
Oh me oh my. 38?
I have always loved my birthday and tell everyone that it is to be celebrated with joy!
Last night I went to check my email and my precious mom sent me an e-card. When I opened it up I noticed the pictures and music were pretty, but when I went on to read her writing or rather, her heart, I couldn't help but let the tears stream. I called her immediately and told her that those words were THE sweetest she had ever written to me. She is a phenomenal writer by God's gifting. I have seen her talent at work countless times over the years. However, today those words pierce my heart and I am forever grateful. Thanks, Mom. (My middle name is Dawn so that's why 5:34am is significant. She named me for the sunrise and new beginnings).
Here's exactly what she wrote:
Seasons come, and seasons go, but nothing surpasses that early morning horizon of pink skies 38 years ago when I awoke to the greatest change of my life. Excitement was in the air. Fear of the unknown wreaked my mind and nature took over my body. My heart raced out of control. The streets were empty in the early morning hour. The fresh autumn air filled my craving lungs. Mystery lay ahead. My beloved husband & precious little son & I rapidly gathered ourselves together for a new journey. They both lovingly patted me & rubbed my arms & back, knowing there was nothing anyone could do to change the events of the moment. No words were needed, though they came softly & kindly from both. The beginning of a new day: the "Dawn" was breaking, the surprise, the joy ruled. For GOD spoke LIFE ... blessing ...changed lives...and at exactly 5:34 AM a new little girl entered this earth... with a wrinkled up little nose, & tiny "rose bud" lips that whispered, "Happy Birthday, MOMMY ...(& Daddy)

18 comments:
That's simply amazing. What a special gift your mother has for writing. This is definitely a special keep-sake. Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday! :)
Happy Birthday, PandaMom!
My birthday has always been HUGE! My Parents always made me feel very special on my big day. At 34, I still think of my birthday as a day of celebration (actually I celebrate the whole month of Feb. as my birthday month)!
Have a Great Blessed day!
Hugs to my Blogger Friend! New Beginnings are definitly coming your way!
Happy Happy Birthday!!! Now we know why you are such a gifted writer!! Blessings upon blessings to you Sweetie Pie!!
Love you to pieces!
This is so, so touching! Thank you for sharing such a special gift. You are gifted and talented with writing from the heart, just like your mommy.
Wishing you the happiest of birthdays.
Love,
Lisa DAWN
Happy Birthday Panda Mom!
Happy Birthday! I finally got the right day!!!!!!
Wow. Those are beautiful words from your mom - I'm glad your birthday was special. You certainly deserve it.
Happy, happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday! What a wonderful gift that you will be able to treasure forever! Hope you had the best birthday ever!
Love you bunches!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!! EVEN THOUGH I'M A DAY LATE.
we need to hang out soon.
Wow. I would be moved to tears too. I love how you were given your middle name. Hmmmmm, this may also explain your need to wake so early in the morning. My middle name should be Midnight....LOL!! I hope you had an awesome birthday.
Your mom IS a very talented writer, reminds me of my dad...I did not inherit that from him like you seem to have from your mom. I hope you had a very happy and blessed birthday!!
I sat here and cried and tried to read through them. That is so beautiful and I totally understand how she feels about you! What joy and love you have and are so blessed. And you are passing that great love on to your sweet girl, what a legacy!!! Happy Birthday!!
Happy Birthday. Your mom sounds lovely! What a gift she is!
Happy Birthday sweet girl....I got your email....I have been so busy and worried about Emmie I have hardly had time to get back to amyone. I have kept it, so i will get back to you about it this week.
Have a wonderful weekend.....love you!
Hugs,
Steffie
Those words are so beautiful they made me cry.
Happy Birthday!
Happy, Happy Birthday!!!
OH my....I must have missed this post while we were at the beach....I am sitting here wiping the tears! You Mother is most definitely a gifted writer.....and oh what a gift to you...her precious words of the love felt that early morning at dawn when GOD gave her His most precious of gifts!
Happy belated birthday my sweet friend!
Love you!
Denise
Post a Comment