Sunday, August 24, 2008

Let's Back Up a Bit...


Well, I am back. It was just a short break in order to gather my wits. Thank you for your prayers and for still commenting and checking on me.

THANK YOU TO WHOMEVER DECIDED TO ADD ANOTHER $100 TO OUR CHIP-IN ACCOUNT FOR THE ADOPTION!!!!!

We found a place to live and will move mid-Sept, I got a job and don't have to sub, PandaPop got all his stuff worked out for kicking off the new "year" at church, PandaGirl has three new loose teeth and I am seeing light at the end of this tunnel. ; ) Thank you again for the break and for being such good cyberspace friends!


I think I kinda left off my posting with our excitement over the Olympic opening ceremonies. Well, we had a blast getting a little table all set up in front of the TV with Chinese food for all the festivities. We must have forgotten from years past that the program was sooooo long. We ended at 10:00PM and watched the rest that we DVRd the next day. Good memories made!

A few weeks ago someone blessed PG with this darling "pre-owned" Jeep that really drives! Her Jeep sitting right beside her Daddy's black Jeep is soooooo darn cute!

Praise the Lord and hallelujah-----I got the speech therapy job!!!!!!!!!!

On Friday morning, Aug. 15th at 8:30am I got the call that offered me the full-time position at two different middle schools for the year. I cried when the HR person called me because it was an INSTANT knowledge that our adoption would be paid for and that GOD had completely orchestrated the whole thing! I can say that I don't want to work full-time, but this is a means to an end and that end being to bring our son home from Haiti. THAT keeps me motivated. I am already looking forward to being a SAHM again come the end of May. LOL!

PG making cupcakes in honor of heading off to Kindergarten on Monday.

PandaPop and I celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary on Friday night! Can't believe it's been THAT long! Whew! He dyed his hair HIMSELF while I was gone, because I was really tired of the nasty chartreuse green that was on his head....now THAT is a real man who can color his own hair! LOL!

My sweet baby PandaGirl starts Kindergarten in the morning!!!!!!! She is very excited, but nervous as well. I am glad that I have a full-time job to keep me occupied while she is gone to school. I was in dreamland the other day while on my lunch break of all the wonderful times we had during the two year span of our precious White Swan playgroup. NOTHING will ever replace those memories of watching our little Chinese cuties grow and play together at the park, the mall, holidays and each others' birthdays. All such sweet, sweet blessings. Good times. However, life moves right on along and we are now in a different phase. Can't wait to see and experience all that Kindergarten has to offer! Check back later for a "first day of school" update!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

First off congratulations on getting the job!!!! I can not believe how much Zoe has grown she is going to have such a great time in school :)
Welcome back to blogging you were missed.
Love ya!

Mommy Spice said...

Spicy Girl lays down in the bathtub like that too. P.G.'s hair is getting long.

S.G. ran into my bathroom this morning, while getting ready for church, and exclaimed, "I'm going to kindergarten tomorrow!!"

Please pray....going to visit a principal tomorrow that's an old team mate from another school. Heard there might be a 2nd grade position coming available.

Musings from Kim K. said...

Best wishes with the new job and sending off your daughter to Kindergarten. I loved the picture of your Olympic food display. Too fun.

Mrs. H said...

Congrats on getting the job. Hope you and Pandagirl have a wonderful first day of school. Loved talking to you the other day.
Love you!

Ashley said...

WOW!! Lots of excitement going on around the Panda-house. God is good.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy you got the job. God is good! I can't believe that school starts tomorrow and PG is starting kindergarten. Macenzie starts HIGH SCHOOL, o~my! She is very excited. She made the volleyball team so she is already pretty familiar with the school. The boys also start new schools this year, McKade will be at the intermediate (5th. gr.) and Mason will oficially be in JR. High(7th. gr.).

Jinglebritches said...

WOO HOOO and all that!!!!! So happy to hear all your God news!! My Shrimp turned 18 today (25th). He will be marching with his high school band in the State Fair Parade. Praying you and PG through the first day of Kindergarten. Toot will start on September 3.

Love you to pieces!!

Phat Girl said...

Congrats on your Job! God is Great!!! Your Son is waiting in God'd hands! It's in God's timing ALL GOOD things happen!

Also, Happy Anniversary!

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Wow so much has happened, congrats on your job and your wedding aniversary.
Good luck to PG on her first day at school, Thomas starts on Friday.

Cammie said...

Glad you are back! Congrats on the new job and on PG starting Kinder! What huge milestones!!

I am glad you got a 'chip in' on your adoption costs. I wish it had come fom my bloggers, but I guess it is a huge blessing for you either way! I am sorry my blog did not bring in anything but my chip in :(

Blessings to you!

Adele said...

So very proud of you, my kindred spirit, for getting the job! Way to go girl! Mallory lays down in the tub like that all of the time.
I love your "Olympics Party" meal. That looks like something I would do. I love your tablescape. So cute and very creative.
I love her jeep. How cool that is matches her Daddy's.
Also, welcome back to blogging. I missed you!!!

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

Super awesome shot in the tub! That has got to be one of the cutest pictures I have ever seen!
Really love PG longer hair- I am really glad for you that you got the job- have feeling once $$ roll in and adoption is taken care of- 2incomes will be easy to get used to! Hurray for the big kindergartener- hold on tight it goes super fast!

Terri said...

OOOO, love all the updates!!! I am excited for PG! Kindergarten is so fun! I am thrilled that you have been given confirmation for your son! That is awesome how God works!

Thanks for the prayers! They are much needed and appreciated! Love you Guys!

Phat Girl said...

Oh, by the way...I LOVE PandaGirl's hair in the tub! It looks like my hair when I first get out of bed each morning!!!

LaLa said...

Congrats on job, house, school etc... How did I miss that you are a speech therapist?? Annslee goes to a "language based" preschool through our school system. They suspect apraxia but haven't said it "officially" She uses the PECS system at home and school : )

Kim said...

Welcome back...it sound like God is providing for you guys in wonderful ways!

R and R Stacy said...

Congrats on your new job! That's great!