Woke up this morning ready to make homemade pancakes and very excited to be "off" of work for a holiday. Now that I am working five days a week I REALLY appreciate the time being at home and with my family which is where I am supposed to be. Smile.
Went here today looking specifically for a kitchen island for the new house we are moving into next week. Found one and can't wait to show you!!!! It is sooo awesome and waaaaay better than what I was even thinking of! Woohoo!
The COOLEST thing happened when we got to the store. I've only read about other bloggers actually getting meet people they have been blogging with in person, but today it happened to me!!! We were walking out of the restrooms gearing up for the 26mile hike through the store's maze when I looked up and instantly recognized a blogger mom with a little girl from Taiwan. I immediately said, "Hey! Aren't you a blogger and this is your daughter, Laney?!" What a hoot!!!! We live just about 45 minutes away from each other and had communicated awhile back when we first looked into adopting from Taiwan. It was a GREAT and FUN meeting! You can check them outHERE!
Aren't these just the CUTEST little cups and snack bowls from IKEA?
Have been wanting a stair-step spice rack forever and finally picked one up at The Container Store. Love looking at all my spices now! LOL!
Made this yummy cherry pie from scratch. Helloooooo Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream.
PG, PP and I sorting construction paper for the new Kindergarten class as volunteers.
Don't you just LOVE to sort things?! ; )
Well---thankful for the long weekend, but it's back to the grind in the morning....thank you, LORD for the job!
Monday, September 01, 2008
A Little Bit-O-Fun...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
Happy Birthday- guess you have your pie and eat it too? hahaha- love love the containers/snack stuff and what a perfect pie!!!!!!!! I am such the island person- can not Wait to see what you have found!!!!!!!!!!!
yes, for whatever reason, I have had today the 4th all day! I guess cause Labor is usually on the or around the
4th=)
I made pancakes too this morning! I had to laugh when I saw PG pouring the batter. Mallory helped do the same thing. She loves being in the kitchen with me.
I am sooooooooo jealous that you live near an IKEA. I have been to an IKEA only once when we flew to Chicago for our travel group reunion.Oh I had so much fun in that store. Such great prices!!!
Love those little bowls you bought. Have a great week at work!
I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who loves to sort and saw the absolute beauty in that stack of nicely sorted construction paper! Praise God for your job...I know that you don't like the thought of working, but the end result will be so worth it. Y'all are in my thoughts and prayers!
K.
we have those little cups and bowls too. THey come in so handy. I have all of our construction paper sorted by color and then in "rainbow" color order- just like we did the shirts when I used to work at Miller's Outpost WAY back when. I just LOVE school supplies!
Wow, lots of baking this weekend. That cherry pie looks delicious!! Hope you have a super week. At least it's only 4 days.
We met the same mommy and daughter at the mall one day. Small world.
I love how you find joy in all things, big and small, as it should be. I am totally into organization and containers and sorting! I am what I call an organiztional wannabe. I try really hard to get things organized and keep them that way but "nature" works against me on the part of keeping it that way. But I keep trying!
You sound like such a fun mom! :)
Sorry the fundraiser at my blog was not the success I wanted it to be. I know God will bless your adoption!
I love IKEA!! The bowls and cups are fun. Can't wait to see the new island :)
looks like an amazing time..and that pies looks too good to be real! Pass me a slice! :)
Post a Comment