
Before we adopted Panda-Girl, I bought this sweet little Asian looking plush doll. I loved it because of the eyes. They were made to look like those gorgeous almond eyes that my daughter has been blessed with. From the moment Panda-Girl got this doll she was in love. The doll ended up with the name "Baby". Baby has been in almost all of the pictures we take of Panda-Girl. She has traveled, been tinkled on, thrown-up on, dragged everywhere, thrown in the washing machine and truly loved. Only in the past few months have I noticed that Baby doesn't really get played with that much, though she still gets hugged and slept with at night. Now this week the inevitable news came to my ears.......Panda-Girl said that she loves Sparky (her dalmation) MORE than Baby. That made my heart so sad. I know that she has to grow up and that is good. I am glad that she doesn't have some security issue and just HAS to have Baby to function, but just the fact that MY baby no longer loves HER Baby the way she used to is.....well, kinda sad. Granted, I certainly don't want her attached to Baby in High School and walking into her Freshman year with Baby in her backpack, but for now let me mourn the loss of one era and move on to the next. My 80's girl instinct is to tell Panda-Girl, "Nobody puts Baby in the corner!". HA! I guess it's just evolution.

4 comments:
My very first doll's name was "Rachel." And although "Rachel" and I don't spend much time together anymore, she's the one doll that we've never gotten rid of. She's still safe and sound in my trunk full of memories at my dad's house. And hopefully Pandagirl will stay in ballet a little longer than this girl did--I was more intrigued with looking at myself in those big mirrors than I was in keeping in step with the other little girls!
Take time to mourn and put baby in a safe place so z can have her later. She will be such a treasure. Love you and miss you. Thanks for your encouragement for me. Have you had chocolate yet?
I have now gone almost 2 weeks without coke. Yea me!love MAUDE
You'll notice pretty soon, Sparky will be replaced with somebody else and so on. My kids are 9 and 10 and they have always had a special "something" even though it wasn't the original "blankie" and "Stanley-stuffed dog".
As you have probably noticed, Reese doesn't travel everywhere with us anymore. Although Spicy Girl still sleeps with him, it's been "Dolly" (same doll as Baby, different name). She has also been into her pink poodle. That's been this week.
Post a Comment