This little children's book page is from a Suzy's Zoo Fall is For Friends book. The page says,
"Suzy Ducken loved everything about fall. She loved wrapping herself in big cozy sweaters. She loved crisp apples and big orange pumpkins."
Yep. That pretty much sums me up! It should read: "PandaMom loves..."
When I taught Kindergarten and First Grade at private schools my room was completely decorated in Suzy's Zoo stuff. I think Suzy Spafford's art is totally ADORABLE and it makes me want to live in her little world...well after I have lived a long full life in The Hundred Acre Wood, of course. No, I don't need therapy. I just love cute things and these drawings are cute.
IT HAPPENED!!!!! I woke up this morning and what a lovely treat to open the front door to a WONDERFULLY cool fall breeze blowing against my skin!!! In Texas it is really only a teaser, because it can still be hot clear into October, BUT---it gave me HOPE! Fall is truly on the way to my house! Pumpkins, caramel apples, football, spicy candles, new recipes, sweatshirts...ooooooh, I'm getting excited just typing about it!! Yes, I am passionate about fall weather. It is just the beginning of the amazing next few months which culminates with my Saviour's birthday party! (That's C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S in case anyone forgot WHY we celebrate Christmas in the first place).
Well, I am off to go help Miao who got himself stuck in a sticky-pad mouse trap a few minutes ago (and completely FREAKING himself out!!!) being in a place he SHOULDN'T have been! Now he is limping and has sticky paws. Ding Dong Kitty.
I just "googled" the last three pics. They make me happy. ; )
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
IT HAPPENED THIS MORNING!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
I love this about you. I love Fall, but apparently, I don't have a love affair with it!! I was pondering when I realized I loved Fall...I think it was after I met you and saw it through your eyes. Yankee candles, pumpkins, falling leaves, cozy times of year. Thanks for being transparent. Love you.
Isn't fall grand? I love for many of the reasons you named, especially the football and caramel apples, but its also such a cozy time of the year and I love making a big pot of soup or eating my mom's apple cobbler/pie. Where I live, some of the trees are already showg signs of changing. Yay for fall!
I am so with you....fall is my all time favorite! Even though it is in the 80's here too this week I am burning my Yankee pumpkin spice candle, planting fall mums and ready to pull out the fall decorations! The best!
Oh I just love fall. I wish we would get some cooler weather here soon though........
It felt so good this morning. I'm ready to pull out the fall crafts at school.
I too love fall. Today was very cool outside and I just loved it. It's going to be downright chilly tonight, so I put Eli in a warm sleeper and bundled him in for the night.
I am a summer girl, but I have to admit I am excited that a change is in the air...we went to the Cider Mill on Saturday and it was so fun. I am also enjoying the cool nights. Great pictures!
I love "Fall" too as all my American friends like to call it! :) Love reading all your reasons why you love it! Actually here's a funny thing. My aunt was going to New England in the fall for her holidays (or vacaction :))and this is how the conversation went with my sister:
Aunt: We are going to New England in the fall
Sister: Oh how lovely, when are you going?
Aunt: Ummm, in the autumn.
My sister actually thought "New England in the Fall" was the complete name of a place not realizing the fall part meant autumn....."maybe I'll go to New England in the Fall next spring!"
LOL, sorry this is maybe just silly Irish humour.....anyway, enjoy "fall", I am looking forward to it this year because where we lived before our seasons were just summer and spring, now in our new place we experience all 4 seasons! Yeah!
Love the pic you posted today also of PG!
I totally agree with you about Fall! I finally come alive around Labor Day after suffering all summer. We are getting a nice hint of fall this week in Illinois, but I miss New England falls (where I grew up). Anyway, time for mums, pumpkins, and apples! And sweaters!
Post a Comment