Sunday, November 11, 2007

Just One of Those Weeks...

Still no internet at home. Sporadically checking email at PP's office. Noticing that life goes on whether I can blog about it or not. Here are just a few of the things that have gone on in the past seven days.

1. I connected with a very close high school friend via MySpace where she tracked me down. She is gorgeous and skinny!

2. Was able to see God bring my MOPS group of ladies together and use me to help them see the joy in friendships with other women. Awesome.

3. Introduced to a life-changing vitamin supplement and made a new friend and walking buddy in the process.

4. Buried PandaPop's precious grandmother who was 88 years old. She was the most vivid example of living out the reflection of Jesus Christ every single day.

5. While spending time with PP's family was able to experience a 5 hour sing-a-along with his cousins who are gospel, bluegrass, folk singers. Two guitars, one banjo and about 40 people sittin' around singing in a tiny little living room of his Mema's home. Loved it.

6. Got news that my aunt died on Sat. The funeral is Monday. She was in alot of pain and is now whole in Heaven. Two funerals in four days.

7. Being in ministry means that we have lots of friends who are ministers. We are praying with our friend during a time of difficult decisions with his ministry. Been there, done that.

8. Another one of our best friends who is a minister is being questioned by his pastor over his integrity....falsely. PandaPop is shouldering the stress for both of his friends. Ministry is so un-glamorous, but God is GOOD.

9. PandaPop gave me the t-shirt for his children's ministry winter retreat. One of his CUTEST EVER!

10. Sang over my sick baby girl who was sick with fever and was able to soothe her.

11. One of my best friends blogged that she has lost 21 lbs since Aug. GO GIRL!

12. PP and I were glued to our TV while watching four episodes of the first season of "LOST". Go Netflix!

13. Worshipped God at church and home.

14. Cried over the struggle to continue building our family.

15. Watched PandaPop carry the burden of his family's loss of Mema and the stress of our two minister friends.

16. Got excited over PandaGirl's first loose tooth and a new one peeking through!

17. Was blessed by a dear friend, chatting and her buying me a Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha from Starbucks.

18. Took a great nap today.

Just a few of the events of my week. Nothing particularly stressful for me personally (except the struggle of getting another child), but when all added together...it seems...well, just emotionally taxed. God is good. All the time.

12 comments:

JenLo said...

Wow, you've really had it going on! Glad you see you're hanging in there!

Anonymous said...

I think I was there for #7. That really stunk at the time. God had bigger and better plans. I had my first peppermint white choc. mocha the other day! totally awsome, but I think I like the plain peppermint mochas better. Have a great week.

GloryandGrace said...

Your honesty and huge heart are just a couple of the many reasons I am so blessed by you and love you so much. Can't see you and hug you soon enough~

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

That is a lot in one week. I am sorry for the losses and disappointments and happy for your high points, too.

I am confident God will clear a path for you to bring home another child. I pray you will significant progress in that area, so that you can have peace about it.

Remember these words: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

I hope God stations many encouragers around you during this time, as I know YOU and your hubby are encouragers to MANY.

God bless,
Lisa

Cammie said...

Wow! Stressful times! Continue keeping your eyes on God. He has brought you this far and will not leave you now!

I continue to pray for direction from God for you as you desire to add to your family.

Blessings!

Terri said...

Love you! I am praying for you guys always!!! Cyber hug coming your way!!!

3BoyMom said...

We have missed you at school. Praying that you and your family will rest in perfect peace in the coming days. Hope to see you Friday!

redmaryjanes said...

You guys have so much going on. My condolences for the losses in your family and friends.
Our minister at our old church was let go for no reason, it broke my heart. I know that the Lord has a plan for your friends. They are meant to move to somewhere else where their gifts are much needed.

Jinglebritches said...

Love you guys...praying for you....did you get my email? Cant believe PG already has a loose tooth. Toot is still hoping for one. Love you love you one and all!!

Elise said...

Boy you have had a lot going on this week but it sounds like God has been filling you with peace. I hope next week is less painful and full of His amazing JOY!!!

Mommy Spice said...

Loose tooth?!! Oh, Spicy Girl is going to be so jealous!!

So sorry about the funerals. Sounds like they are dining in heaven now.

I soooo here ya on the ministry stuff.

Hugs!! I miss you!!

Nikki said...

I'm with you on number 14...but yes, He IS good, all the time.
(amen!)

Your sweet hubby has a lot on his shoulders right now - he's blessed to have you and PG to get him thru.

Sorry to hear about 2 funerals in 4days.

I am also very proud of your friend for losing 21 pounds - that is so great - and she is such a great gal!

It's good to hear from you!
Take care! (and I hope you got that nap!)