This post is for our precious Spicy Family (under White Swan links as Hunan Spice). They are going through a very difficult time right now. We adore them. When God introduced us to them it was nothing short of a Divine appointment. I mean, we met in Home Depot for crying out loud and then went on to find out many things similar to the other. One of the things that is the same is that both PandaPop and DaddySpice are ministers....Children's Ministers to be exact. Yeah, I know, crazy. The road they got thrown onto last Friday is a road in which we have traveled as well. Yeah, I know, crazy. Part of being in the ministry means dealing with the decisions of other people. I know most jobs have this aspect, but there is a tremendous amount of emotional ties to being a vocational pastor and when those ties are stretched beyond what they can do...well, it makes for another valley. If you decide to go over and see what I am talking about then please know that being in vocational ministry has many blessings, but it also holds a side to it that most don't see. Being a minister's wife also carries MANY blessings, but having to watch your husband reap something negative from someone else is very depleting to the soul of a woman. PLEASE don't be disillusioned by God or his "church". God is good---all the time. People, however, well, people are humans and make terrible judgment calls from time to time. In this case the bad call effected our friends. When PandaPop and I were about to get our referral for PandaGirl (the pictures and paperwork to either accept or reject her) we found ourselves in the EXACT same position as the Spicy Family. We almost didn't get to go to China to get our baby. That is a whole post on its own. During that horrible valley we grew so much closer to the Lord and this song, "I Still Believe" by Jeremy Camp is one of the songs that carried us through. We knew God was in control and "had our back", but we still had to get THROUGH the valley to see some light. Praise God that we don't depend on human strength to get to heaven or to even experience joy here on earth. My dear friends, we love you and you know that. God is good---all the time. Much love. (Someone else made this video so don't be distracted by the iStock photo with the copywright on it...just listen to and read the words. They are the message to be conveyed.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Great post....I have been praying for them for almost a week now. Selfish, I know, but I'm so sad for myself. They (the powers that be) have hurt my friends. :( BUT GOD!!!! He is in control. He is still on the throne and He will bless this family. He will fill this family with blessing, pressed down, shaken together and running over!!! Can't wait to see what is in store for them now!
My eyes are burning with tears. Thank you so much my sweet friend. I know the song, but it's something else to look at the words. I will make sure D.S. sees this. Today I have felt peace. I KNOW He has a plan for us. I know it's in the works. I can't wait to find out what it is.
LL, who posted the first comment is a very good friend from church. I love her dearly.
I don't even know M.S. but feel like I do. I hurt for them, but know God has a great plan waiting on them! I am so blessed to know yall personally. You are such a great and true friend. Love you guys.
Thank you friends. We love you and we still believe. DS
What a caring and empathetic friend you are. I am very sorry for the valley this sweet family is now walking in, but I feel certain God will lead them through and they will be on the mountain top again.
My dad was in ministry for several years and encountered similar things and it is so easy to get frustrated and become disillusioned. The battle wounds can be more than one would ever expect...
May God bless you and your tender heart and continue to give you words (and hugs) to minister to this hurting family.
Blessings,
Lisa
Praying here in the "Frozen North"
May His peace fill them
May His love enfold them
May His strength uplift them
May His truth be revealed in them
"Be still and know that I am GOD" Psalms 46:10
Can I join the "Spice Sisters"?
I could be "Freeze Dried Spice"
:o} Love you to pieces.
Not sure how I ended up here today, but have had your family on my heart lately. Sorry to hear about your friends... ministry can be hard.
Hope all is well with you and yours. Give our love to your crew.
You know we're not in Texas anymore, right?
jphollan
That song gets me everytime...I've been praying for the Spice Family as well. Both of your families have been such a blessing to me here and your faith is inspiring. I also look forward to seeing what God has in store for them.
What a great post...what a great friend. We will keep this family in prayer and hope the clouds part soon!
Funny...I've been searching for a song to help me through our adoption process. I thank God I clicked onto your site. The Vietnam adoption program is full of uncertainty right now...I needed to "Still Believe".
Thanks!
Post a Comment