This past week has been filled with lots of emails, phone calls and praying about this new adoption. I can't even start to tell you how many things have pointed to our new country of adoption!! The Lord is pretty funny in how He is revealing His plan to us. Since none of the plans we hoped would work out over the course of the last 4 1/2 years through adoption we are a bit cautious of going head-over-heels giddy about all of it this time. However....we have gone head-over-heels giddy. ; )
Total faith in God's plan. Patience. Holding on to the hope that He wants His BEST for us---not just something good.
Not much else going on. Wait---God blessed us with someone who helped out a bit with the adoption expense. Praise the Lord!
I did go to a two day conference for my preschool teaching job. Had fun with coworkers (for those of you who have been reading me for awhile know that the word "coworkers" always makes me giggle because it looks like "cow workers"!) and learning some new tips to do in the classroom. Bought a darling blingy-blue flower ring while there in honor of our son that we will be adopting. It is quite large and gaudy, but I LOVE IT! LOL!
I put the question mark because we are in the hurry-up and wait pattern. We have to get L-O-T-S of paperwork done for the adoption home study and for our new agency. Wait on this person, wait on that person, wait on the government, wait on money to come flowing down like manna, wait on knowing if we are getting the child we want or another one, wait on.....the list just goes on. Therein lies the place I don't want to bog myself down with the burden of this adoption. I have to remind myself MANY times throughout the day that the Lord is in control. When I try to take control I get all wierd, whiney, tight-chested, constricted and bound. As I recall, John 10 tells me that I am to live in the abundant life that Jesus Christ gave his life for. If I choose to be tied up in stress.....it's my own fault.
I want to choose to live freely.
Light.
Hopeful.
In Truth.
A friend sang a Steven Curtis Chapman song in church today which I have heard many times from the CD while toodling around in my car. Today, though she said a verse that popped out at me like a flashing light. Referring to God's perspective on life the song said, "To Him the future is history." THAT was so AWESOME!!!! I know God is omni-present, but to think of it with those words in mind allows me to REST in the fact that He knows the big picture. I am to trust Him.
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Summer Tid-Bits #5
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


14 comments:
Oh how exciting! You need to email me. I want to hear details. I NEED details. LOL. Seriously, drop me a line when you have time. I want to know what's going on with the adoption. I am just thrilled for you guys and I want to see that blue blingy ring. Sounds fabulous.
Have a great week, my kindred spirit. ;)
Know that God is able! I can't wait to hear more!
Okay...I came running in to my computer this morning hoping to see where it is that God is showing you!!!! So spill the beans already!!!!
dying to know in Florida...
Shelley
Well....your "sister in Tennessee" has figured out WHERE you are looking at adoption!!! OH yea.....go me go me go me !!!!! *wink*!
So email me!!!!
And...yes....you Adele and myself are most definitely sister separated at birth!!! (I love that comment you left for me, about the three of us!...made my whole day!!!)
And...of course...just like Adele said....I want to know more about that BLUE BLINGY ring too!!! The bigger the better...the "gaudier"...even more perfect!!!
Love you bunches!!!
I know you are so overwhelmed. The BEST is going to come out of this, a precious SON! I wish we would have been in Waco this past week so I could have seen you. Maybe next time! Love Ya!
Shelly
I'm very excited for the PandaFamily!
You know that you guys are in our prayers. I loved talking to you today! I can't wait to see where each of our families are in a year. That's so long, how about a month. LOL!! Love you guys!!
CONGRATS!!
:)jamie
Wow! I have obviously been away from your blog too long. I can't wait to find out more about this precious little boy. We will be praying for you. Give PG a hug from me. We miss you guys!
I'm so excited for you guys! What a blessing. Keep me posted. Love you guys - Hugs:) R
I have been praying for you and the picture I sent you! ;) *wink*
We'll all get through this together with Gods grace and mercy!
Best wishes with your new adoption. I'll look forward to following your journey.
Thanks so much for posting on my blog!! Your girl is adorable and I pray that your find peace and guidance on your next adoption journey. How very exciting!! By chance, have you ever lived in Kentucky?!?!?
i am beyond excited to have chatted w/ you today through Steffie and email ... I am bookmarking you right now ... i love your blog .. i love your honesty ... and i love your heart .. can't wait to get to know you better by praying with you!!!
Post a Comment