Sunday, January 13, 2008
Yeah! I did it!
My whole life I had hair to my waist until I was 25. Then I thought I was ready to cut it. Nuh-uh. Wasn't ready. But my hair was already on the floor of the salon when I realized that minor detail. Now I did go for a month with the whole "Rachel" do from Friends, but it did NOT look good on me. So I then got it cut up to my ears! YIKES!!!! I was H-E-A-V-I-N-G and doubled over while my sweet man literally carried me to the car. I cried and cried and cried. I thought life was over. Stupid? Yes, but very real at the time. I then went on to keep it that short for 12 years! LOL! I have tried several times to grow it out only to get it a little past my neck and HAVE TO get a haircut. A year and a half ago I decided to finally let it "grow out", well this is as far as I got and I just didn't want to go on anymore. I got this cut last week and like it alot. It takes effort and I am not used to putting much effort into my morning hair routine. Seriously. I have never taken much time and standing in front of the mirror with a round brush the size of a tailpipe with the hairdryer in hand for 20 minutes is NOT my way of getting ready! We'll see how long this cut lasts. For now though it is a happy medium of some flowing tresses and a short "do" all in one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Love the cute short hair! I am with ya, sister, I HATE the hair routine! One thing I found that is a bit more do-able is the round hair brush that is also a dryer! Yup, a brush the size of a tailpipe that has warm air blowing out of it. Its a great thing! Love mine!
Looks great! I guess we both had the hair bug this week!
Good luck with all of your adoption plans! I can't wait to hear how it all goes.
I can not believe how long your hair had gotten. I love the new cut. It looks very good on you. I am now in the process of growing mine out(for about four mo.). We'll see how long this last.
You look fabulous! I love the cut!!!
Sue
Your new do is very, very flattering. It makes you look sophisticated and I hope you'll really enjoy it.
Have a great day,
Lisa
Very Cute! I love the new hair-do! When I first moved to Dallas, my hair was extremely long---almost to my rear, all one length, naturally curly. I started getting headaches, went to the doctor, went thru testing, and the doctor finally said, let's try cutting your hair! The cutting begun in stages. It's now a little above my shoulders! I no longer have "hair" headaches....and can not longer handle "growin" my hair out either...I love it short now.
Oh I love your new "do"! I think I'd probably get that tailpipe sized brush caught in my hair and never get it out! Oh dear! Thanks for the laugh! I love the comparison! ;)
You definitly are a cutie patootie!!
Love the new haircut! So chic!! You look great!
You look beautiful know matter how long your hair is! ;)
love the haircut...
glad you got to see Benjamin the other day...
i love taking pictures of that little guy...it's hard to get anything done- I just sit and stare at him! :) LOL
Post a Comment