If I lived in a time or place where I didn't have access to "Christian" music, would my faith be as strong as it is today? I honestly don't think it would. I am so moved by the lyrics and music to songs. The words that filled my heart this morning--while I was shopping at WalMart for groceries at 6:30 AM, with my Starbucks' white chocolate mocha and my raspberry iPod earbuds snug in my ears--ministered deep into my soul. It lifted my down spirit.
Today is the day that the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it....however, today is a hard one for me. Tonight my BFF (and her family) for over the last 10 years is spending the night with us. I won't see her again for three years. Three years? They are moving to the other side of the world to do what they have been called to do. I am thrilled for the new adventure for them and can't wait to see what God is going to do, but at the same time I have an ache pulsating my heart. We live 3 hours apart now, but at least we talk all the time and see each other three or four times a year. I am trying to anticipate what our "final" goodbye will be like. Will we boo-hoo like Lucy & Ethel or will we be brave like Lucy Pevensie? Either way, I know both of our kindred spirits will be weary for awhile.
My other BFF with a daughter from China moved 3 hours away two months ago. That still has my heart aching.
Yesterday I got the call from our new adoption agency that the little boy we wanted in Haiti was picked up by another family. I knew that very much was a possibility, but it still brought tears. God knows who our son is and has the time we will meet tucked safely in His hand.
My boss resigned yesterday. I really like her and am saddened to not be working with her this year.
Several friends and family are REALLY struggling with issues recently.
My church is going through some tough growing pains. I adore my pastor. I wouldn't want to be in any other church right now.
The realization that I am coming up on my 20th year out of high school is oh so enlightening.
How would I fare without the music to soothe my soul? I don't even want to think about it. I will just be thankful for the amazing rejuvenation that comes when the music reaches my ears.
God is good all the time. All the time God is good.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
How Would I Live, Really?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


13 comments:
Reminds of a song I sang my first year in choir ensemble at MRBC...
"When you can't trace His hand, trust His heart..."
I'm praying for you! At times, this world gets the best of us.....always remember God is in the driver seat. God is really in control, no matter how much we try to take the wheel.
Your Son is waiting in God's hands. He belongs to you. In God's timing, he will be in your hands.
I moved to TX 12 years ago...and I left so many great friends behind. It's hard moving away from friends who become "family". God has a funny way of bringing us back together.
If you need to talk, you have my email!
I'm praying for the PandaFamily!
Sorry to hear about your little boy. I'm sure your heart is breaking. Please keep us posted on your adoption journey.
((hugs))
I know how hard it must be to say goodbye, it is for me and I am not even close to having what you have together. But I, like you, can't wait to see what God does. Amazing!
Thanks for the note of encouragement. It means so much!
I know that God has just the right child to add to your wonderful family and is waiting for you in Gods time. Our prayer will continue to be with you through this.
Love you Honey Bun! Hugs.
I'll tell you the same thing I told her Sunday night ... "not goodbye -- just see ya later!" I know it will be tough ...
ok....I am out of my funk....email me and tell me what you want me to do for a post.....and send me a cute picture of the Panda Family as well......it's time to raise some money for that chip in.
How are things coming along? Where are you in the process?
Hugs,
Steffie
Praying for you today!
I'm so proud of you!
It is awesome to realize, especially when we are 'down' that
the word goodbye...is NOT to be used by believers---
We simply say, "UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN...
"Because He Lives' (Gloria Gaithers song--written directly from God for us)...today we joyful can sing and say....
"UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN'...and KNOW it is true! Forever
As to God's gift of music...
next to our salvation, family, health---MUSIC is GOD'S GREATEST GIFT for our earthly world.
It's so AMAZING when you stop and think that HE virtually creates every beautiful note, every instrument, rhyme, the words are really... HIS WORDS to heal and help us through situations down here that we simply cannot handle.
Then for every song that touches US in that most needed way---there was also someone else out there, somewhere...before us that God also TOUCHED when they sat down to CREATE... to write/play/record THAT song that reaches OUR need and brokenness.
HE loves the broken jars as much as the finest crystal.
Music is as necessary and radiant to OUR soul as the very breath of His Glory is to our heart.
He created IT TO BE JUST THAT!!! (and Yes--as the song says...He REALLY is
'An Awesome God!"
My heart, my prayers, my love...
I'm sorry your BFF is moving so far and I'm sorry about the disappointing--heartbreaking news--about the child you thought was your son, and I'm sorry about the many other things troubling you. I'm glad you have music to comfort you and that God speaks to you that way...He knows. He cares.
Praying for happier days.
Lisa
I just turned up my volume and soaked in that wonderful song...thank you for that!
I couldn't agree more about Christian music - it is such a wonderful tool to help us keep a song in our heart...the Devil tried to steal my song this week, but I praised my way out of it!!!!
Praying for you, sweet friend.
Keep singin'!
I listen to a lot of Christian music too. It does help to keep you on track.
I am sorry that your friend is leaving. I know that is really hard.
And I am sorry about the little boy in Haiti. I know how hard that is too. It's amazing how attached you can be to a photo and a dream. You try to distance yourself, but it just isn't possible.
I'm sorry for your sadness today...May the Lord bring great comfort to your heart!!!
I will be praying for YOUR little boy!
Post a Comment