
We had a whirlwind of a time visiting family for Thanksgiving, but are so blessed to have our health, family and a loving God who showers His grace and mercy on us. Thank you, Jesus.

This is a family we have known for 15 years. Actually PandaPop and the other dad were best friends in high school and the other mom and I became friends in about April of 1991. My last post shows that PP and I met in Nov. 91. One week later PP wanted me to meet his best friend. I introduced him to my friend. We all hit it off and were engaged within weeks of each other and married two weeks apart. We live away from each other, but dearly love being together. A special blessing was to eat lunch and hang out on Wed.

PandaPop's parents have bought land on which to retire in a couple of years in our hometown. My parents live a few miles from it as well. We haven't lived there since 1993, but would love to one day move back there. The land is called "The Triple C" named for three generations of us with our last name starting with C. It is beautiful!!!!!!! The pic above is all of us with shirts that have a logo for "The Triple C".

On the land PandaGirl had an amazing time playing with the freedom to roam the area and ride this adorable tractor all by herself. So fun!

PandaPop's mother invited some of their family from Oklahoma to come for Thanksgiving to the Triple C. Since there is an old house that needs remodeling and not much room for the whole turkey dinner shindig we decided to forego the traditional meal for a Fiesta with Mexican Stack-ups for food and a pinata for kicks! We also had a surprise 60th birthday party for PandaPop's father.


I love this pic of PP and PG roasting marshmallows over the fire to make S'MORES!

On Friday we went with my parents to a huge buffet place and to see Happy Feet. Darling movie, but you HAVE to see the documentary March of the Penguins to get the whole accuracy of the kid movie. Priceless!

When visiting this set of grandparent's home we discovered that the next door neighbors have a donkey and a burro. Very funny to walk right up to them and they come trotting over for some people lovin'. Smile.

PandaPop and I love our family, but are at the stage that it is really nice to come back home and do our thing our way. I guess Dorothy had it right when she said, "There's no place like home." We came home early Saturday morning to our sweet Miao who really missed us and then put up our Christmas decorations. This is Miao's first Christmas so he had a blast batting all the ornaments on the tree which are right at his level.

Putting up Christmas decorations would not be complete in our house without watching White Christmas as the icing on the cake. We LOVE this movie! I so want to visit the lodge there in Vermont with the dreamy circular indoor fireplace and quaint charm of the little place. PandaPop keeps trying to convince me that it was only for the movie and doesn't even exist!! Well, a girl can dream, can't she?........I'm dreaming of the lodge in the movie....imagine this to the tune of White Christmas. ; )

9 comments:
Looks like fun. The land is beautiful. We missed you guys and can't wait to see you again. And no, we will not make it to Lilly's party. We are going to the doctor instead... what fun. S.G. still have fever and sore throat.
Ahhh... such a good time! We did the same thing w/ our tree and lights when we came home! Our kitties had a ball as well! Oh yes, and we LOVE LOVE LOVE White Christmas!!!!
I still havent see White Christmas and I am a Christmas freak! Oh dear
What a great non-traditional Thanksgiving! Looks like you had a good time.
I love your family pictures. They will only get more valuable as time goes by! Now...on to Christmas. I already feel behind.
Looks like yall had a great time. The "Triple C" looks beautiful. Next year I think we are just going to stay home and do our own dinner. My family was way too grumpy for me so we did not stay very long. We had a great time that evening with Gary's family.
You need to go to my blog!!!!
Your pictures turned out great!!White Christmas's hotel does exist in my dreams too. I'll go there with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
maude
I could go for a Mexican Fiesta! And Miao is going to have a great holiday with all those ornaments. Just wait till she climbs the tree!
What a nice time! I love all of your traditions! I too am a big White Christmas fan. :)
Glad to see you had a nice Thanksgiving weekend.
I thought of you last night when I saw "Elf" come on TV. I didn't get to watch it because we were busy watching "Superman Returns"!!! Woohoo!!!
Did you get the voicemails I left for you last week??
Post a Comment