It's that time of year....woooohooooo! I adore fall with all my little heart so it was time to bust out with the cookie cutters and frosting. I always love cooking together with PandaGirl. She is great in the kitchen! These aren't the most beautiful cookies, but they are made with love and are part of our tradition that I hope PG will one day look back on with fond memories of her and her mom in the kitchen just being together.
PG's favorite thing to do on her own is art. She loves to make books, scrapbooks, family drawings, the cat, the dog, the Princesses...whatever her little heart desires. Well, her long beautiful legs have out-grown her Little Tykes Step 2 art table, but her art has expanded. We found this great sketch table that will grow with her forever. It is PERFECT for her and sits right in our living room. She has been very busy "designing" clothes for all the Princesses to wear (just like in the movies). Love it!
PG is six. She is precious. She has attitude. She needs guidance.
We started this chart for her to earn gold stars and a reward for 1st time obedience and then other stickers for a few daily chores like teeth brushing and making her bed. There is also a place for "X" when she rolls her eyes, argues or sulks over whatever she was just asked to do. So far, so good. This approach really seems to hit home with her. Her love language is a strong "Quality Time". Just to spend some one-on-one time with her for even as little as ten minutes...she is a new person. She longs to "help" do something with one of us. She truly is precious and tender-hearted, but when bored, hungry or doesn't get exactly her way, well, she's quite a bear. We had to find some way to let her feel successful and accomplish what we need to teach her as well. We'll see how long this little approach works. Hmmm.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Cookies, Art and a Little Chart
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

16 comments:
Oh how fun! Mallory and I made cupcakes last week when her little friend spent the night. We love cooking together.
I had to laugh when I saw that PG's art desk is in your living room because that is exactly where we put Mallory's art desk! It works out great because we can all be in the same room together.
The chart is a great idea. I am going to fix one up for my spicy girl this week. :)
Have a great week, my kindred spirit.
Adele
I love baking cookies. It looks like Spicy Girl is a great decorator! I made some banana bread last week, but it may time for some fun cookies.
So cute!! What a great idea with the chart : )
I could use PG for our upcoming Halloween party. Her cookies look so yummy.
Even at 10, we still have to use a behavior chart. I imagine the same thing will happen for Miss Josie too.
Have a wonderful week.
You can sure tells she does cookie deco'ing alot- those look like fancy bakery cookies she has done!
That is a great chart- we looked for months up North for a chart and never could find one to accommodate everyone-finally I had 4 separate ones on the wall and gave up- wish I had found one like that! Great post!
Miss PG is very artistic. I love her new sketch table, I think it will get lots of use!
Your such a good Mommy!! Can I send my girls over, I HATE cooking, baking, all that kitchen stuff! :)
I'm sure when she grows up, PG will treasure those memories of fun times with Mom! I love how you don't have to look far at all to see how much you love your girl, and I also enjoy the sneek peeks into our future. I have a feeling we'll need to try all sorts of charts over the next few years. :0)
Yep, we kept Chelsi's art desk in the family room too!!! Right in the middle of everything!
Good idea using the chart! IT never worked for us....Chelsi loved to "Decorate" it with the stickers....she could not stand it looking empty.....obviously...not the motivation I was hoping for! hee-hee!!! I am still peeling stickers off of mirrors and doors in our house...she was ONE sticker happy gal!!!
Hee-hee!!!
Love the baking too...you two girls have so much fun!!!
I LOVE IT!
Looks like fun! :) I love the fall and all the baking that come with the season! Enjoy! ;)
Hmmmm, the chart idea might work over here as well. S.G. has been with her grandparents for the past week. She was so very excited to have us all back home in the same house, but we have had quite a bit of arguing about the way we do things.
Love the cookies. Love P.G.'s hair! Love you!!
Pirate Lad would LOVE a drawing table like that. One day maybe I can find a good deal. He is very into drawing. Star Princess is very into coloring and writing and creating but in a different way. He just like to draw things with charcol pencils.
We have a chart system. We have the accountable kids charts but we did something a little different. Instead of filling up a chart with stars for each day and then after 10 getting to go on a "date" with someone we put together a bucket of stuff with numbers on it. They can "buy" the items with their stars. I put things small and big in it. Like tic tacs, gum, books, markers, action figures, videos (like the old Garfield since my older son loves those) and video games. The more expensive it cost the more stars it takes to purchase them. They have to save up but each Sunday night they get to shop. So far so good. We have used that system going on 3 weeks. We have used the Accountable Kids system since May at the homeschool book fair. I just added the goodie box b/c we needed to spice it up! Whatever works!
Love ya!
Looks like a perfect day and the chore chart is always good! ;) Stay on top of that Momma! lol
OK, selfishly, I'm counting down the months until you're back home again, too. I miss all your blog posts!
I love the chart idea. It looks like the tooth fairy has already made a couple of visits to your house!
My daughter NEEDS that chart! She just turned 3 and has attitude to spare--way more than all three of my boys combined. Some days her negative behaviour is so overwhelming, but your post reminds me to try to focus on her positive behaviours as much as I can. Thanks for that!
Julia
Post a Comment