Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Perfect Pillow



Is there something you HAVE to do to sleep? My best friend HAS to sleep with one foot OUT of the covers. I have to have the closet doors shut or else I can't sleep. You know...the Boogie Man lives in there. LOL! The other thing I HAVE to have is something to hold. Not for security sake, but for pure comfort. If I travel and forget my "little pillow" then I will roll up a towel or something to hold in-between my arms on my chest.

For years I have used a "little pillow" like the one on left of the pic. Every now and then I sneak in and get this PERFECTLY FITTING bear from PandaGirl's room. It is the PERFECT size, texture and my hands fits just oh-so right around his neck. The problem? If anyone ever saw a 36 year old sleeping with a fluffy teddy bear they might think she was suffering from psychological problems and needed a shrink!

Now, thanks to that discount store Ross, I am in love with my new wonderful, fluffy, soft velvety, squishy pillow which is far better than my old "little pillow" and not as damaging to my psyche as teddy and it was only $5. I LOVE IT!.....I Got it a ROSS! (for those of you who have never heard of "Ross" stores...that is their tag line for the commercials).

11 comments:

Phat Girl said...

I must always sleep with my hair in a ponytail. Since my hair is too short right now for a "whole" ponytail, I have to use a half-ponytail. I must also sleep with 3 pillows: two for my head, and one in between my knees! Oh...and Since I am single, I must fall to sleep with the TV on EVERY NIGHT OR the booey-man will get me! ;)

Jinglebritches said...

I am also a pillow hugger!!! I just bought the softest squishiest puple neck pillow for the big trip!!! I love your goofyness!!!

Emmie said...

I have about 10 stuffed animals in my bed that must be in their perfect place every night and I definitly can't sleep without even 1.

Mommy Spice said...

Hmmmm, I have to have sound....like a fan. I have a sound machine that was bought for me when I was 8. I have passed it on to Spicy Girl. Daddy S. and I have our big standing fan set on high. I can't stand quiet, or little noises through the night. If we travel, and I forget the sound machine, from S.G.'s room, I'm in trouble!!

Robin said...

I have to have my fan running at level #2. Plus, I sleep with two pillows. (plus my husband has 2 pillows.. no wonder we needed a king sized bed..LOL)

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Welcome back! I just noticed you had posted on the cooking blog I contribute to and wanted to know if I had another blog. I do, it's rlellis11.blogspot.com. I've been blogging for a year and am still learning the ins and outs of all this! Love seeing the pics of your adorable little girl. Oh, you will find I have linked you on my blog...hope you don't mind. :)

Nikki said...

I MUST have a fan on to fall asleep...love the noise (and the nice breeze, cuz I like to cuddle up under my blanket).

Love your new pillow, but I wouldn't squawk if you slept with a teddy-bear.

Adele said...

I have to have the closet doors closed as well. I don't know why but I do. I must have MY pillow to sleep on. It's a down pillow and oh so soft! I have been known to grab one of Mallory's panda bears to snuggle with. :)

Steffie B. said...

Oooooooo....love it!

LaLa said...

OK..so glad to know I am not alone. Gotta have a "hug pillow" and a fan. Yep, even in China I had them bring up a fan at each hotel..pitiful!

Love your new pillow...

Anonymous said...

I have to have the tv on Star Trek Deep Space Nine. Otherwise, I can't fall asleep at all... So sad, I know.