Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Busy Weekend!



Friday was "Razzle-Dazzle Red Day" in my four year olds' class to celebrate the first day of fall! My FABULOUS co-teacher and I had all the kids wear red and she and I along with our daughters wore "dog-ears" just because WE CAN! Had a blast! (The pic is so small because I edited out our shirts. They have the name of our church right at the top and...well...I don't really want y'all knowing exactly WHERE we go to church. That would kinda ruin my false sense of security now, wouldn't it? LOL!)

PG doing a little "scootering" outside and enjoying the wee-bit cooler weather...well, at least it's not in the upper 90's anymore. LOL!

Saturday was the big "Bling It On!" women's event at our church which I have been working on. Did you know that Zech. 9:16 in the NIV Bible says this..."they will sparkle in His land like jewels in a crown."??? That was our theme verse for the day. It was absolutely adorable, fun and I had a BLAST leading an hour breakout session called, "Romancing Your Husband".

Yes, I did that and had the time of my LIFE! Little known fact that I have not shared on my blog until now is that I have a public speaking background and hope to see God use me in the future in that way. I just know it hasn't been the right timing yet for me to pursue anything in that kind of arena. He will let me know what's next. But for now, though, I was RIGHT in my element and LOVED it!!! I was blessed as well to be on a team of great people who helped me pull together the decor for the stage and the tables. I just eat that kinda stuff up. Again, right up my alley!

We gave away a "Bling" bracelet on everyone's napkin....they LOVED it!

Darling Cupcake/Pastry Tree!!!

About six kinds of yummy salads...mmm!

My BFF was able to come (drove FOUR hours!) to the women's event and was the BEST gift ever for me during my breakout session. I LOVED having her there!!!

Celebrated the Chinese Moon Festival by PG dressing in traditional Chinese clothes and eating at an amazing new Chinese restaurant (not a dorky old buffet where most things taste alike!). I had intentions of making real moon cakes, but was waaaay too busy. Wanted to find "Moon Pies" just for fun and couldn't find those either. Oh well. We still had fun together!

14 comments:

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Looks like an amazing weekend ALL the way around.

I think I am going to "steal" some of your fabulous ideas for a future ladies retreat.

Hope you have a super week...
Lisa

Ashley said...

Sounds fabulous! What a great theme!

Ashley said...

BTW - That's a beautiful picture of you and Funderstorm. ;)

LaLa said...

What a great time!!! Love the theme and decor!

Kelley said...

Fun! Fun! Fun! I want to come to the next women's extravaganza that you have!

Kim said...

Such fun and exciting times! I love the way the ladies event was decorated! How great to spend time with your friend.

Mommy Spice said...

I had a hard time finding Moon Pies last year, but was able to find them pretty easily this year. We did Moon Pies too. Are you enjoying your class? I forgot to ask you that today when I talked to you.

Can't wait to see ya next weekend.

redmaryjanes said...

Love the 'Bling it On!'. You guys did a great job with that.
And I have got to remember the Chinese Moon Festival.

Loraena Tuttle said...

Can you share some of your "romancing" tips? I'd love a post like that. =D

Sheryl said...

Oh my goodness, that looks like so much fun!!! I bet you are a wonderful speaker!

Praise and Coffee said...

What a beautiful event! So fancy and girly, I love it.

Sue

Crystal said...

Hello,

I looked for an email address to contact you with, but didn't see one, so I hope you don't mind a semi-long comment that has nothing to do with your post! *grin*

Anyway, my husband and I are hoping to adopt sometime in the relatively near future and I was wondering if you would be willing to share your story with us. I'm in the information gathering stage and am quickly becoming overwhelmed with the process - all the choices to make and the expenses and so on. I thought it might be a good idea to talk to a few people who have been there.

I'd appreciate anything you'd like to share about your journey to adopt your lovely daughter. You can contact me through my blog or email me at krysmh@gmail.com

Thanks, and God bless!

Elise said...

You look so cute in your red shirts and pig tails!!!! I am totally going to blog-lift some of those ideas for my princess party that I am having for the moms and daughters at the church (Princess' of the High King). I love the decorations and the dessert display!!!! So cool.....and now I won't have to think of my own ideas! Thanks!

yuqin said...

hihi, came across ur blog by accident and was hooked to it since then. ^_^ I'm a chinese and was rili touched to see how much love is showered upon pandagal. Boy, what a happy family! =)

just wanted to share a bit about chi festive.moon pies is also known as moon cakes in Asia countries while Chinese Moon festival is more widely known as Mid-Autumn festival as it marks the mid season of autumn. Just to share. =)