had to take breaks at times too! Enjoy your time with your family!

Ashley said...

I agree but I'll miss you!!!! I love coming here and being pointed to Him AND seeing cute pics of your precious family. I love the last line of your post: "be a blessing." ;) I'll miss your posts, Panda-Mom!

Nikki said...

Have a good break and we'll see you in a couple weeks. I have been trying to cut down too, but addictions are hard. Yep, I'm addicted too.

Anonymous said...

I completely understand. You will be missed!

Back in January my Mom's group at church was studying Wisdom and the topic for that meeting was widsom and time. Our teacher asked how many of us read blogs and hands went up all over the room. It was such an addiction for some that they blog more than spend time in the Word. So a few of us took up a no blogging challenge and it was hard but worth it. Now I try to limit myself b/c I would be spending the entire day reading and catching up on all the neat blogs I have come across. So glad I don't have a blog to have to keep up with. This is one area where submission was really easy. :-)

Much Ado said...

Enjoy your break, I totally understand where you are coming from with this post - enjoy your time off to the full!

Emmie said...

Totally agree...logging does take a lot of my time as well! I'll probably have to take a couple breaks this summer as well!

redmaryjanes said...

I am too into my blog-I'll admit it. Need an intervention! Enjoy your two weeks!!

Steffie B. said...

Totally understand....I'm doing less blogging now that it is summer as well. I'll be back to check in.....love you too much not to! ;)

Holly said...

Totally understand. Summer is such a busy time sometimes you just need a break to relax and take it easy.

Gracie said...

Summer is a relaxing time for you just to chill out. Enjoy your rest!

Kim said...

Hi!

No, I did not receive an email recently!!! I understand about needing a blogging break! I will miss you, though.

Please resend it...I'm looking forward to hearing from you! I would love to hear about what is going on in your life!

Kim

Mommy Spice said...

Has it been 2 weeks yet? I miss you!!

Steffie B. said...

I soooooo miss you! ;)

Ashley said...

Man, waiting sure is hard! ;)

Kim said...

Your posts will be missed!!!


Kim

Jinglebritches said...

Miss you like "crazy cakes"!! In case you haven't heard....We have GREAT news!!!

GloryandGrace said...

There was a mom named Panda
Who had a blue banana
And when she said "Oh, manna"
It smelled like a bandana

Ashley said...

I didn't want you to not have anything to blog about when you came back, so I've tagged you for the "Why I Love Jesus" meme (posted 7/18)!! I'd really like to read your answers! :)

Terri said...

Miss you. Hope your time away was beneficial and good.

Steffie B. said...

Still missing you

Mommy Spice said...

Helloooooo!!!!!!


I'll see you tonight! Hee-Hee!!

Ashley said...

It's almost Monday (the date you're returning) ... YEAH!!! :)

Mardi said...

I saw pic's on Mommyspice's blog of your panda girl having lots of fun! :) How long did it take to clean that up??:) Glad your having fun on your hiatus!