It all starts with him. Yep, the best man in the world. You know him as PandaPop. Sixteen years ago he gave me my OWN day. I can hear you now, "Your OWN day?! Can you PLEASE tell MY husband to give me MY OWN DAY?!" I have heard this said more times than I can remember. I don't tell about it to boast and be haughty and in a negative way. I mean boast in a way that lifts up my precious man. He can't tell another husband to do this for their wife. This blessing came from his heart and it only works because he WANTED to bless me in a way that he knew could be repeated over and over again. Every year on January 31st I get to celebrate "PandaMom Day" (with my own name subbed for PM, of course!) and do what ever I want.
This morning we got up and PP and PG blessed me with writings in journals and drawings made special...just for me. Then we all went out to breakfast at Cracker Barrel for good ol' homestyle cookin' and now I am having some great quiet time at the library, later I will go home and do my nails, looking forward to watching the two hour season premiere of LOST tonight! What a day! Now don't go off thinking I have lost sense of reality or anything. I have to get my arm poked THREE times tomorrow morning at the doctor's office with a shot for our mission trip, a TB test and bloodwork for the adoption. Not fun. So for now I am enjoying MY day. Thanks PandaPop for blessing me more than you can ever imagine. You are my love.
As if I could stay sad long after my shots in the morning, I go straight to school to teach my 4 year olds all about Brown Bear, Brown Bear and have a fun Teddy Bear day! Then on Saturday we celebrate PandaGirl's "GOTCHA DAY"!!!!! This will be our 4th one to celebrate the day we "got" her in China. We have a tradition of buying a new charm for her bracelet and for lunch she has chosen Chuck E. Cheese. So we are in for a big weekend with lots of celebrating!
Remember! If you read my last post and you choose to do a "Wish List", please tell me so I can check it out! ; )
Thursday, January 31, 2008
This is the Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

18 comments:
Man...I do this on my birthday but you get one on an unbirthday...lucky you!! Oh, your hair looks awesome by the way!!
I am glad you had a wonderful day!
Daddy S. and I have been doing days for each other since we were dating. They are not any particular day. We would just wake up one day with plans in mind and surprise the other one with the fact that it was their special day. I won't tell you what we call it unless I'm talking to you in person, cuz it's awfully silly, and embaressing. I like that you get a specific day. Panda Pop is sooo cool!!
Happy Happy You day!!!! Can you believe it has been 4 years. Our babies are growing into beautiful young ladies!!!
Lobe you
No I dont have a special thing for your ear lobes.......
LOVE you
Hope your day was wonderful. Did you splurge with some chocolate? Did you see the sugar coated glasses and my mention of you on the blog? My girls are scary beautiful. sh still has no clue! - Thank the Lord. Made it almost through my first week of teaching. Look for some pics on it sometime this weekend! Love you, snowwhite.
HOW FUN!!! I hope you enjoyed your ENTIRE day!
I am so glad you had a great day. How sweet for him to do that for you every year. I know you enjoyed yourself.
I look forward to seeing your Gotcha Day celebration pics. Have a wonderful celebration with SG. You have such a beautiful family.Did you get my email?
Happy Panda-Mom Day and Gotcha Day!
What special celebrations!
BTW, any reason he chose January 31st? Just curious:)
Sounds grand! And please tell PG happy "gotcha" day!!! What a blessing. Praying for your other children to get there soon! God's timing is perfect! Can't wait to see who He has for you! Working on a wish list. Will let you know when I get it done! Love ya
Hope you had a great Panda-Mom Day and that your shots/blood drawing went okay. A mission trip and adoption -- those sticks were worth it, weren't they?!?! ;)
Happy (almost) Gotcha Day PG!!
you are so blessed girl.....I'm happy for you! ;)
Hop on over to my blog.....I am wishing too!
I hope your day was extra special! Have a blessed gotcha day celebration - it reminds me how long I have been blessed by your blog - b/c I remember your last GOTCHA day celebration - my how time flies! Sweet blessings!
Renee
P.S. Based upon your picture - you are looking really good - even if you do wish that pizza tasted better than salad!
That is so thoughtful of Panda Pop!!! I am glad you had a great day!!! Your little Panda girl is so precious! Love the cheetah look!!!
Happy PandaMom Day. That is so nice! Sounds like you had a wonderful day planned. Hope everything went really well.
Tell PG "happy gotcha day" from the Darling family. You "gotcha" self a wonderful daughter...so sweet, beautiful and kind. I hope she has a fantastic day tomorrow!!!
So glad you enjoyed your special day...you certainly deserve it!
Your husband is a wonderful man. Actually, you whole family is just beautiful
Post a Comment