Thursday, January 10, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #25



Wow. It's been a long while since I have done a TT13. Right now I am in heaven at the library on my Mac laptop with total PEACE and QUIET!!!!! I adore PandaGirl, but this is a TREAT to be so grown up at the library on my computer ALL BY MYSELF!!!! Thanks, PandaPop for the break. I'll only be here a couple of hours so I'd better get a move on if I'm gonna do this post, check other blogs, my email and do a little web surfing. We don't have internet at home right now. I know that seems just nuts to you, but hey, that's how it is right now and I deal with it. Life is too short to complain when I am blessed beyond measure. Anyhoo, here goes my random TT13...

Things I like right now, heard at my house recently or am feeling at the time:

1. Got this DVD for Christmas and LOVE it!


2. After telling PandaGirl this morning that if she chooses to say she is "bored" then I will choose to take something away from her room or her art table. About three minutes later she stated from the other room, "I think it's about time I leave this house." I was CRACKING UP!!!! LOL!

3. I have read this book every few years since 1991. I encourage you to read it, too. It is very piercing to the soul. I am reading it again right now.


4. We went to the Orientation meeting to start our adoption journey. WOW! God is so incredibly personal. I begged Him to please show us the way to go to keep building our family since international just kept getting further and further out of our reach. He is so kind. Just like THAT He let me know in my spirit that we were to pursue adoption through our state. I have NEVER wanted to go this route, but now realize that this is THE path we are to follow to our children. We left our meeting VERY excited (and a bit anxious!) to see what lies ahead for our family.

5. PP and I are headed to Guatemala in a few weeks for a mission trip to an orphanage which our church has a partnership with. We are both so pumped about it! I went to Guatemala on a mission trip in 1991. PP has never been on an international mission trip. We are so excited to see God at work and using people like us to do it. Amazing, He is.


6. After #5 this is self explanatory. (Actually, I know lots of Spanish and can read it very well, but I haven't used it and REALLY need some practice before heading south. PP has his OWN version of Spanish. Needless to say, he needs this book. LOL!)


7. Just got this a couple of days ago and am VERY much looking forward to making some of the recipes. I don't like the name of the book, but let me just tell you that PandaGirl is going through this weird phase where she isn't liking ANY of her favorite foods anymore! AHHH! She has been a GREAT eater and is now not liking anything! Part real, part need-for-control I think. We'll see how Mrs. Seinfeld does with her secret ingredients! ; )


8. All week long I have been wringing my hands just WAITING for our friend who got married on Sat. to call me with the SCOOP! I am so smiling right now. I love knowing that this precious girl is on her honeymoon!

9. My heart is so ready to see my MommySpice friend on Sat. We are heading to their house for some Wii and some much needed catching up. Miss you guys and can't wait to spend time with y'all!


10. Can't WAIT to go see this movie!!! Everything these guys do is more than BRILLIANT!


11. Nissan Armada. Want this when the family expands. Reality or wishful thinking? ; )


12. Could use some of this right now.


13. Looking forward to THIS when our family grows! Now I can see why our trip kept being delayed. We have to wait for the rest of our family to arrive! ; )

9 comments:

Steffie B. said...

Beautiful wishes, hopes and dreams! ;)

Adele said...

Love this post. Also, let me know if that cookbook is a good one. I looked at it several times during the holidays at Books A Million but didn't buy it.
I, like you, am waiting until we get our other daughter before making the trip to Disney. I have never been so it will be an experience for all of us.
I will keep you in my prayers about your next adoption. I am so excited for you!!!! This is wonderful news!
I will keep you in my prayers as you go on your mission trip. I have several friends that go there on mission trips several times a year.

Loraena Tuttle said...

I am soooo excited to see how God leads in your next adoption journey! Ours turned out so differently than we had anticipated when we first started looking into adoption (I wanted to do China or Kazakhstan) but God had other plans and now we have our beautiful little Eliana! He is so good.

Sheryl said...

I didn't have so much luck with that cook book. It was obvious to everyone in our family that there was something different in the food.

We are so excited to see the new Veggie Tales movie too!

Mommy Spice said...

Awww, we can't wait to see y'all too. Spicy Girl woke up this morning singing, "Panda Girl" is coming over tomorrow. She can't wait either. She's making lots of plans.

We cannot wait to see the Pirates movie too. I almost mentioned us going tomorrow, but that would take away from our visit time.

I'm having my own cup of Starbucks right now. Yummmmm.

Terri said...

I always love reading your lists of random things! Makes me think about things in my life. I am so excited for you and can't wait to hear more details. I know God has more special children just waiting for their mom and dad, and big sister! Love you!

Nikki said...

Loved your list!
PG's comment cracked me up too!
I LOVED "Hinds' Feet" too - it was lifechanging for me.
I'm so excited to see how God expands your family...I have also recently given thought to domestic adoption. I'll be watching you all closely!
I saw pics of PG and SG playing Wii- too cute!
Starbucks is ALWAYS a good idea.
XO

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

This was a fun list! It sounds like you have many exciting things waiting in the wings for you and your family.

Blessings,
Lisa

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

What a fun post;)Loved all the pictures! Praying for your missions trip! And for future adoptions!

Hope you enjoyed your time alone!