1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I like the ease of a gift bag and the cute tissue paper sticking out, but I REALLY like to tear open a present and I like to SEE others having to work to get to the present!
2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial. NEVER have wanted a real one. No thanks on the watering and all the little needles in the floor.
3. When do you put up your tree? The weekend after Thanksgiving and watch White Christmas while doing it!!! A must!
4. When do you take the tree down? The week after Christmas. I like to start of a new year and beginning fresh and clean with everything in order...at least for awhile, that is. LOL!
5. Do you like eggnog? No thank you.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Many from my parents, but a blue Smurf from my brother sticks out in my mind, because he bought it as a teenager (he's 8 years older than me) and I thought it was so sweet. I always loved the gift "hiding" in the tree from Mom. I always thought that was so special!
7. Do you have a Nativity scene? Of course.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My sister-in-law. She has very specific things she likes.!
9. Easiest person to buy for? PandaPop.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? nothing comes to mind
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? We mail ours....I'm getting mine ready now!
12. Favorite Christmas movie? Hands down...White Christmas, but we adore Elf, The Santa Clause 1 & 2, Scrooged and one with Stephen Curtis Chapman in it called The Christmas Child.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? On a budget? Whenever we have the $$$! LOL
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Dare I admit that on here? Remember the budget thing? ; )
15. Favorite things to eat at Christmas? Hot chocolate, chocolate crinkle cookies, and chocolate covered nuts. Hmmm...guess this year I will have to come up with some other favorite after my SuperSize Me post!
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear. I do plan to use colored on another tree in the house sometime. We just went to our staff party at our pastor's home and they decorated one with white and the main one was covered in the outdoor multicolored kind like we had growing up. It looked FABULOUS with all of their grown kids' ornaments on them. Loved it!
17. Favorite Christmas song? One Small Child sung by David Meece. His version brings me to tears with a sense of worship and awe.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We always have to stay for the Christmas Eve service at church, but we will wake up on Christmas morning for presents and then travel to my parent's. That's this year. Every year is different.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes, but barely - dasher, dancer, prancer, vixen, comet, cupid, donner, blitzen, rudolph(I just left this from the person I got it from! Thanks Kim, at Lifesong! LOL)
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Rustic Star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? I grew up opening Christmas morning and PP did it on Eve. I really had to make a HUGE adjustment to that, but now I like it. However, since the arrival of PandaGirl I want her to be able to open up on Christmas morning in her PJs. You know the cuteness of that!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The terrible emptyness of people running about celebrating "Christmas" and having no idea about the HOPE Jesus brings. Their lives are consumed with how much junk to buy and they miss out on the true reason Jesus came here as a human.
23. What is the "corniest" family tradition you do, or miss doing? My mother-in-law buys us PJs every year and we always know they are coming, and take our picture in them. I don't think it's corny at all, but instead LOVE doing it!
24. Ugliest Christmas Decoration ever invented? I really can't stand ANY of those dorky figurines that have a button to be pushed and they dance, jiggle and wiggle while distorted holiday music is blaring out. UGH!
25. Which looks the best, theme trees or homey trees? I love both! Our tree is mostly red and gold, but I have lots of rustic accents along with the elegant glass ornaments, too. I love our tree! It is fun to see themed ones, and if more $$$ comes along then I will do more, but for now we'll stick with what we have.
26. What does Christmas mean to you? John 1:14 says it best..."The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the One and Only who came from the Father full of grace and truth." The birth of Jesus along with his death and resurrection are the reason that I have HOPE. I will live eternally because He chose to come down here as a baby so He could die for me. All the other "Christmasy" stuff is just a way to celebrate and acknowledge the ultimate GIFT given for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
I spent so much money at the mall the other night....Christmas Shopping is so exhausting...but in the end it isnt about presents...I hope your Christmas is full of JOY!!
Our worship team sang that VERY song this morning! I'd forgotten how much you loved it. Missing you.
Hey, my step mom gets us pj's every year too. I got to pick them out with her this year. We all get matching slippers. I can't wait to get mine. I still have so many from the years past, and I love all; well, most of them anyway.
sorry didn't get a chance to visit sunday. stomach bug visited her house. smile. tried to call tuesday, but it said your number had changed. enjoy your week.
millie
This was wonderful to read! New PJs sound so fun! Your tree sounds gorgeous,too!
thats cute! I think i'll do that one later!
new blog
ourlittleevie.blogspot.com
Amen to your last point! I still have some shopping to do, but I'm mostly done.
Gotta love new pj's at Christmas - it is a must with us (girls) here too!
Merry Christmas!
Loved all your answers...i got cute PJ's for the kids too this year.
I hope you all have an amazing Christmas together!!!
I have to tell you that The Christmas Child is my new favorite Christmas movie! The book it's based on by Max Lucado has always been my favorite Christmas book, even though I don't own it! My MIL does. I made hubby sit down and watch it with me one night and he cried.
I hope your Christmas was a great one full of wonderful memories to treasure!
check out the new picts!!!!
Post a Comment