Monday, August 14, 2006
FRENCH toast with a MEXICAN twist?
Saturday morning I decided to make French toast for Panda-Girl and myself. Panda-Pop was leading a session at a Sunday School Leadership conference and thought it would be fun and easy to cook up this treat for just the two of us. I have probably made French toast three times in my adult life and had to think through exactly what to do. I was doing a great job, had the toast on our plates, dusted some powdered sugar on, added some cinnamon for extra taste and the syrup was drizzling all over the place. YUM!, but wait---what's that funny smell? Hmm...WHAT???? This isn't brown cinnamon in my clear bottle of spices.....it's brown CHILI POWDER! Yes, I had sprinkled our entire breakfast with chili powder. By the picture I hope one can see how I made the mix up. This was a blonde moment!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
That is the funniest thing! Kind of like Macenzie taking a drug test for volleyball (peeing in a cup)When she came out after the "test" I asked her if she passes and she said, "I don't know!" Duuuuuu
Now THAT is funny!
Great site, Panda Mom. Your little girl is absolutely adorable. I have some questions about your Monday playgroup. Can you email me at amaulsby@ti.com? Thanks!
I know I heard this story in person, but I love the picture as well. Our computer has been on the blitz, but Daddy Spice got the new ($$$) part it needed, and we're back up and running. I looked at him with "withdrawls" saying, "You are going to fix this tonight aren't you?" He's a good man.
That story is hilarious!
I didn't know you were a Baylor girl! We missed each other by a few months. I started in the fall of '93.
Laugh Out Loud!!!!
I'll echo Funderstorm on this one :) And I'm still waiting to hear about another blonde moment that was mentioned to me...
Post a Comment