
Unbelievably I am actually laughing about this. I have to. I am so grateful to be a Believer in Jesus Christ. God is my heavenly Father. Jesus paid the price for me. The Holy Spirit "has my back". I can live in peace admist a backdrop of CRAZINESS! LOL!
Last August on my 15th wedding anniversary, wanna know what we did? We moved. We moved from a luxury apartment that was far less than luxurious three months after moving in it. Not my idea of how to celebrate 15 years of wedded bliss to my beloved, but I was grateful to have my beloved, still be happily married, have our daughter, be at a wonderful new church on staff and be healthy.
Guess what we are doing for our 16th anniversary this year in a couple of weeks??? Moving. Yep. You read that right. This will make my #14 in 16 years. Granted, PandaPop likes to remind me that for three of those moves I was REALLY sick with strep throat twice and once with a bronchial infection. I was quarantined to a back room all three times. Don't feel sorry for us. It's the life of a renter, I guess. The payoff comes when we don't ever have to worry about selling our house like a couple of our friends are desperately trying to accomplish and we don't have to pay for any of the "biggies" when they break. It all balances out.
The timing of this move couldn't be any worse. The reason we have to move is because our landlord decided they wanted their house back. Hmph. Here we go:
~packing, moving, blah, blah, blah....had way too many t-shirts for this one.
~PandaGirl starts Kindergarten on Aug. 25th...want to make it special, not stressful for her by moving.
~I just interviewed this past week to be a Speech Therapist full time with our school district. Last minute work and worry over getting this job. It will pay for our adoption and then some. REALLY want this, but have to wait on them to decide.
~Will be working full time no matter what...either with the above job or subbing. Haven't worked full time since 2003. Can you say stressed?
~Had already committed to PandaPop at the beginning of summer to teach the huge 6th grade Sunday School Bible Study class this year. Didn't know I'd be working full-time, too.
~Just finished all our adoption paperwork with current address. All has to be changed. Lovely.
~PandaPop has tons to do to gear up the Children's Ministry for the fall. He's great, but I carry his stress, too.
~Add in all the ordinary daily things like finishing up the summer Bible Study I've had at my home, decorating for a bridal shower this Saturday, planning the table and stage decor for a HUGE women's event this fall at church, meeting PG's K teacher this week, buying school clothes (SUPER FUN FOR ME!!!!!), finding a home for one of the mutts, getting the other mutt and the cat vaccinated for the adoption home-study, gathering more info for the home-study, playing the waiting game over the job and the new home to live in.
It's all good and everything will work out. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.
Anyone else need a plate for the Crazy Buffet along with me? Do tell. ; )

14 comments:
Man...and I thought 5 moves in 7 years was bad. You take the cake baby!!!
Hope yall find a house quick. How exciting meeting PG's teacher. I remember how excited I was. We may be coming to Dallas on Labor Day weekend, I will let you know!
I was wondering where the "Crazy Buffet" photo was leading. I will be praying for you and your family, my friend.
Oh PM! I truly don't know how you do it. I have been pouting over moving three times in two years! Ya know I have 278 boxes in very fine condition- I can deliver=)
Oh how I wish that 'FAIRY TALES" were true.
I would be Cinderella's Godmother and 'wave' my magic wan over you.
With a quick "Bippity-boppity boo" I'd bring a smile to your face.
I'd remove all these situations and all this stress... I'd erase.
But, regardless how I TRIED...
Honey, My "magic wan"...died...(lol)
So, based on my life experiences.
...I know... of No better way...
than to God, from my little corner,
FOR YOU, I continue to pray.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(for all three of you (& D/K)... and believe me, your stress is a very normal reaction...hang in there, dear one, lv ya)
Oh my! Wow that's an awful lot to have on one's plate. It sounds like much of what you have going will be an investment for your future--chiefly the funds you need to adopt.
I pray God will let you maintain your physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual strength during these ultra busy times and that you'll also maintain your fab wit!
Hang in there and hold on tight!
Lisa
Wow! I can't believe you have moved that many times. And I thought every couple of years was tough. We'll be praying that you get everything done.
Oh my chicken! (as pp taught the youth to say!) I can't believe that. I pray you will get things in order soon, that God will just lay it all out neatly and smoothly. It will all be even better than it was! God will bless your faithfullness! Love you!!!
OH wow, that exhausted me!
On a completely different note I read this story tonight and thought you would appreciate it and if you never watch American Idol perhaps you haven't even heard this song, but I thought the story behind the song brought incredible new meaning to it.
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=54139274&blogID=423067994
Hugs,
Brandi
I can feel the anxiety you must feel about going back to work outside the home full time. I will be praying for you and your family for ALL these things.
On another note, I have actually seen a store sign that said "Chin Hair Salon." No lie. In Irving. That's pretty crazy, too!
On my....best of luck sweet girl...keep us posted....you'll be fine and I will be keeping you in my prayers about your possible new job! ;)
I'm so excited about your adoption! I can not wait to hear more about it.
It does sound like some challenges going on in your life right now, but God is up to something and I believe that His plans for you will be full of blessings!!!!
Praying that God would bring you great comfort and peace through this time!
As a fellow SLP (though not working at present), I feel at least PART of your pain! You are in my prayers!
Renee
Post a Comment