You know the rest of the ridiculous nursery rhyme. What a harsh way to treat a baby.
Well, that is, if you can get one.
I am so sick and tired of this song and dance of trying to add to our family. We love PandaGirl so much and if God finally says she is all we get, then what a blessing. However, WHY has He put it in our hearts to have another yet we can't ever seem to get them?
Why all the yammering from me?
We found out the little boy we have a picture (not a referral) of from Haiti is not going to work out for our family. Turns out that he is VERY sick with several critical issues, struggling to hang on. It makes me cringe to think about not continuing the path to him after so much prayer, but we just can't go on with that adoption. Please don't judge. If you have never gone through an adoption process you have no idea how painstakingly awful it is. The decisions to accept or not accept certain aspects of a child is heart-wrenching at best.
I am at a loss. What do we do? God provided this new job for me to provide for an adoption. I certainly wouldn't have gone out just for fun and gotten a job. That in itself is stressing me out like crazy.
I cannot begin to tell how many times we have attempted to adopt since December of 2004. Our poor PandaGirl is so confused about who/when/IF she will ever have siblings. She is so faithful to pray for them and then::POOF. "Sorry, baby girl, nix THAT one off the list because we aren't adopting them after all." I guess it's just a front and center life lesson for PG to learn how our plans certainly aren't God's plans and that we must trust Him though we don't understand. She even cried last night when we told her we weren't pursuing "Name we've been praying for" because he was so sick we couldn't get him. What kind of message does that send? Is she thinking that if SHE gets sick we won't keep her either? Who knows what goes through her little mind? She can't comprehend the depth of his sickness and that it isn't just a cold to take medicine for and get better.
We haven't called off Haiti, but seriously, we are at a holding point. I think PandaPop and I have come to the conclusion if one more shot at getting a kid doesn't work out then we'll just forget it and move on as a family of three. Can't imagine that because, again, WHY would God have put it so deeply in the desires of my heart to have more than one child and not let us have them? Crazier things have happened.
To my church friends who read this: sorry. Sorry that you will see me at church with a smile and my usual giddy spirit and wonder "is she faking it"??? Well, nope. I have been really sad and down about this whole thing. Pity party for some time now. The only reason I can smile and be joyful is because of the hope I have in Jesus. I know God is in control. I can't possibly understand Him. Though I know the Truth-- I have to fight not being even a little mad at Him for "doing" this to me. I sat this week with a young teen in a speech therapy session at work who probably has drug-laden babies all over the place from all his unsacred relations with young teen girls whose babies will more than likely be neglected and abused. I can say this with confidence because he has literally fried his brain by huffing and sniffing glue as a kid.
But HE and some little girl can bear children??? Makes no sense.
But, then again, neither does my free salvation from hell.
God is good all the time. All the time God is good.
Hope deferred makes the heart sick,
but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life.
Proverbs 13:12

26 comments:
My heart feels so badly for your disappointment. It's so hard to make sense of God's plan somedays. I'm praying for you.
Sorry Jana. But you know His plan is in His time. I love you and am sorry you are in pain. Know that we are praying for you.
My heart hurts for you, friend. Cling to The Hope...He is all you need. I look forward to the day that your family is complete (whatever that may look like) and we can rejoice with you!
I'm so sorry! I can't imagine the frustration you guys must be feeling. We're praying for you.
I just want to come over there and sit and hug you...and cry and laugh with you...and then go eat ice-cream together! Not fair that you live 20 hours away!
Oh my sweet Jana.....I am so so so sorry. I pray everyday for you...your family....and your future child(ren)! I have not walked one day in your shoes...so I have no idea of your pain....but my God does...and I am requesting that HIS grace to be sufficient right now...for you!
Bless your precious heart....thank you for being so deeply open here...you have the most beautiful heart...I cherish the friendship we have formed...and I love you dearly, sweet friend!
Please let me know how to pray for you...because you can count on me to carry it to Jesus' feet!
Sweet Blessings!
Denise
Sweetie, my heart is breaking for you. I don't even know what to say. We will be keeping you in our prayers. Hugs, hugs, hugs.
Love you to pieces
My heart is breaking for you and your family. I am so sorry and so sad for you that you are in a place of confusion and pain. I will definitely commit to praying for you as you pursue the Lord's plan for your family. You obviously have such a trust and dependence on Him....He will certainly bless that!!!
I am hurting for you and your family. I wish I could just give you a great big hug and amke things better. I love you and will be praying for you!
As I'm reading your post, I'm singing Revelation in my head, the song you introduced me to and I can't get out of my mind. I know, in a different way, these roads that seem to "dead end" and make you turn another way, but then you find that that's not the right one either. I know about having a dream in your heart, but not seeing it come to fruition. Don't give up hope.... Don't give up. Much love and prayers to you.
I'm so sorry. Many prayers for you and your family.
My heart breaks for you and your sweet family. Adoption has its joys and heartaches. Ours hurts are different, but please know I pray for you and your family. Hugs, b
I read your blog often. I don't think I've commented before? I thank you for sharing. I have not walked in your shoes, but I feel your pain. All moms can relate to each other. Continue your faith in Him. I'll keep you in my prayers!
I so feel for you..only you know what is the right thing to do.
It sure is a testing time for you all.
Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss. I wish I had comforting words for you, but know that your family is in my heartfelt thoughts and prayers. On another note, I know all your prayers have had to help this young boy through this time. Much love!
so sorry you are going through this! Yes God is good all the time.
I wish I were stronger, wiser & had a Magic Wand... that worked. lol
Dearest J...There are simply no words to say 'my heart'...so just like you,.... my tears flow, questions w/o answers follow, ~~~~tons of prayers and obedience n faith--- together....step by step, one foot ahead of the other until we find strength to grab His Hand ....again. I love you so much! M
So so sorry to hear of your loss - and this is, indeed, a great loss for you to bear. This adoption road is hard, hard, hard! But I find great hope in the last two lines of your post. Please know that I am praying for you...
I am just SO sorry that you guys are going through this heart-wrenching experience. I agree--sometimes it's just not fair. And thank the LORD He loves us enough to put up with our whining once in a while. I think Panda Girl will grow in faith from seeing you and PandaPop go through life's disappointments and get to watch you continue to put your trust in God. Hang in there because God has something special for you guys, yet!
I have no words...they all seem so trite!
I will just continue to pray...and pray...and pray!
Oh, friend... At the same time I'm brokenhearted and so very proud! What a testimony you are of walking in the Spirit. There is no other way to exhibit the grace your words have painted about this sadness. I'm so glad to be reminded that His grace is sufficient...enough said. We don't have to understand it to bask in it. So today, friend, I'm praying that you're MARINATED in His precious grace. LUVUBEYONDWORDS!
Oh sweet girl.....keep the faith....I have so been there with you....keep searching...your child is there....I just know it....I'll be praying for you!
Hugs,
Steffie
It seems so trite but wow, do we ever understand - I know God has a big plan, but sometimes it is just so hard to see it right where we are. Hold on - you know the end is always worth it!!
What?!.... Oh I am so sorry.
My heart is hurting for all of the Pandas!
Please know that you are in my prayers!
Renee
A friend told me that she told you about my blog and our adoption. I saw this post and it breaks my heart.
This is our first experience with adoption and we've encountered many delays and loads of cr@p (sorry if I offended anyone).
I wish I could give you a huge hug.
I've been hanging on to "this is all in God's timing" as I watch my girls grow up without me. I've been hanging on to God telling me that our oldest daughter is ours no matter who else we choose. It's hard, but I MUST believe it.
And I encourage you to trust God's faithfulness. God's timing is perfect, even it it isn't ours. God put that child in your life, even for a season, for a profound reason. Use what God is showing you, teaching you, and move forward. God will bring you the right child -- in His time.
Please feel free to e-mail me through my blog: http://jodiemalodie.blogspot.com/
Your Sister in Christ and through adoption,
Jodie
I'm coming in on this kind of late but oh how my heart aches for you. I know God knows His plan for you and I pray He will reveal it VERY soon so you can experience a feeling of true joy because you know your family is complete.
I know this is hard for PG, too. However, I just know this is refining her and building her character in the interim. Good will come from this period of unrest and uncertainty.
Keep the faith and hold on to His promise that He will never leave or forsake you.
Love,
Lisa
Post a Comment