Thursday, August 07, 2008

Chinese Fever...



Around the PandaHouse we are breathing in all things China right now. PandaPop and I have always made a point to watch the opening ceremonies of all the Olympic games that have come along through the years. This year with the games being in Beijing, China, we are extra pumped about watching and PandaGirl is excited right along with us even though she really has no clue what she is excited about! LOL!

This Friday we are planning to get Chinese take-out and watch the opening ceremonies at home and enjoy all the hooplah surrounding the games.



We have also been very intrigued with Samantha Brown from The Travel Channel and her "Passort" trips to China. These shows have gotten PandaGirl thinking that China is the best place on earth! ; ) We have always told her that when she is around 18 years old we will LOVE to take her back to visit.


I didn't really like visiting China all that much when we got her, but there was alot going on during that time to where I didn't fully get to enjoy the culture. Now after watching these great shows.....I can't wait to go back---especially with my darling daughter and see it through her eyes.


Tonight on Larry King Live, the Steven Curtis Chapman family will be giving their story about the loss of their Chinese daughter Maria. Though their pain is unthinkable...God has again made something good come from something tragic. MILLIONS of people will hear about God's goodness despite pain through them.

8 comments:

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

mmm eating chinese take out while watching the opening ceremonies now that sounds like a great idea!

Terri said...

sounds like you have your focus in one spot right now, lol! Things just keep pointing you there, I guess. Enjoy!

Told Babygirl about the green haired PP and she smiled real big. I gave her all her old Beanie Babies and she found the duck she had. She thinks of PP when she sees it b/c she always just called him Mallard. Special memories!

Denise C said...

Yum...Chinese food!! Enjoy your good food and the Olympic ceremonies too!!!
I watch the Chapmans tonight...and just cried! What a precious family....honoring GOD in every breath...showing the world HIS grace! I loved Emily's statement about "His mercies are new each morning"...oh what words to live by...grace for the day...it is enough!
Love you tons and tons!!!
So when are you coming to TN to visit me???? *wink*!
Well....a girl can hope can't she???
~smile!

Steffie B. said...

I saw the Chapmans on GMA....I cried....I have not received your package....but I will be sure to let you know when I do! ;)
hugs....and have a great weekend.
Love,
Steffie

GloryandGrace said...

"Loos" very fun??? Check your spelling Geek...

And no, not everyone uses online names like we do. She's not the first to use her name when posting comments :)

Adele said...

Oh how fun!!! We had planned to do the EXACT same thing tonight until our plans changed to go to New Orleans for our anniversary. Our actual anniversary is August 15 but we are celebrating it this weekend since we can't get away next weekend.
So funny, I have been watching Samantha Brown's special on China as well. I love her. She is so cute and funny.
We are kindred spirits, my sweet friend.
I have been praying for you guys and your little blessing from Haiti. Wow, I am just SO EXCITED for yall.
Love,
Adele

Nikki said...

I thoroughly enjoyed the Opening Ceremonies last nite...INCREDIBLE...and I would also love to go back to China with Lily someday.

Also, watched SCC and his family, of course. They are such an inspiring family and they continue to bless my heart. (but my heart continues to break for them at the same time.)

Mommy Spice said...

Loved the ceremonies. Unfortunately, S.G. had to go to bed first, as we got home a little late and watched it on dvr. She wouldn't have lasted very long anyway. Hope y'all had fun.