Sad to say that since I have started working full-time my beloved blog takes a back seat to the necessities of daily living. That being said---I didn't even get to post on Monday about PandaGirl's 6th birthday. Pooh. We gave her gifts on Monday night which included a new BIKE---woohooo! She hasn't had one since she was three (I think). At first she was scared, but once she got the hang of it she didn't want to stop. ; ) I can't believe our little one is already SIX!!! I am now understanding a little better when parents of teenagers or adults say things like, "enjoy them while you can, because they grow up too fast." So true.
PG looking darling and ready for her guests to arrive at her Mulan Chinese Birthday party on Saturday!
Around January PG decided that she wanted her 6th birthday party to be "Mulan". She ADORES both Mulan movies and I love watching her be in love with such a beautiful Chinese girl. Does my heart good to see her connect to her heritage. I made her invitations by putting a Chinese character sticker in black on the front of a red card. The inside read:
Pandas, Pagodas
Mulan & Mushu
We're excited to invite you
To eat Chinese
Noodles & Rice with chopsticks
Zoe Xiao Cha is turning SIX!
Then I put it in a black envelope. Very cute. ; )
PandaPop brought in Panda Express---PG's FAVORITE---for lunch. I don't really like Panda Express much at all, because it always tastes like freezer food popped in the microwave, however, having it freshly made just for us made it taste REALLY yummy!
Decorating a table is one of my most favorite things to do. I very much enjoyed putting several of our Asian themed items together to make the table so cute! One of PandaGirl's friends from school is from Korea, one from Vietnam and of course, one of her church friends is from China. They all wore their darling Asian dresses and ate with chopsticks! Other friends joined us as well.
The kids enjoyed making their very own candy sushi. I had them each choose their "fillings" made from assorted gummi candies, twizzlers, pretzels all wrapped up in Rice Krispy Treats and Fruit Roll-ups. They LOVED them!
I had so much fun gathering goodies for the party favors. Of course, I HAD to have Chinese take-out boxes, fans, Chinese toys, chopsticks and a fortune cookie!
Getting in a little Jeep time with cousins.
PandaGirl had a great time and we are all pooped! ; )
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Birthday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

25 comments:
I hate that we missed P.G.'s birthday this year. It looks like it was such a great time. I LOVE the sushi krispies. Great idea!! I wish we could have been there. Oh, and I love the two front missing teeth!!
Happy birthday Panda Girl!!
Love Spicy Girl and Mommy Spice
You need to go in to the party plannin' business, Girl! Adorable!
This is seriously the cutest party I have ever seen. I am going to have to start fostering a love of Mulan in Laney starting now so that I can steal this idea in about four years!!!!! The candy sushi is so so adorable. Maybe I can incorporate that at Chinese New Year!!!
I love all the special little touches you did for her birthday. It was simply beautiful. I've always said that my dream job would be a party planner for kids birthdays. I think you and I would have a hoot shopping together.
Thanks for sharing her special day with all of us. Best wishes with the juggling act.
Oh I love it! You did a SUPER job. I love doing parties as well. It's so much fun!!! We do have so much in common. :)
Mallory's birthday is in December and she wants an asian tea party. I have actually been working on this party for a month now, jotting down my ideas. I will have to do the rice kripy sushi for sure.
I am sure PG had a wonderful party. Happy birthday to her!!!
What a precious party! You are quite the hostess!
What an awesome party and what super ideas!!!
And you're right - enjoy them now because they grow up soooo fast!
Hey! Thanks for checking out my blog. I am so excited to take time this evening to read your blog. And - if I read right this morning - you are an ST - I am an OT...working full-time now, but wanting to back off to be home more. We need to talk! Maybe you could offer me some encouragement...God bless...
Melisa @
www.higherisourheartsdesire.blogspot.com
Oh, by the way, my husband went to Haiti last April on mission trip and is going back in May '09...
Very cute birthday party!
You did a FANTASTIC job!!!!
What a beautiful birthday party!
OH wow...what a PAR-TAY!!!
Love it all!!! Your sweet girl is SIX! Oh my goodness! She is as beautiful as ever...and I KNOW she had the time of her life at this big party that her Momma planned with such LOVE!
Have a great week, my sweet friend!!!
Hugs!
Denise
Such a great party! PG is soooo sweet and soooo cute!
I am always so excited to see what you have done for parties. you do such a great job! It made me want to go to Panda Express to eat!!! LOL!
Praying for you today. I know it is harder for you than me, not because I love them any less but b/c you have had more time together and your friendship is such a strong and great thing. I am so excited for them though! It is such an amazing thing to follow Him in such a sacrifical way. We all need to do that in our daily lives right where we are!
Love you!
So glad PG had a great birthday! DD has been asking for a Mulan party since her 5th birthday too, and she hasn't changed her mind yet, although she mentions Pocahontas (sp)from time to time. I may be emailing you for advice. She's just hoping that her hair will be really by January. lol Email me about home schooling when you get a chance.
Happy 6th Birthday P.G.!!!!It looks like an absolute blast of a party! Sweet blessings to you all!
Renee
Love the party--love the theme. May have to steal that one from you-Ha. I enjoy keeping up with your blog and am waiting to see how God uses this "year of blessing".
Happy (belated) Birthday Panda Girl! It looks like you had a great time and your mama had a fantastic time planning your party.
Panda Mom, I never really got that "enjoy this age because they grow so fast" thing either until I had fast growing children myself! Emily is planning her 6th birthday party (the plan changes daily) in January and our "baby" will be 4 in December. Yikes!
I am jealous, er - inspired by, your creativity! Too cool. Happy 6th birthday PG!
Outstanding Job:::Clapping::::
Happy Birthday to your sweet PG--6 is a great number!
Julieann
Happy Birthday, Zoe!
You always do such special parties and events for your family! I love all the great creative ideas! Loved it!
what fun and lovely birthday party!
what a fabulous birthday party and the cake was just precious ... can we put a book on our kid's heads and tell them to stop growing ...
Post a Comment