Thursday, November 09, 2006

Secret Garden...



Nestled so secretly in-between two of our church buildings is a quaint little prayer garden that most people forget about. We were walking to and from one of these buildings on Tuesday and I just happened to have my handy-dandy camera with me so PG and I caught a few photo opps. There is even a little stream of water rolling over beautiful rocks surrounded by vivid foliage. I am always captured by the beauty of God's creation. I easily get lost in the wonder of how perfect all of His creation will be in heaven. If some things are so pretty here, I can ONLY imagine how captivating everything will be when all is made whole and perfect. Ahhhhh. Thank you, Lord, for your paintbrush.

8 comments:

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

Wow, how pretty this time of year!
PG really looks so much older- amazingly older!

Mommy Spice said...

I had no idea that was there. You're going to have to show me some day.

JenLo said...

Wow, that's gorgeous!

Mommy Spice said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Funderstorm said...

I remember that place...it is beautiful. :) I'm glad PG can appreciate it as well. She's growing so fast!!!

Funderstorm said...

It can be her special place!! She's growing so fast!! Don't blink!

Gloria said...

Well, this blog is very special to me, Jana, because I saw that awesome little creation, garden/bridge/flowers/stream when I first visited your church and thought that it was absolutely tops, so serene, beautiful and peaceful looking. I loved it.

Equally...ironic however...you named your blog "Secret Garden" and about 2 weeks ago...as I was doing my daily journaling...as you know I love doing. I scribbled out one of my quick poems to God as my prayer and named it "My Secret Prayer Gardens" (our minds must run on a lot of the same wave links ha ha) Secret Gardens... (I sorta think you might appreciate this one as well)...to HIs Glory.

Lord, Father...what must it be like, as you VIEW your world below...
What must you see every moment, and hear words that hurt you so...

What must it be like to see the sins of your children, as you watch from above...
Oh, how it must break your heart, to witness the ugly actions of those you so dearly love...

But Father, I just want to take a moment, a Special time to THANK YOU in a special poetic way...
For giving me the awesome gift of Grace and all my "Secret Gardens" where I come to you and pray...

Lord, I thank you for my pillow, so soft, warm & peaceful each & every night...
Where I come to talk with you, to say thanks for my day, but also help me in my plight...

Lord, I thank you for all those many times, we've talked.. from favorite rocking chair...
As I bury deep in my troubles, study your word & write about my despair...

Lord, I thank you for our Special times when I drive on a Traffic filled road...
And whisper words to you about Others needs & my burdens I unload.

Father, you see me sitting and crying, beneath my beautiful,lush green trees...
You hear me begging for answers,
frustrated on humble bended knees.

But JOYFUlly, I praise you, Lord, for daily blessing me, regardless where my feet have trod...
To hear birds singing, to watch nature and flowers breaking through the sod...

Each delicate little flower, so colorful & beautiful, each tender little leaf...
Equally reminds me, to ENJOY everything, as our time is so brief...

I truly LOVE my "Secret little Gardens of Prayer"...my Special time spent with You...
These treasured Secret times, that I stop to share my heart in all that I do.

THANK YOU LORD, for all my SECRET little places ...that ONLY YOU CAN SEE...
THANK YOU, for a being a God who
loves, created and takes care of me!!!
Thanks for spending time with me, Lord! Your child.

GloryandGrace said...

Hey Geek, what good is a phone if you never answer it???