
Fifteen years ago today PandaPop and I went out on our first date!!! Fifteen years??? That is a long time. If you read my previous post you saw that we met three days earlier. My eighth grade cousin was in his youth group where he was the Youth Minister. She had been trying for a month or so to introduce us and neither of us were interested at the time. Finally I got the curious bug to see what he looked like. He had just seen a picture of me and I thought it only fair for me to see him, too. I planned to go pick up my cousin from the Wed. night service at church with my aunt and possibly get a glimpse of him. As we pulled up in my aunt's huge red Suburban the entire youth group huddle around the vehicle and were yelling to PandaPop, "She's here!! Come out and meet her!" We were both in shock of what was going on, but I think loving it, too. We met, had an exchange of kind words and ba..dum..bump. The next night we had our first phone conversation that lasted SIX HOURS!!!! We hit it off great. A couple of days later we went on our first date. We chose to see Disney's Beauty and the Beast. LOVED IT! Maybe I just loved being at the movies with this new guy that I fell for so quickly. After that we got some late dinner and went back to my home out in the country. It was cold and a full moon (or at least a nice bright one), all the gorgeous stars were twinkling and I was wearing my date's jacket. Yeah, we moved fast for a first date, but after that six hour phone call I think we knew something was clicking. He had already asked me if he could kiss me and I said, "No, not yet." Then just standing under that awesome moon, stars above, cold country night air, in the arms of this really cute guy.......oh yeah, I couldn't wait any longer. I laid on one big fat long moonlight KISS! I will always remember it! One of my favorite chick-flick movies is Serendipity. In it there is a song called "Moonlight Kiss" by Bap Kennedy. I melt when I hear this song. The words are so perfect accept for one line towards the end about "having another" that doesn't really fit in with my wonderful dreamworld! HA! Other than that I am putty in his hands when I hear this song. I also love the scene in the movie when it plays. Sarah and Jonathan are ice-skating in the softly falling snow at that big ice-rink in NYC with the Christmas tree light in the background. Yeah. I love it. Smitten. The image of the guy and girl kissing is so perfect that I think it was drawn of us. I just "googled" it. My hair used to look exactly like this drawing. I had to have it along with this post. Too perfect!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

5 comments:
Happy Anniversary!! Daddy Spice and I have our dating and marriage anniversary in December. Isn't itfun remember all of those romantic details? We had our first kiss after watching "White Christmas." We will celebrate 18 years together on Dec. 9... 13 years of marriage on Dec. 18.
CONGRATULATIONS AND CONTINUED BLESSINGS OF MANY MORE (15th) ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATIONS.
Yes, even from our perspective as parents... and memories of that period of time and events of your BEGINNING together ...it was wonderful to see the SPARKS fly, the joy and LAUGHTER, giggles and cute snuggles & starry eyes between you two. It's still just as neat EVEN TODAY to see that the spark is still there. We couldn't be happier for both of you.
Love, M/D
Oh yes...forgot to say...your GOOGLE PICTURE that you imported..ha ha ...is truly PEEERFECTLY FITTING! LOVE IT.
Happy Anniversary love birds!! :) I love your story of how you met. Too sweet. I too, love the movie Serendipity! So romantic. :)
I am married to my best friend and soul mate, it's nice to hear of others who share this as well. The media shows so much of the other, it's good to see love going strong after 15 years!
Thanks for sharing this story!
Post a Comment