Sunday, August 03, 2008

I Leave for a Couple of Days and This is What Happens???




Last week at VBS PandaPop challenged the kids to raise a certain amount of money for our missions emphasis and if they met it he would dye his hair green. Well, apparently they did it. LOL!!!! I think he looks so fabulous!!!! We got the idea because our Spicy Family friends did this a couple of years ago with the children's ministry where they served and we thought it was a great way for the kids to really "get" that their Children's Minister was serious about his work.



I====ADORE=====THIS=====MAN!!!!!!!

Now, on to my girls' weekend.....

These little chickadees below were my college best friends for two years. We met up at our local junior college and then all headed on to other pursuits with university or career after those two years. I LOVE these girls! We had so much fun back then and were very close in that short time period. Lots of pictures, laughs and memories made way back then. Over the years we have talked about getting together, but you know how that goes...no one ever makes the actual plans. Well, one of my sweets did and wahlah!---we did it! They all know that we are trying to raise money for our adoption so they all pitched in and paid my part of our hotel expense. Thank you, girls!!! We stayed up both nights talking until 2:30 AM and 3:30 AM. Y'all KNOW I am NOT a night person, so for me to stay up that late...it must've been good! ; )

The weekend couldn't have been more blessed. We had all prayed that nothing would interfere with our plans to meet and left the rest up to whatever tickled our fancy. We ate chocolate, looked at everyone's pictures, strolled down memory lane, shopped, laughed, cried, listened to each others stories over the last umpteen years, went to the movies, ate some more, checked out our wrinkles and completely enjoyed ourselves when some college frat boys tried talking to us!!! (No, we are not cougars! HA!!!)

This is us in 1991 on our very last day to hang out since one of us got married and moved out of state. We actually met up again the next year for her baby shower, but other than that we haven't really seen each other except on a few occasions and never all of us together over the years.

Friday night we went to a great Tex-Mex restaurant, sat outside along a very busy metropolitan street filled with "Friday night life" people. Fun, but very eye opening to my little "Christian Bubble" that I live in. It wasn't like I was in some foreign country, but rather 15 minutes from my house! Dallas, TX is a happenin' kinda place and I saw waaaaaaay more than I do on a normal basis. LOL!

What better movie to see with your best girlfriends?! I have to preface with the fact that the first half of the movie I was NOT liking it at all because of the overt sexuality and inuendo. I don't like that kind of humor. BUT------the music is all fun and then the movie got REALLY good! The actual Mamma Mia scene is probably one of the best ones on screen! SO incredibly FUN! Then there is a song that the mom sings about her grown daughter who is getting married and she sings "Slipping through my fingers..." After the first verse all four of us (who all have daughters) were BAWLING and handing out the tissues! We all want the soundtrack as a memory of our fabulous weekend together!

Saturday after the movie we ate at this very chic Japanese restaurant. You know I have PandaGirl from China, one girl lived in Korea with her hubby in the military and another in Japan with her hubby in the military as well. Yeah, we're all pros with chopsticks. ; )

I don't even remember how it got started, but while in college we somehow started taking "bathroom pictures" at every restaurant or place we went, so of course, we had to have one this weekend! LOL!

My heart is so full of thankfulness right now and I am reeling in from the range of emotions over the last couple of days. Now, it's back to reality and I have to go unpack!

21 comments:

Mommy Spice said...

I saw on P.P.'s facebook page that he was dying his hair green, so I had to tell D.S. about it. Love it!!!

We saw Mamma Mia this weekend too and had to get through the "cheese" factor, but then really ended up liking it. I wanted to grab a brush and sing into it with the actors. And, oh my goodness, I was tearing up so bad at the song she sang about her little girl growing up.

Cammie said...

I am SOOO loving your 80s hair!!

Glorious Expressions said...

Did the GRINCH steal Christmas... or just build a GREAT VBS FINALE? HA HA Cute of both of you as well.... We love it!

& Mamma Mia, so zesty, & greatest music...and so perfect for your college girlfriend reunion! ( I think most felt like Mommy Spice said in her blog...'grab a hair brush' for your mike & join in ! lol

Anonymous said...

LOVE YOUR HAIR PP!! Mac died some of her hair HOT PINK. It didn't last very long though. I am so glad that you had a great time with your BF's from college.

Brandi in TX said...

This is too funny. Saw this on his Facebook page. I am glad you had a wonderful time with your girlfriends. Hugs, Brandi

Dawn S. said...

Looks like fun!!!

Anonymous said...

I am loving the green hair and so glad you had a wonderful weekend with your friends.

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

I just love the pictures! PP looks good in green! How cool your girls weekend- looked like a blast!

Sturgmom said...

Dang- you had some HAIR girl!!!!!

Denise C said...

Panda Pop is so great to do this!!! His green hair rocks! hee-hee!
And...you my dear, surely had a fabulous time with your sweet friends!!! Thanks for sharing...I felt like I was right there with ya'll!
Hugs!!!!!

Sam said...

It's Voila, not Wahlah! It's French!

Although, wahlah is pretty cute!

Steffie B. said...

I just about spit my water out all over the place when his picture came up...that is great....love your girl weekend pictures too....I still can't get over all that hair you had! ;)

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

I think fun must find you! It seems like you are having it where ever you go. What a great opportunity you had with your girlfriends.

Loved seeing the then and now pix.

Glad you had so much fun!

Lisa

redmaryjanes said...

Just look at you gorgeous ladies! And man, check out that 80's hair from your early years : ) I think it is fantastic that you have kept in touch and are able to still get together.
And there's definitely something about that handsome man with green hair : )

R and R Stacy said...

Love the green hair! It's Fabulous!!!
Glad you had a great weekend with your girlfriends. I so need a day to relax with no kids....someday.
Love ya!

Terri said...

That is so fun!!!! and that hair! Tell PP it is so HIM! LOL! love ya!

mommy to six J's said...

WHAT A GREAT IDEA OUR PASTOR ALWAYS LETS THE KIDS THROW PIE IN FACE I WILL HAVE TO SHARE THIS IDEA WITH HIM FOR NEXT VBS CHAR

Ashley said...

How fun!! :)

~LL~ said...

LOVE girls' weekends. Looks like you had a lot of fun.

What's next said...

glad to hear I wasn't the only one who cried at 'slipping through my fingers'...
Glad you had a great time!

RamblingMother said...

way cool!