


I know that our friends are calling us crazy for getting another animal. A cat is totally independent and not as needy as a house dog. We lived with two cats for almost 12 years and I said last year that I would never do it again, but our family wanted more kitty-love. We went yesterday and adopted our new kitty from the animal shelter. Keeping in line with our Chinese "heritage" we have appropriately named our new family member Chong Wu Miao. Isn't that the cutest?! Chong Wu means "house pet" and Miao means "meow". We are having a blast calling him Miao! We love him so much already! The picture of him upside down snoozing away was taken only a couple of hours after coming home. I think bonding won't be an issue. HA! The only issue will be if Panda-Girl's nose will adjust. She started itching her nose and got a little stuffy last night. We are hoping it was just from being around all the animals at the shelter and NOT allergic to Miao. That will be the only reason for returning him. We certainly don't want to do that, but Panda-Girl ranks higher than Panda-Kitty and we will see to her needs in a heart beat.

7 comments:
Yes, that's where I live! Did you know that I am also an SLP? Small world.
We moved here when I was finishing high school so you must have been in college.
Aww Miao reminds me of Whiskers!! How old is it?
Adorable!! We love our own Monster Paw (Bobcat is her 'real' name)
What can I say? Lauren is terribly jealous, but no kitties around here. Daddy Spice and Spicy Girl are allergic. Great name!!
One word...jealous.
the cat looks adorable. Can't wait to meet him. Just finished subbing for 2nd grade for 3 days. i'm tired.
love, sues
Yes, I did a Google search and just clicked on the Images link at the top of the page and found a fun picture to match the word I had typed in. As far as the last picture goes...I typed in the word "stuttering" and that's what came up! I laughed so hard :)
Post a Comment